You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Guest ShoePiss
On SSN now that Evra wants to pursue his allegation of racist abuse against Suarez.

I wonder if utd are simply trusting him on his word here or do they have something concrete they are going to bring up when they meet the FA, they are normally very good when it comes to PR and wouldn't want to be hung out to dry.

On SSN now that Evra wants to pursue his allegation of racist abuse against Suarez.

I wonder if utd are simply trusting him on his word here or do they have something concrete they are going to bring up when they meet the FA, they are normally very good when it comes to PR and wouldn't want to be hung out to dry.

What is the alternative though!

He has no other way of taking this, he has to follow it through.

Guest ShoePiss
What is the alternative though!

He has no other way of taking this, he has to follow it through.

Yeah it could be that, backed into a corner and nowhere to turn. I suppose what Utd would do when there's no proof is hint at it actually happening through their various media sources. They can infer it happened but can't be proven and save face and still have mud stick to Suarez.

I hope we are very aggressive in our response if there's no proof.

In all honesty if there is no proof I expect Evra to get clean away with it and Suarez to be called a racist by Mancs and all other twats in the football universe for years.

There ain't no justice.

And yes, I am still heartily presuming that Luis is innocent until someone proves otherwise.

Guest ShoePiss
In all honesty if there is no proof I expect Evra to get clean away with it and Suarez to be called a racist by Mancs and all other twats in the football universe for years.

There ain't no justice.

Well that's where the club have to back Suarez to the hilt in my opinion, we cannot afford to let it go and have him targeted all over the country.

Yeah it could be that, backed into a corner and nowhere to turn. I suppose what Utd would do when there's no proof is hint at it actually happening through their various media sources. They can infer it happened but can't be proven and save face and still have mud stick to Suarez.

I hope we are very aggressive in our response if there's no proof.

There can be no way of proving this, which is why the PFA will get involved and we will be left with an unproven case.

I think it is important to note that not one United player has been reported to have backed Evra, so Suarez is either incredibly good or innocent. Evra isn't stupid, he can let this go to mediation and walk away, the accusation is still going to be there for Suarez.

You've got to admire Suarez though; avoided detection from cameras, the referee and the other 20 players, done it through his teeth like a fucking ventriloquist in his second language, picked on a United player most people cannot stand instead of the former England captain (the one that was kicking him in the air every 15 minutes).

And people say United planning it is a bit far-fetched!

When you break it down like that, it does kind of make the whole thing look fucking ridiculous doesn't it?

In what sense Robbie? You think he did it?

Obviously not, mate.

You could put your house on it that Sky, on Saturday, had people studying every camera angle from the game trying to find something worthy of evidence. Yet they havent found anything. No witnesses, nothing.

Obviously not, mate.

You could put your house on it that Sky, on Saturday, had people studying every camera angle from the game trying to find something worthy of evidence. Yet they havent found anything. No witnesses, nothing.

Good point. I've taken the attitude that there is no if from the start, but I can see why people want to hedge their bets, it being a sensitive subject.

I doubt he would have survived long playing in Holland if there was even the slightest whiff of that though.

Good point. I've taken the attitude that there is no if from the start, but I can see why people want to hedge their bets, it being a sensitive subject.

I doubt he would have survived long playing in Holland if there was even the slightest whiff of that though.

My point of view exactly. No if.

And I am gobsmacked that a racist who uses the same racist slure 10 times in one match has managed to play for all these years without being caught up and accused before!