You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hearts game thread 30/8

JaminKibbler

Surprised there isn't a thread for this, looking for a better display than the first leg. Would like to see Sahin, Oussaidi and Carroll feature as it's the best opportunity to install confidence and fit into the new style of plan.

I'd go with..

Reina

Kelly-Carragher-Agger-Robinson

Sahin-Shelvey-Henderson

Oussaidi-Carroll-Downing

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised there isn't a thread for this, looking for a better display than the first leg. Would like to see Sahin, Oussaidi and Carroll feature as it's the best opportunity to install confidence and fit into the new style of plan.

I'd go with..

Reina

Sahin-Shelvey-Henderson

Oussaidi-Carroll-Downing

I thought Assaidi was cup tied for this round?

My choice would be similar to your's but:

Reina

Kelly-Carragher-Agger-Downing

Sahin-Shelvey-Henderson

Gerrard-Borini-Suarez

Hearts gave us a great game, I know we're at home however, don't want to take any chances.

If we get the game sewn up by 60 mins then take Gerrard, Borini and Suarez off and replace with Adam, Caroll and Robinson.

Changing to

------Shelvey-Adam-Sahin

Henderson---------------Downing

--------------Caroll

I thought Assaidi was cup tied for this round?

My choice would be similar to your's but:

Reina

Kelly-Carragher-Agger-Downing

Sahin-Shelvey-Henderson

Gerrard-Borini-Suarez

Hearts gave us a great game, I know we're at home however, don't want to take any chances.

If we get the game sewn up by 60 mins then take Gerrard, Borini and Suarez off and replace with Adam, Caroll and Robinson.

Changing to

------Shelvey-Adam-Sahin

Henderson---------------Downing

--------------Caroll

We have a big game on Sunday. I don't want Gerrard or Suarez anywhere near the line up.

Starts for Sahin, Carroll, Carra and Downing. Adam and Henderson also. Then fill in the rest with Coates, Kelly, Reina, Robinson and maybe Shelvey. That should be ample to see off Hearts.

We have a big game on Sunday. I don't want Gerrard or Suarez anywhere near the line up.

Starts for Sahin, Carroll, Carra and Downing. Adam and Henderson also. Then fill in the rest with Coates, Kelly, Reina, Robinson and maybe Shelvey. That should be ample to see off Hearts.

I'm not so sure but do see where you are coming from ref Gerrard and Suarez. Although Arsenal is not as big as Man City, we do need the 3 points but I don't see it as a major risk if they played 60 mins against Hearts at this stage of the season.

It was a straight red wasn't it? Three match ban? He's only served one against city?

Edit: nevermind.

Nah was only one game for some reason.

With Sahin and Assaidi cup tied and Lucas out it looks like we will have to play at least one midfielder and wide player who is likely to start against Arsenal.

Reina

Kelly Carra Coates Enrique

Henderson Adam

Downing Shelvey Borini

Carroll

Not sure if Kelly had picked up a knock against City when he came off so Flanagan might come in there.

And if Adam or Carroll are being touted around they might not play, so either a couple of kids get a game or else a few from the first 11 on Sunday play another game.

Nah was only one game for some reason.

With Sahin and Assaidi cup tied and Lucas out it looks like we will have to play at least one midfielder and wide player who is likely to start against Arsenal.

Reina

Kelly Carra Coates Enrique

Henderson Adam

Downing Shelvey Borini

Carroll

Not sure if Kelly had picked up a knock against City when he came off so Flanagan might come in there.

And if Adam or Carroll are being touted around they might not play, so either a couple of kids get a game or else a few from the first 11 on Sunday play another game.

I'd go with that

I think the Carroll to Newcastle deal is off. They don't want to pay more than 12m.

I would expect a first team start for Andy before the transfer window closes, if we're still trying to sell him, that is. I think Shelvey might start against Arsenal as we may not have Adam or Spearing come midnight Friday.

------------Reina-----------

Kelly---Carra--Coates---Robinson

Henderson--Spearing--Adam

Borini--Carroll--Downing

I think he'll start. Pardew has seemingly ruled out any move for Carroll today.

He's playing games

ashley will dispatch the chopper for him, about 5 on friday, he'll go back for about £18m

dont want to turn this in to a will he wont he thread so lets leave it!

just shows we need options up top because we'll be playing most thursdays from now on

So many things going on at the moment with injuries, possible transfers out, registration issues that fuck knows what the line up will be tomorrow. Of all the players I'd like to see rested, Borini, Sterling and Gerrard would be front of the queue.

---------------Reina-----------------

Kelly--Carragher----Agger----Robinson

Henderson------Adam---------Shelvey

Suarez---------Carroll--------Downing

Agger had a rest at the weekend and Carragher deserves another start in this competition. Hopefully Robinson will start again with Enrique just coming back from injury.

I reckon Arsenal will be the kind of team Allen will do well against so it would be nice to have him bang on form for Sunday. Lucas injured, Spearing (fingers crossed) on his way to Bolton leaves us a bit thin in the middle, especially if Adam doesn't play.

Same goes for Carroll but if he doesn't play, I'd put Morgan in there, no worries. Sterling would play 3 games in a week if he starts and with Arsenal early on Sunday, I can't see it happening. Borini looked mentally tired at the weekend, still very young so I'd play Suarez who is well used to playing week in week out.

Arsenal are jellyfish if you get into them so if we give half the effort we showed v City there is a good chance we can beat these cunts.

massive shame Assaidi and Sahin are unavailable as it'd be a good game to bed them in

----------Reina--------

Kelly---Carra--Coates--Robinson

---Shelvey--Allen--Henderson--

Downing----Carroll-------Sterling

subs

Jones

Agger

Flanagan

Suso

Spearing

Borini

Morgan