You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck her high horse where did her sense of entitlement come from. Boohoo 2 million quid doesn't get you much. For what it's worth I think the mansion tax is a stupid idea but where's myleenes sense of injustice for the e15 mums or families struggling with the bedroom tax or a whole multitude of working class people from London who are out priced. I would love to pay as much tax as she does for doing so little except look pretty and talk bollocks.

She ain't even pretty.

EDIT: So I'd double her tax.

Bobby Hundreds, on 18 Nov 2014 - 3:56 PM, said:

Fuck her high horse where did her sense of entitlement come from. Boohoo 2 million quid doesn't get you much. For what it's worth I think the mansion tax is a stupid idea but where's myleenes sense of injustice for the e15 mums or families struggling with the bedroom tax or a whole multitude of working class people from London who are out priced. I would love to pay as much tax as she does for doing so little except look pretty and talk bollocks.

Klaas being involved in any political discussion is a joke anyhow. That's precisely what's wrong these days. Bimbo's like her being given a platform to speak in a serious debate.

• Upvote 1

I can't watch political debates on TV any more.  It's very depressing to watch a TV debate from the 70s - in fact, any serious programming from that era - and compare it with its contemporary.  How much more stupid are the populace now?  TV has dumbed down so much, it's almost like the difference between talking to an adult and talking to an 8 year old.

• Upvote 1

Klaas being involved in any political discussion is a joke anyhow. That's precisely what's wrong these days. Bimbo's like her being given a platform to speak in a serious debate.

Spot on. Celebrity, politics and even the military in some cases are all intertwined in some bizarre way.

Klaas and her ilk have got nothing to say that I want to hear. Questiontime is no better now, completely dummed down.

Spot on. Celebrity, politics and even the military in some cases are all intertwined in some bizarre way.

Klaas and her ilk have got nothing to say that I want to hear. Questiontime is no better now, completely dummed down.

Genuinely, what would be your ideal Question Time line-up? A panel to get you to sit up and take notice?

Why is she a bimbo? Because she sang in a shit group and has a pretty face?

She's actually a well-educated, intelligent woman. She has every right to speak out on a topic which would affect her. How many wankers are spouting 'Fuck her, she's only standing up for the rich. Where was she on the bedroom tax issue?' Why is it her responsibility to speak out on bedroom tax? It's like saying 'fuck these selfish bastards going on about bedroom tax. At least they've got a house. They should be speaking out for the homeless who'd love to have the problem of an extra room'.

It pisses me off that if a woman is reasonably attractive and done alright for for herself, she's labelled a 'bint'.

• Upvote 3

Genuinely, what would be your ideal Question Time line-up? A panel to get you to sit up and take notice?

Good question, of the shower of shite available at the moment, I'd say Owen Jones, Ian Hislop, Charles Kennedy, Ken Clarke, and Alan Johnson.

Politics used to be full of passion and intellect, even the Tories, whether you loved or loathed the cunts, had people like Heseltine who at least had an IQ, compare him to turds like Esther McVey, 'Borris' (good old Borris') and Gove, people who are active retards.

She's actually a well-educated, intelligent woman. She has every right to speak out on a topic which would affect her. How many wankers are spouting 'Fuck her, she's only standing up for the rich. Where was she on the bedroom tax issue?' Why is it her responsibility to speak out on bedroom tax? It's like saying 'fuck these selfish bastards going on about bedroom tax. At least they've got a house. They should be speaking out for the homeless who'd love to have the problem of an extra room'.

It pisses me off that if a woman is reasonably attractive and done alright for for herself, she's labelled a 'bint'.

I definitely agree with the premise. But Klass didn't help herself when she claimed, in London, £2m would only get you a garage.

nah, it's not that.  I think the point Tom made is right.  If she is moaning that setting the bar at £2m means there'll be tons of not-super-rich people that will fall foul of the mansion tax, then she's right.  To say that you can't get a decent house for £2m is clearly bollocks, even in London.  Everything is relative though, and 99% of the people watching that programme would love to have the same financial worries as her.

She's a bimbo because she's quite fit, but she should shut the fuck up when it comes to politics because she's a woman. She's in the right line of work for a woman like her, and she should focus on showing just enough of the curve of her tits to get the Daily Mail readership wanking into their Weetabix.

• Upvote 1

The point is that she's far from being a genius and Ed wasn't able to hold his own. The look on his face when she started throwing statistics at him was worrying. Surely a prospective PM should be able to make a reasoned argument for a tax proposal?

The problem I have with the mansion tax is not that some mythical granny is going to lose out but rather it's typical of an opposition leader running his campaign like a cabal at a 6th form public school. Is this really the height of his ambitions?

If we're going to deal with a mansion tax surely a far better method would be implement a long overdue re-evaluation of long outdated council tax banding's? This would generate substantial sums for local government if properly redistributed. All major parties apparently claim to want a less centralised political structure, it would allow local councils to properly implement their responsibilities rather than rely on central government funding.

