You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Classic Video Games You Miss

FrenchEyeGlass

ta mate, I did read about Jackson later on, I loved the sonic music, some of them seemed to have melodys from chart songs but was too young to know, my dad hated the sound effects on sonic, boing boing fuckin boing he'd say.

I used to get the comics and mags, always wanted a sega cd.

up down left right a and start togther..

[YOUTUBE]cDd_GlynA6A[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3mqmN6mw4R8[/YOUTUBE]

always sounded 70s to me this one

I never had a Nes but my cousin did and she hardly ever played on it so I used to as my auntie used to minds us some afternoons after school. she got a Snes later too.

I liked all the Mario's, they where all different.

also the Nes controllers would kill after a while, the Sega Mega drive ones where comfy. used to keep my thumb on A all the time and just flick B with the same thumb on Sonic.

Aye, Mega Drive controllers were the tits. My cousin had a Master System (the one with Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in) and it had this mystique because we never owned one but in hindsight that console was a piece of shit compared to the NES.

Sega and Nintendo ruled hard but Disney made some belting games in the early-mid 90s too: Castle of Illusion, Aladdin, Quackshot, The Lion King and my favourite Mickey Mania.

I assume you mean Games Master Mike? Not Games World (or is that something else?)

I had a NES, SNES, Master system, Commadore 64 and Megadrive. I loved them all in different ways.

games world was the one on Sky1, Big boy Barry, anyone remember that?

Was it on early before school and presented by Dominik Diamond? Can vaguely remember a show on Sky One which was scandalously similar to Gamesmaster and presented by DD but it might not be the one you're referring to.

Gamesworld was on a 5 times a night through the week I think, each day was different like a different theme, tuesdays was big boy barry, think it was on about tea time.

just seen a few clips on Youtube, awful thing but used to watch it all the time, presented by Bob Mills.

Gamesmaster was the one with Dominic Diamond on and Patrick Moore was the Gamesmaster, channel 4, think it was friday nights?

so what was the Sega channel then? dont remember that and I always thought at the time I knew everything there was to know about Sega.

I was totally drawn in by the merchandise and advertising, been having a good think back of all the things I used to get, from the comics, pyjamas, cuddly sonic! sweets, had the posters from the comics and the ones you got with the games on my bedroom wall, even got into Formula1 at that time and supported the Williams team because they had Sonic on the car.

still cant decide what I liked better or what was cooler out of Mario and Sonic, I can remember buying Mario stickers, toys from Mackies and had a radio controlled Mario Kart that sat on my computer desk, I just liked them both at different times.

sonic_preview.jpg

The Sega Channel was a big fuck off cartridge which was permanently hooked to your cable box and you could download fifty different games per month. Was boss for discovering 'off radar' games which you'd never play otherwise (Aerobiz Supersonic was bummed on a regular basis) and made all the other cartridges we owned redundant. Given this was the mid 90s it was pretty much ahead of its time.

Love old games.

We had an Amiga 500 back in 88 and my dad used to get copied games.

My all time favourites were:

Boulderdash (just got the collection from Play Store for £2.49)

Emerald Mine 3

Street Fighter 2 (graphics were shite and incredibly slow compared to the SNES)

Midnight Resistance

Mortal Kombat

Sensible Soccer

James Pond Robocod

Arkanoid

Desert Storm

Wings

Body Blows (SF2 rip off)

Later I upgraded to a PS1 and the favourites were:

Street Fighter 2 collection (Always played the Champion Edition)

Syphon Filter

Destruction Derby

UEFA Champions League 98/99 (Always played as the Liverpool '77 team).

FIFA 96

Streer Fighter Alpha 3.

• 7 months later...

Impossible Mission (Commodore 64)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Commodre 64)

Paperboy (Commodore 64)

Duck Tales (NES)

Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES)

Castle of Illusion (Mickey Mouse) (Master System)

Super Star Wars (SNES)

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle (Mega Drive)

EA Hockey (Mega Drive)

Golden Axe (Mega Drive)

Revenge of Shinobi (Mega Drive)

Ringside Angel Suzuki (Meaga Drive) - Mental Japanese import game.