You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How do you feel about the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as manager?

How do you feel about the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as manager?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as manager?

• I'm very happy, great appointment.
    • I'm reasonably happy and quite excited.
    • I'm reserving judgement, a massive risk by the club.
    • I'm far from happy, there are better qualified managers available.
    • I'm fuming, this guy is a complete novice.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally speaking, I just don't get the shrill histrionics being spouted all over the place. I'm interested in what's going to happen with Rodgers and more than willing to give the man some time. We probably won't have a shedload of cash but imagine, just imagine the sweetness of a league title that wasn't wholly bought retail ala Man City.

Have a bit of faith, or if not trust for a couple of seasons at least.

Guest davelfc

Is what a lot of the fans wanted the owners to do at the end of this season. Strange now you're asking the fans to do what the owners couldn't.

As he's their man, he will get time from them. He will also get support from the fans. I just hope this gamble pays off for us.

Reserving judgement.

Would have preferred Rafa or even AVB, but it doesn't smack of a Hodgson-esque appointment made for non-footballing reasons. I like the cut of his jib and while there's no way that will guarantee to translate into results and performances, I'm cautiously....VERY cautiously, optimistic.

And needless to say, the man has my support until such time when/if he proves he shouldn't.

Personally speaking, I just don't get the shrill histrionics being spouted all over the place. I'm interested in what's going to happen with Rodgers and more than willing to give the man some time. We probably won't have a shedload of cash but imagine, just imagine the sweetness of a league title that wasn't wholly bought retail ala Man City.

Of course I will - just I was prepared to do the same with KD - but will FSG if they don't get their instant gratification?

I think he will be lucky to make it past twelve months though. Cannot see that he will get significant funds (£50m - £60m min) so unless he can make silk purses out of sows ears he is goosed.

Guest davelfc
Cannot believe there are more posts on the "will Rafa move house thread" than this one.

Does this reflect widespread disillusion and resignation?

That thread was started a lot earlier today and of course has the added conflict of a Wirral in Cheshire or Merseyside argument in it.

Cannot believe there are more posts on the "will Rafa move house thread" than this one.

Does this reflect widespread disillusion and resignation?

Well as it's becoming more apparent that how Rodgers was sold to Liverpool supporters might not be what it seems.

I think general lethargy & disillusionment will soon follow.

Guest davelfc
Well as it's becoming more apparent that how Rodgers was sold to Liverpool supporters might not be what it seems.

I think general lethargy & disillusionment will soon follow.

Looks pretty positive at the moment, early days of course he hasn't actually got the job yet.

It could have been a lot worse (the poll) so he's getting off to a decent start with the majority of the fanbase and with the right backing, both cash and staff it could get better.

Said it earlier in the other thread, not hugely happy but definitely don't feel the same sense of dread I did when Hodgson was appointed. So that to me is a positive.

With Hodgson it was only ever going to go one way, 80/90% of people called it.

With this I don't think anyone can say for certain how this will go so all we can do is sit back and see how it pans out.

I guess the harsh truth is that Kenny was never FSG's man, Rodgers is so I assume he'll be granted more patience. We would all have loved to have seen the King lift number 19 but whatever the rights and wrongs are, it wasn't to be. As far as transfer funds go none of us know for sure how much will be pumped in but even if a relatively small amount it could still be spent much more wisely than previously.

We can finally start scouting players with a view to buying them.

We'll hopefully start playing to some possession football.

I think the pressure is off in some respects as nothing is really expected too quickly, ie we expected CL football from Kenny last season. I think we're all football savy enough to know that progress is the main thing this coming season and an improvement on lasts seasons finish will be above all else the main ask.

I have concerns and i know its only early days, but keeping our main players is a must.

I guess the harsh truth is that Kenny was never FSG's man, Rodgers is so I assume he'll be granted more patience. We would all have loved to have seen the King lift number 19 but whatever the rights and wrongs are, it wasn't to be. As far as transfer funds go none of us know for sure how much will be pumped in but even if a relatively small amount it could still be spent much more wisely than previously.

We can finally start scouting players with a view to buying them.

We'll hopefully start playing to some possession football.

I think the pressure is off in some respects as nothing is really expected too quickly, ie we expected CL football from Kenny last season. I think we're all football savy enough to know that progress is the main thing this coming season and an improvement on lasts seasons finish will be above all else the main ask.

I have concerns and i know its only early days, but keeping our main players is a must.

If we show only a slight improvement from last season and finish in fifth place, I doubt that our top players will be keen on going another season without champions league football. We have to show some ambition, you seem to be implying that you will be content if we finish fifth.

Guest davelfc
Dire decision by the Yanks. Mid to bottom of the Prem gone by Christmas. Only good thing to come out of Carnlough is the tide!!!

And the Ballymena Road I assume.

I guess the harsh truth is that Kenny was never FSG's man, .

I really don't buy into this concept. FSG asked Kenny to take over. I appreciate that there was significant pressure from the supporters but they do not now look like the sort of people disposed to giving in to emotional blackmail. They could easily have used KD in a number of other capacities to pour oil on those troubled waters.

I see no evidence to suggest that the new manager will get treated any differently. It is CL or out the door.