You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

What a shit response considering you're arguing about a keeper's effectiveness.

Just WTF its got to do with 'before rodgers' arrived fuck only knows. Tha facts is, his loss of form has been happening for 3 seasons. In that time he's had benitez, hodgson(!) the King and rodgers as manager. Guess what, he's still made mistakes.

Oh silly me, I forgot he hasnt had his two favoured goal keeping coaches at Liverpool in that time. And this supposedly a world class keeper?

No substance? What you really mean dennis, is you've got no argument to prove otherwise and that's your best shot. As for being forced out, yeah that'll be the keeper who wanted to go to arse a few years back. That'll be the same keeper who told his golf pro he'd had enough of Liverpool 2 seasons ago and wanted to move on. That keeper, dennis?

You really do live in an insular world dennis.

Neither Benitez, Hodgson or Kenny sold him, Rogers did after a good season, despite Rogers fuckery with our defending. Thats why its relevant.

No substance, it was your claim, you prove it or shut up?

Wasnt one of you one of the Roy Hodgson supporters, one of the Rafa 'rubbing his hand together' rumour pushers? Every year Ive been on here you have been proven wrong with all your major predictions and supported the owners no matter what they have done. Am I not correct?

You, and most of the ones who are made up with this 'deal' are the ones who are constantly wrong. Indirectly contributing to the cheerleading us into obscurity.

I live in the same world you do, not very sure at all what your point about me being insular is. You are describing yourself and all of those incapable of thinking for yourself but meekly follow the clubs PR and castigate anyone who disagrees with the idea that any minute they will buck the trend since they and rogers come in, of mediocre performances, based on no precedent at all. Either of them.

I'll continue to reject your rumour spreading on behalf of the discredit and smear Reina campaign in order to sell this to other fans as a 'good thing'.

I know what your opinion is before you open your mouth because you always go along with what the club are doing, I will call it as I see fit, if I think FSG/Rogers have made a good move I will call it and vice versa, all you do is cheerlead no matter what they do. Theres a subtle difference.

You said yourself you had a problem with the loan deal but you dont go any further than that, its a minor concern, not worth you pondering any real questions about because that might force you to think for yourself. Retreat to the insular mindset.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Do you have a video of all his mistakes last year yet?

They're on youtube. If you think I'm going to be your lackey, you've got another thing coming.

I was surprised at a loan initially. But thinking about it, I can see the sense behind it.

Reina is probably going to go to Barca next summer when Valdes leaves, so weneeded to find a replacement either this or next summer. We wanted Mignolet so got him while we could. We then loan Reina and make a big saving in wages. Hopefully Mignolet does well and no one misses Reina. If that occurs then we can sell him to Barca next season, hopefully when his stock is higher after a good season. If Mignolet struggles then we still have Reina on our books if needed.

I don't see the issue.

Now this is a post where LFD is correct.

Reina is obviously off to Barca next year. We save £4m in wages, and I suspect we get a loan fee too. I'm happy enough. He would not have been happy sitting in the bench anyway.

Nothing to see here, please move along.

wish I had read this before I posted similar in the pepe thread. agree with this 100%

I suspect they will be paying his full wages, yes. I wouldn't be surprised if they are also paying a loan fee. Same thing happened with Carroll.

Based on what???

All the reports point to the contrary, its odd that you are the one person saying this.

Napoli couldnt even pay for Cesars £100,000 a week wage, you are telling me they are going to be paying a loan fee plus his full wages? Break their whole wage structure which goes to no more than £40,000 for a loanee?

hahaha

I'd like to believe that I really would.

Aldridge has come out and said we will save £6million in wages and will get a small loan fee as well.

If this is accurate and we have £7/8 million going spare plus a player coming back with 2 years left on his contract I am really not that arsed.

Although he has got a few years left at the top I really don't see why we should get rid of Reina at the time when it suits him.

He was interested in a move to Arsenal 2 years ago and wants the Barcelona move before he hangs his boots up so why should we wait until he decides to leave us and we possibly cannot get a suitable replacement?

Mignolet is young, quality and Premiership experienced already. There may not be someone available next season like that when Reina decides its time for him to move on.

Players should not dictate to us anymore when its time to leave.

