You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In the midst of all this transfer talk it seems we have a match to play, even if without Willian, Lamela or Costa it's all rather pointless.

Villa are shaping up to be this year's WBA, although they play more like a smaller Stoke on meth. Lambert has them playing outside their skin - there will be some gut checks on our part.

Team: Same lot as last week, same subs.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a much tougher test than the Stoke match.

Villa got a great result at Arsenal last week, and were unlucky to come away from Stamford Bridge with nothing on Wednesday.

Lambert has got a good recent record against Rodgers, winning 3 out of the last 4.

I agree with OP, same squad as last week.

This will be a much tougher test than the Stoke match.

Villa got a great result at Arsenal last week, and were unlucky to come away from Stamford Bridge with nothing on Wednesday.

Lambert has got a good recent record against Rodgers, winning 3 out of the last 4.

I agree with OP, same squad as last week.

Is this the first time a match thread has been created the day before a match? Who is in charge here?

Same line-up as Stoke, and a win for us. Not sure if we'll keep a clean sheet, but we know what the attacking threats are for Villa. Kolo against the mighty Benteke should be interesting, but he's got experience enough to put the kid in his place. Fingers crossed.

I fucking hate these boring cunts.

Be prepared for "shit support my lord" to be hilariously droned out for 90 minutes.

I imagine they think they are boss now because Benteke bullied them to a win against Arsenal and an unfortunate loss against Chelsea. The rest of the side are still bang average and we should be beating them. There is a reason they nearly got relegated last season and it's down to if Benteke isn't firing then they are shit.

It could easily go the way of Arsenal if Benteke plays well though because we are shit aerially. Only Toure coming in has tempered it somewhat.

Looks like a Villa side capable of getting results this season as well as playing decent football. With young players now getting to grips with the manager's system and holding on to Benteke I think they will see a big improvement on last season but the same can be said about us despite no Suarez yet and no big transfer so to speak.

Means a bit more to me than most as I spent many years living and working in the Midlands and after the derby and the mancs love to put one over on the deluded Villa fans

I fucking hate these boring cunts.

Be prepared for "shit support my lord" to be hilariously droned out for 90 minutes.

I imagine they think they are boss now because Benteke bullied them to a win against Arsenal and an unfortunate loss against Chelsea. The rest of the side are still bang average and we should be beating them. There is a reason they nearly got relegated last season and it's down to if Benteke isn't firing then they are shit.

It could easily go the way of Arsenal if Benteke plays well though because we are shit aerially. Only Toure coming in has tempered it somewhat.

If we were playing at Anfield yes but our away support should put that one to bed

They are seriously tedious and for a major city club with a European Cup and decent pedigree they have a very small town attitude

If we were playing at Anfield yes but our away support should put that one to bed

They are seriously tedious and for a major city club with a European Cup and decent pedigree they have a very small town attitude

Trust me they will sing it regardless. The fucking boring cunts.

One of the worst away supports I've ever witnessed. Doing a "conga" to show what great fans they were 5-0 down. Fucking embarrassing.

I think Villa are being massively overhyped to be honest, they can consider themselves very fortunate not to be relegated last year as they were woeful for 80% of the season, don't know much about their new signings but we should definitely be confident of a win if we turn up

same team as last week please although I'd go with a fluid attack with Henderson playing more towards the left and centre rather than on the right

Their 3rd game in a week with a smallish squad even if it is early in the season means we have an added advantage. I heard they got more points away than at home which is quite unusual only the relegated teams got fewer points at home than them last year. That Weimann seems to be a pest as well but apart from the front 3 they are pretty average.

They do play well as a team though and everyone seems to know their jobs despite that can see a high scoring game 3-2 to us or a draw not much in it.

When we saw the fixtures list, probably most of us looked at this as a clear chance for 3 points. I still do, and hope Rodgers has the lads ready to go out and play for that.

Delph looked good against Chelsea, who didn't seem ready for the energy levels Villa through at them, same with Arsenal. We should be prepared.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

They'll sit deep when defending and try to break forward, but when they attack, they tend to push the line higher (like against Arsenal when they conceded against Giroud). Sturridge will get in if we can get the ball to Coutinho.

Trust me they will sing it regardless. The fucking boring cunts.

One of the worst away supports I've ever witnessed. Doing a "conga" to show what great fans they were 5-0 down. Fucking embarrassing.

Exactly. 3 thousand Kevin Turveys desperately trying to keep the attention on themselves.

'Same old Scousers'..

'Sign on'..

Small time.

This is one of their Cup finals believe me.

All very well saying the have a top talent in Benteke and Agbonlahor has had a good start. Add to that, their GK is always busy.

But we are Liverpool, we have Mignolet, Agger, Toure, Johnson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas and Sturridge.

Our tails are up not on just winning last week but the way we did it.

Win this, sit back and watch united on Monday and hopefully they get a card or 2 vs Chelsea, then we can go 6 points ahead of them next week.