You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Community

robbiefowler9

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The thread was started by truefan99 a while back. Season one was really good. Season 2 was little more than okay. The start of season 3 is a bit of both.

• 5 months later...

I got the 1st 2 series from a mate before Christmas. I watched the lot and really enjoyed it.

Third series started back up in the States last night. Only shame is that this is on at the same time as Big Bang Theory. While Community is smart, funny and frequently innovative it only gets about half the viewers of a routinely unfunny sitcom with a laugh track. Community may not even get a 4th season while the lesser comedy is a huge hit.

Jim Rash who plays Dean Pelton won 2012 Oscar for best adapted screenplay as one of the writers of The Descendants.

Parks and Rec gets a lot better over time; the first season does drag somewhat. Community is several shades of awesome. Genius writing.

This is right, Parks and Rec really hit it's stride midway through season 2 and has gone from high point to high point since. Great show.

• 2 weeks later...

I've sort of been watching some of this recently, and it is indeed very very funny in parts and a bit so-so in others. The main reason for bumping this thread really is Alison Brie.

[YOUTUBE]d3hRf7a8_bE[/YOUTUBE]

5299_alison-brie-complex-26.jpg

Oh yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

This must be the first show that I am fully up-to-date with since The West Wing. It does waver in quality but has never been worse than average. When it's brilliant it is absolutely fucking quality. If they manage to top the paintball finale from season 2 in the season 3 finale, it will have been some effort. Chevy Chase isn't all that good in it really despite being the star name, and judging by the fact there has been a lot of aggro between him and the others behind the scenes, he may not be that far removed from his character Pierce. Dean Pelton and his myriad costume changes are a real standout, which is saying something considering I usually find 'flamboyant' characters irritating.

When they want to take the piss out of other shows and movies, they really nail it at times, as they did recently when sending up Glee. One by one the reluctant main characters get almost brainwashed into taking part in a musical show, the best example of which can be seen in the following clip (1:40 in particular).

[YOUTUBE]ebuYMnY289Q[/YOUTUBE]

I think I love Alison Brie. I hadn't even heard of her until a few weeks ago, but she's fit and funny. Her highly suggestive pottery class scene is great, and the outtake is laugh-out-loud funny. You need to turn the volume up on the outtake or you might miss what sets them off.

[YOUTUBE]Vmk3C4sIBws[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]13mDq8i8reA[/YOUTUBE]

She's also in Mad Men which I've never really watched (as of yet). Christina Hendricks has a rival judging by those two.

Alison-Brie-Complex-Magazine-4.jpg

alison-brie-hot-pictures-bb6b9.jpg

She belongs in the Talent Thread really.

• 6 months later...