You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No I'm not.

Well that IS the shit show you just said 52% of the nation "basically" voted for.  The first test of our fortitude and "sovereignty" since brexit and we were on our knees in front of the whole fucking world. The country's values are being weighed and measured for resale and people are not very happy about it.

Well that IS the shit show you just said 52% of the nation "basically" voted for. The first test of our fortitude and "sovereignty" since brexit and we were on our knees in front of the whole fucking world. The country's values are being weighed and measured for resale and people are not very happy about it.

I don't agree with this.

Personally, I din't give a flying fuck for the man, but honestly, Obama gets the Nobel Peace Prize for bombing babies, but already Trump is the enemy of the free world?

As always, Pilger is succinct. The seeds of Fascism have long been sown.

http://johnpilger.com/articles/this-week-the-issue-is-not-trump-it-is-ourselves-

How would they enforce this though? I know this is not a likely scenario but what if an Israeli wanted to travel to Iran from another country?

They don't need to enforce it, because those countries won't let anyone in with an Israeli passport.

It's a bit of a futile gesture anyway, because Israeli citizens were banned from those countries well before Israel imposed its own ban.

The Monday Night Massacre?

Quite a few US diplomats are expressing their opposition by signing letters of protest, an accepted process within the  State Department.

The WH response:

“These career bureaucrats have a problem with it?” he [spicer] said during his daily press briefing. “I think they should either get with the program or they can go.”

I figured this was going to be an interesting four years, but he's exceeding my expectations bigly.

KopOut, on 31 Jan 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

Personally, I din't give a flying fuck for the man, but honestly, Obama gets the Nobel Peace Prize for bombing babies, but already Trump is the enemy of the free world?

As always, Pilger is succinct. The seeds of Fascism have long been sown.

http://johnpilger.com/articles/this-week-the-issue-is-not-trump-it-is-ourselves-

It's an interesting piece, as ever. Unfortunately far too Obama-hating in it's focus - obviously deliberately, but when you omit the historical setting (e.g. the Bushes, Reagan and Clinton administrations) of Obama's actions then it looks far too one-eyed for my reading. Particularly when Pilger then skimps on detail of various claims (as he'd have to in a reasonably concise article).

Also obviously penned two weeks ago, before Trump actually enacted anything. Will be interesting to see Pilger's next piece.

You're missing the point. Given that there are people who want to protest at injustices, the rational thing would be for them to protest against what they believe is the greatest injustice. A selective immigration policy does not compare to what Mugabe is doing to his people. Therefore it must be that there are other motivations for this protest outside of humanity issues. Which clearly are political.

Sorry mate but it's not just here they are protesting it.

It's a legitimate protest and if more did it there and elsewhere instead of watching xfacter and toggling their playstation thumbs perhaps the world's biggest superpowers military would consider winding it's neck in.

• Upvote 1

Not that I agree with it (and I don't) but without sounding disparaging, I think to much is being made of this.

Aren't the bans for 90 days? How many people from these countries are meant to be visiting the US in this time period? I doubt it's the 'millions' being quoted.

It's not like countries banning you from places you've visited or anything.

And the protests here are pathetic. What are the protests like in Yemen & Iraq? Are they gathering in town centres distraught they can't go to Disney World?

Like anybody in Trumps administration gives a fuck. The irony being that 52% of our country wanted stronger immigration & would be happier with we just banned everybody.

Not that I agree with it (and I don't) but without sounding disparaging, I think to much is being made of this.

Aren't the bans for 90 days? How many people from these countries are meant to be visiting the US in this time period? I doubt it's the 'millions' being quoted.

It's not like countries banning you from places you've visited or anything.

And the protests here are pathetic. What are the protests like in Yemen & Iraq? Are they gathering in town centres distraught they can't go to Disney World?

Like anybody in Trumps administration gives a fuck. The irony being that 52% of our country wanted stronger immigration & would be happier with we just banned everybody.

Nah man.

It's the easiest and quickest way that Trump could demonise a group of people. It's already fucked up a load of refugees fleeing war zones most often caused by the yanks themselves.

However it's the deliberate attempt to "other-ise" Muslims and brown people both inside and outside the US that is the worst.

If you were a Muslim, particularly in the US, but also in the U.K. I'm pretty sure you'd feel a lot more unsafe right now.

• Upvote 1