Spot on that, im glad the club have been proactive on this and not reactive, Pepes head hasn't been here since Torres, Alonso and Arbeloa fucked off, used to love him but now im glad to see the back of him, im tired of him and his mistakes and half arsedness, why should we wait until he decides hes going? fuck that, on the other hand, really excited about Mignolet, we have arguably the best goalkeeper in the league and loads of you don't even realise it.

*Dennis tooth you are running that retarded Norgie close to the biggest slobbering spastic on this site, wind it in you stupid bastard.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Three.
Yeah. In three games. Leading to goals.

Any others?

There are many other months off football to choose from?

Im open minded, show me, show me! I want to beleive!!

No ta.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

When you quote somebody, it's wise to make sure they've actually said it. I've said three games. Nothing more.

haha as I thought, 3 mistakes in one season is a poor season, hahaha

Suarez makes more mistakes than that in ten minutes.

Dennis, you clearly don't watch many games. Reina fluffed loads of crosses last season, and was very vulnerable around his near post. His agility has been suspect for years, though he did make some excellent stops towards the end of the season.

He didn't have to at all. You could go back to February and check out his run of three games against Arsenal, City and West Brom. Reina has been a quality keeper for us, but pretending he hasn't been totally off his game for at least a couple of seasons is delusional.

Right mate, Im trying I really am, like you said I want to at least have some doubts about my assertion he had a good season.

Now you have provided 3 mistakes in february, pretty sure I could provide 3 mignolet mistakes also.

You questioned whether my claim he had had a good season, at your own request Ive been on youtube and witnessed three 'mistakes'.

Ive also watched a true compilation of his season and some amazing stops, some even in the games such as Arsenal and City where there was a mistake.

Yes, he had a good season, Christ, Mohammed, Buddha.

Dennis, you clearly don't watch many games. Reina fluffed loads of crosses last season, and was very vulnerable around his near post. His agility has been suspect for years, though he did make some excellent stops towards the end of the season.

I want examples, games he has cost us in other than those Numero cited?

I must have missed him being shit last year, I must have got distracted watching him save our skin many, many times due to Roger's ineptness with the defence.

Sturridge has a good half season and thats enough for everyone to support him but Reina, nar, not good enough, never has been never will be.

Some proper reactionary idiots all over this thread. Can't believe what our support base has turned into, we don't even have all the facts yet and there are a load of grown men acting worse than when a teenage girl gets dumped. Some people on here need to take a long hard look at themselves as this place is a mess.

So much so that the silence from the owner of this place is deafening, he's probably sick and tired and the repetitive, monotonous flinging of shit that this place has turned into, it's a rarity that a thread doesn't turn into name calling on this place. What is wrong with some of you people?

Are you so mentally challenged you can't disagree with someone and try to get your opinion across with resorting to ridiculous name calling?

Has it actually occurred to anyone that Rodgers had a plan to try and get the best out of Reina by bringing someone else in, like something that's happening at Manchester United? But Reina doesn't actually fancy fighting for his place and has decided he wants out? The Barça deal has fallen through so now we are trying to make the best of a tricky situation?

The above is just one of a whole load of different scenarios, we haven't the facts yet and there are people on here trying there best to give themselves an ulcer with the bile that's being spread.

Rodgers is going to make mistakes, he might not even make it here who knows? But why some of your bother supporting this club if you could call it that is a mystery to me.

Right, you are calling people names for calling people names?

I want examples, games he has cost us in other than those Numero cited?

I must have missed him being shit last year, I must have got distracted watching him save our skin many, many times due to Roger's ineptness with the defence.

Sturridge has a good half season and thats enough for everyone to support him but Reina, nar, not good enough, never has been never will be.

See, that's just gibberish there Dennis. Not doing your argument any favours. Who says Reina has never been good enough? Nobody, that's who. He was superb for us for many years. For the last three years, he's been no better than a jobbing premiership goalie. Even his distribution wasn't as good as we had come to expect last year.

See, that's just gibberish there Dennis. Not doing your argument any favours. Who says Reina has never been good enough? Nobody, that's who. He was superb for us for many years. For the last three years, he's been no better than a jobbing premiership goalie. Even his distribution wasn't as good as we had come to expect last year.

Take it easy Dennis. You're sounding like the other idiots apprentice. Pepe great keeper. Wants away. Good luck to him. He owes us fuck all. We have a sound keeper in Mignolet.

Reacher don't think for one minute the loons on here represent the base support you talk of.