You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

So is this offer for Skrtel from Napoli real, 10M apparently? I don't know about it, if he can find his old form once again..

He's had one good season since signing for us. If we could get Sakho for the same money I'd bite Rafa's hand off.

Are we being linked with draxler of schalke?

If we are, they need to lock the doors to the asylum.

A lot of clubs with more money and actual chances of winning stuff would be queuing up for him if he was availible.

In other words, never going to happen.

Doesn't look like he follows them at all. I'm still going to hate him though, just incase.

Yeah, he's unfollowed them now, looks like he's getting a bit of stick on twitter about it.

Anyway, he could solve our right wing problems...badum tish.

Will Hughes is like Joe Allen.

Now, I can see why we want him, if we build a young team who want to stay with us, then in a couple of years time we'll have...

----------------------Mignolet-------------------------

-Johnson/?---Wisdom/?-------Toure/Agger---Cissokho/?

Sterling/Ibe----Allen/Hughes--Henderson/Lucas--Coutinho/?

---------Sturridge/Borini---Sinclair/?

Putting it in another way, perhaps we're looking at playing the long game. These kids have time on their side and they aren't the type of kids to be taken away from us by Europe's elite. That said, there's real quality and intelligence in there and with the right coaching and management they can be a real force, a la Dortmund.

I think Allen is a wonderful player, a delight to watch, he must be a delight to play with, and Hughes is in the same mould. They move intelligently, they pass the ball quickly and accurately, and they are very fit lads. In terms of central midfielders they are perfect. Together, they might be even better.

I'm not scared of a future without superstars, unlike many of you. Hard work, systems and hunger win you games, not overhead kicks and stepovers. The very ethos of the club needs a transfusion and it's getting one, this club is progressive and about excellence and teamspirit, and our transfer policy should underline that.

I wouldn't mind if all our player purchases came from the Championship. BOOOO you might say, but once upon a time the likes of Walcott, Bale, Allen, Britton, Lallana, Zaha, Butland, Sinclair, Long, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lescott, Zamora, Tim Cahill, Saha, Finnan, Etherington, Robbie Keane, Danny Murphy, Lee Bowyer, Neil Lennon, Jason McAteer, Stan Collymore, Ryan Shawcross, Gylfi Siggurdsson, Phil Jagielka, Rickie Lambert, Nick Powell, Victor Moses, etc all came from humble roots, below the top tier.

You need only see that, last weekend, just 75 players in the PL were English. There is a lot of talent being pushed down a division or two, getting experience, but more and more seem to leave PL clubs at a young age and start afresh in the lower divisions.

I'm not scared of a future without superstars, unlike many of you. Hard work, systems and hunger win you games, not overhead kicks and stepovers. The very ethos of the club needs a transfusion and it's getting one, this club is progressive and about excellence and teamspirit, and our transfer policy should underline that.

Top, top post.

Will Hughes is 6'1 according to Wiki! That can't be right, he doesn't look it. Sign him up if he is.

Funny how we are linked with a player = rubbish, just a rumour, we won't buy anyone

Other teams are linked with a player = everyone is improving bar us

Will Hughes is 6'1 according to Wiki! That can't be right, he doesn't look it. Sign him up if he is.

Funny how we are linked with a player = rubbish, just a rumour, we won't buy anyone

Other teams are linked with a player = everyone is improving bar us

exactly, someone could post on here that Spurs were signing Messi and people would go into hysterics believing it

My my, the BBC reaaaaally want that to happen dont they?

Benzema scored Madrid's equaliser the other day, I somehow dont think they're going to entertain a bid for their main striker.

Di Maria, yes, gettable probably.

I think we all know exactly what a Benzema possibly leaving story will get twisted into.....

If that article regarding Will Hughes is accurate then we are spunking away £10 million on a player who will be staying at Derby for the rest of the season.

If we are operating on a limited budget as it would appear that we are, then where is the logic in frittering away £10 million on potential when the blatant need for investment in the first team is being overlooked?

Our first team was only good enough to finish seventh last season....without improvements being made, how can we possibly do better this season, when the sides around us are strengthening?