Quantcast
Hutchison: Salah for Sancho would be a fair swap - Latest News - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

TLW
TLW

Hutchison: Salah for Sancho would be a fair swap

Jadon Sancho is the player who would be a perfect addition for Liverpool according to former Reds and Everton player Don Hutchison.

The Borussia Dortmund forward is one of the hottest prospects in Europe with a number of clubs interested in signing the 19 year-old former Man City youth player.

But for Liverpool to secure his services, they would have to let go one of their prized assets in the front three.

Hutchison says while he wouldn’t sell by choice, if it came to that scenario that player could be Mo Salah.

The Mirror reported the Scottish international as saying:

"I think if you're going to sell anyone and you had to sell one - don't get me wrong, I wouldn't sell any if I was Jurgen Klopp - but if one was to go and you offered Mo Salah for someone like Jadon Sancho, I maybe would take that swap.

However he was unequivocal in his belief that Sadio Mané shouldn’t be the man sacrificed.

“I wouldn't [accept £140m for Mane],  I wouldn't.

salah8_600.jpg

While Hutchison says Salah is an incredibly talented player, he identified a few flaws in his game.

“When we were talking about the Champions League just before the Atletico Madrid game, you watch Mo Salah and the guy does genius things but he does the most basic things so bad it's untrue.

“He can't pass a ball five yards, he seems to keep playing this ball where he tries to nutmeg everyone from whatever side he's on, if he's coming off the right flank onto his left, tries to play it to a striker through a body of players that's never, ever on.

“And you watch him and go: 'Surely this has been coached, surely Jurgen Klopp and his coaching staff have tried to coach Mo Salah,' and he does the basic things really badly.

"Yet his numbers are frightening and he scores a ridiculous amount of goals in the Premier League and the Champions League."

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I, also, would swap Salah for Sancho. Not because Salah is shit or anything dramatic like that, but because Sancho is younger and would be amazing under Klopp, abs Salah is going into the stage of his career where his pace is starting to fade and he isn’t going to be one of those players who plays great without pace.

• Upvote 1

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

This.

Link to comment

Don Hutchison has identified flaws in salahs game Jesus there must be some amount of ex player pundits self isolating when news outlets are down to this talentless clown for an opinion.

Give me the job . If Mo wants to leave the Pl champions just replace him with the best like for like talent a available.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah i agree. Ideally, keep mo as well and integrate Sancho.

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Trumo said:

So he would make a perfect addition but he's being advocated as a replacement? I might be wrong, but to me that doesn't make him a perfect addition.

The Mirror have just taken those quotes from ESPN, Hutchison was replying to Marcotti saying Mane was the most saleable of the front 3.

Silly season started early this year.

Link to comment

Everybody in the media is obsessed with transfers yet the champions in waiting who are 25 points clear,simply brought in a few lower priced squad players in the last two transfer windows. Just shows why they are in the media and not managing successful football teams.

Link to comment
49 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Silly season started early this year.

I think Sadio is the most saleable of the front 3 because it's perceived that Salah has been off. I wouldn't sell either of them, I'd just add to the squad if possible.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You are SteveO and I clam my fridge magnet

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

"His numbers are frightening and he scores a ridiculous amount of goals but his elbows are pointy" said Don Hutchinson in so many words.

Fuck off Don.

aN7D6DKZ_700wa_0.gif

Link to comment

We shouldn't need to sell anyone to buy Sancho. Financially, or squad-wise. If you have an attack of Mane, Firmino, Salah and Sancho, you're winning games by 3's, 4's and 5's. That attack is extremely complimentary. No one would have to go.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

×