You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish: Stewart Downing is better than I thought

Guest LFD

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he has absolutely no confidence.. I never thought he was good enough for us but he was never this bad.. I dont think dropping him is going to improve him.. For Kenny he has spent 20 million on a winger we have been crying out for years but it has failed so far the only way he will improve is to play him week in week out but at the moment we cant afford to carry him plus hes 27/28??

so what do you reckon should be done?

downing is a coward pure and simple he will not take a man on when he can check turn round and kick it back to johnson / enriuqe . he totally shits out of any responsibility.

compare to valencia who up against one of the best left backs in the league had a go every time and won more then his share ., downing is not liverpool standard he seems scared get rid take a loss it was like having ten men he is a non entity as an attacking winger , fuck me the free kick we all waited for straight at the first man i could go on but im using more energy writing this then he did today

I speak as someone that was delighted that we bought him (I feel we should have bought him two or three years ago).

He can't become the scapegoat for that result, but the truth is, it should not pass without comment that his performance was truly spineless.

He froze, and really a payer of his experience and ability should not freeze.

Inside he was clenching his fist with joy when his number went up to be subbed, and that mock-disappointment was toe-curling.

A disgraceful performance.

I speak as someone that was delighted that we bought him (I feel we should have bought him two or three years ago).

He can't become the scapegoat for that result, but the truth is, it should not pass without comment that his performance was truly spineless.

He froze, and really a payer of his experience and ability should not freeze.

Inside he was clenching his fist with joy when his number went up to be subbed, and that mock-disappointment was toe-curling.

A disgraceful performance.

Agreed, was similar at Goodison where he was frightened to death of Tony fucking Hibbert. As soon as Bellamy come on in that game was kicked theirs and Tony Hibberts arse.

Didnt even bother helping Enrique who was up against an on fire Valencia. Thought Enrique did well after a shakey first 10 or so aswell.

He's got to man up and step up NOW. He's had 6 months to settle in and adjust to the big club mentality, he's got a fantastic manager who's backed him to the hilt, now he's got to grab his chance by the fucking balls. He wanted to test himself at a higher level, now he's got fuck all to lose so he may as well just fucking go for it.

That was a terrible performance from him today and whilst he wasn't the only stinker, he is an experienced enough player not to perform as shite and cowardly as that. He's represented his country for fucks sake.

Agreed, was similar at Goodison where he was frightened to death of Tony fucking Hibbert. As soon as Bellamy come on in that game was kicked theirs and Tony Hibberts arse.

Didnt even bother helping Enrique who was up against an on fire Valencia. Thought Enrique did well after a shakey first 10 or so aswell.

Totally agree with this I was at the game today and his performance is possibly the worst from an LFC performance this season. Absolutely bottled it wouldn't ask for a pass and kept on pointing at Enrique to mark two manc's at a time when Valencia is playing well. Gobsmacked from his performance utter shite

I think the fact we started Downing instead of Bellamy today is the reason we didnt get in front in the first half. The mancs were up for grabs and Bellamys abilities rather than Downings lack of made us unable to benefit from their bad first half. Downing made my eyes bleed and I am still wondering why he was let back on for the second half?

Somebody make him leave please!

If I was able to rep, I would rep the fuck right out of this post.

When I was on RAWK, someone said Downing was like a "left footed Beckham", and therefore I thought to myself,

Can't he beat a player?

Doesn't he have any pace?

Can't he tackle?

Can't he head the ball?

I thought to myself, yes, a fairly accurate description.....but then again, Beckham could cross the ball, could pass brilliantly, and was a superb deliverer of dead balls.

I don't blame Downing for wanting to come to Liverpool and play for us, I don't blame him for signing the massive contract that was no doubt offered.

Who I do blame, is our management/scouts for buying such a limited player for such a fee, it's actually embarrassing when you see the wingers that have changed clubs in the last year, and you look at their fees, I probably get negatives all over the show for this, but Dalglish has wasted a monumental amount of money on pure and utter drivel.

I'll tell you how mad the midfield was today, I was urging Dalglish to bring Charlie Adam on, and I don't even remotely rate him!

This summers dealing will make or break Dalglish's tenure here, as I'm sure even the most hard headed fan will accept last year was a bad transfer window, and give him a chance to put things right.

The question is, will FSG give him as much money to spend again?

This is the question ive asked and been thinking about for quite sometime , haven't seen many answers to this question but thats because its a tough question i suppose.

I actually think last summers dealing will make or break Kenny's tenure , i cant see how you can spunk all that money and expect 40/50 mill more in the summer ,i hope im wrong but with all the other shit thats gone it wouldnt suprise me if we start next season with a different manger.

Yeah, today was Downings fault, to make his team mates play that shite was wrong of him. I'm not defending Downing after that performance but he wasn't the only one who was shit, so lets not just single him out. How about criticising another abject, totally gutless, passionless away performance, that was as bad if not worse than Bolton. Who takes the wrap for that? Who takes the wrap for the way we set up in these games, sitting off, lack of pressing, letting them have the ball all day long, inviting pressure.The use of Gerrard? Its all down to Downing.

Nobody blamed today on Downing so wind your neck in. We stank the place out all over the pitch. But Downing deserves special recognition for his services to utter shitness. I'm struggling to remember a more gutless performance from a Liverpool player against man u. Downing can get fucked after today. Useless, gutless, talentless waste of blood and organs.

You can't blame Stuart Downing for wanting to play for Liverpool. However, there is no excuse for the decision that was made to spend £16m(?) on him after years of evidence, in front of our eyes, that he was, at best, average. A fee of £16m should bring someone who can win matches with it. Downing has never been that player.

Having said that, none of us want a Liverpool player to fail. I hope i'm eating my words in a couple of seasons. If he makes it that far.