If Ed is interested in property taxation, how about a full and wide-ranging land tax if we want the richest to really pay? We could substantially reduce the tax burden on low and middle income earners.

Still waiting for the leader of the labour party to bring in a living wage as well.

• Upvote 1

The point is that she's far from being a genius and Ed wasn't able to hold his own. The look on his face when she started throwing statistics at him was worrying. Surely a prospective PM should be able to make a reasoned argument for a tax proposal?

I actually think the problem was not that he didn't know his onions, he just didn't know how to deal with her. He could have been as dismissive as fuck - especially with her £2m only gets you a garage these days - but he was indecisive as fuck and ended up looking like a shrinking violet.

They get briefed usually on what they're going to get asked but I wouldn't be surprised if he was totally ambushed as part of the continued efforts to make him look even more wet, the same would happen with most modern politicans, Clegg didn't know what the state pension was. If you got Cameron on a panel show and asked him about virtually anything other than what he's been briefed on ten minutes earlier or Angry Birds, he'd probably be found wanting.

[

Actually fair enough you are right. She has every right to her opinion on something that will effect her. It seems so out of touch with what's happening all around her though that it's galling to hear. Let's be honest she has made her money because she was attractive enough to get in a pop group on a shit TV show, they didn't give a fuck about her piano playing, she then got jobs after showering in a jungle and the papers went bananas over it. She is a talented and educated woman I don't think either have played much of a part in her current fame or wealth. It's not some sexist diatribe aimed at belittling a woman because plenty of us have had countless amount of pops at blokes too.

Homelessness has always been an issue, born of a multitude of different reasons, stemming from financial problems, family trouble, to addiction to all kinds of things and it should be addressed as best as possible, there is no one solution to it and one policy never created it, everybody feels a level of guilt when it comes to homelessness but a lot of homelessness is about fixing people. The bedroom tax was just decided by people that would never be in the position to feel the force of it and in one fell swoop fucked over thousands and it can be reversed just as easily it's something we can change almost immediately.

I don't pay bedroom tax, I earn a lot more than the minimum wage, not one single tory decision has effected me personally financially but don't most decent people see others suffering and say this isn't right, it's wrong. I'd happily pay more tax for a fairer society, myleene even though she Is very wealthy and would still be very wealthy with options galore, wouldn't. I don't feel I have to respect her no more than I feel I have to respect iain Duncan's smiths views on the world because he makes decisions and arguements that improve his world at someone else's cost.

Christ I don't even agree with the mansion tax. I'd have a huge second property or land tax. I'd make the council tax rates in the super wealthy areas of London astonomical like most other capital city's, make the poorer areas pay less. If we have to have such huge inequality then obvously the tax burden has to be the same or we can pay people like TV presenters a lot less and the camera men a bit more and people like myleene might not have as much money as she does now but she won't feel hard done by because she feels she is putting more in than she gets back.

Jesus Christ iOS 8 has totally fucked my iPad.

• Upvote 2

Sorry if I came across all whoremoanal feminist, I only read snippets of what was said in the paper so I can't agree or disagree in any depth, apart from to say that I believe we should be taxed solely on our incomes and not fixed assets (until they're sold), whether that be a mansion, a bedroom or a potted plant. I disagree with the mansion tax because I feel it's unfair, but it certainly doesn't evoke the same anger in me as the bedroom tax.

It just shocks me that people react so incredulously that a woman with a pretty face could actually hold her own valid opinion against a man. Obviously the first reaction of the mysoginists is to call her a bint.

I think it's the first reaction of the GF to insult everybody man or woman. Bob geldof has raised hundreds of millions for those in need, his wife cheated on him on live TV almost in front of the whole country, then she died from drugs and he raised his kids alone aswell as the child she had with the man who she cheated on him with, then his young daughter died of a drugs overdose almost mimicking the death of her own mother and leaving a young child of her own without a mother. After all this he's still trying to create awareness and money for a good cause and we are all agreed he's a twat.

• Upvote 1

The problem is, they didn't come up with the policy themselves, it's just something they nicked off the Lib Dems, so they're not really au fait with the implications of it.

This is the problem when your politics is pick and mix rather than having any coherent underpinning ideology.

The problem is, they didn't come up with the policy themselves, it's just something they nicked off the Lib Dems, so they're not really au fait with the implications of it.

This is the problem when your politics is pick and mix rather than having any coherent underpinning ideology.

Sad but true, even the term is deceptive and, like everything, designed to be an easily digestible nugget.

The thing is, I don't think there's any great desire to see the rich 'suffer', that's how many on the left are often misrepresented, they just want fairness. Everyone should pay their way, and it's unjust that the ruling class and media put such energy into demonizing small scale benefit fraudsters or the 'work shy', when we live in a country where businesses, families and lives have been destroyed by people who manipulated interest rates during their lunch hour while having an email conversation about the weather.

• Upvote 1