You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed A Kick Up the Eighties' date=' Shelley and Three of a Kind. That would have confirmed you 100% as a man born in 1971.

So, just to confirm I heard you right, Gimme Gimme Gimme is funny and Fawlty Towers isn't. That's what you're saying? I'm not making that up am I? That IS what you're saying?

Don't worry about me; after Anzio every day is a bonus...[/quote']

Born in 1971? Er yeah ok, I'll take that.

Missing out A Kick up the Eighties and Shelley was a schoolboy error on my part. Was Three of A Kind the Lenny Henry, Tracy Ullman and David Copperfield comedy sketch show?

If so, I only liked Copperfield of the Three myself.

Ones not mentioned yet:

Filthy, Rich and Catflap

That Peter Kay Thing

Can't believe I forgot these.

Filthy, Rich and Catflap has me seriously belly laughing whenever I watch it. The episode when Richie decides to kill his dad has me rolling around. Especially the scene in the shop with the oven gloves.

That Peter Kay thing along with Phoenix Nights is hilarious. The two stand out episodes are the Bingo one and the Ice Cream Wars. Tom Dale "King Of The Callers" warm up, Keith Lard and the young lad who gets sacked. The Ice Cream Wars is fucking brilliant. Razzing round the housing estate in "Hot Pursuit" of Signor Whoppy is classic along with him having a meltdown at the Bolton Fair.

Bottom

Filthy Rich and Catflap

The Young Ones

Dad's Army

Open All hours

Father Ted

Fawlty Towers

The Office

Extras

Only Fools and Horses

Peep Show

Dennis Pennis

I loved some of the comic strip presents as well especially 'A fistful of travellers cheques' and 'Bad news tour'

First couple of series of Bo Selecta were really good which just and I mean just about gets Leigh Francis a pass with the truly dreadful Keith Lemon.

Also The Day Today.....

And another great Steve Coogan character Saxondale.

Edited by Stickman

I loved some of the comic strip presents as well especially 'A fistful of travellers cheques' and 'Bad news tour'

Knew I'd forgotten something. The Comic Strip Presents tended to be very hit-and-miss, but when it hit it was brilliant - 'The Bullshitters', 'Mr Jolly Lives Next Door', 'More Bad News', 'Detectives On The Edge Of A Nervous Breakdown' and (at the risk of *F on the GF) 'The Crying Game'.

I've also just been reminded of Stella Street, which hardly anyone ever saw with it being buried in the depths of the late-night BBC2 schedules:

[YOUTUBE]oIot-vgqJBA[/YOUTUBE]

Knew I'd forgotten something. The Comic Strip Presents tended to be very hit-and-miss' date=' but when it hit it was brilliant - 'The Bullshitters', 'Mr Jolly Lives Next Door', 'More Bad News', 'Detectives On The Edge Of A Nervous Breakdown' and (at the risk of *F on the GF) 'The Crying Game'.

I've also just been reminded of Stella Street, which hardly anyone ever saw with it being buried in the depths of the late-night BBC2 schedules:

YouTube Link[/quote']

Dont forget,'The Miners Strike' too.