You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Today's Football

goatboy59

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think Barca have been very lucky to get through over the 2 games. Even though they are the best team in the world and a far superior team to Arsenal.

That Van Persie decision was the turner for me.

Certainly proves the theory that you can have all the possession in the world, but it's goals count.

They just put up the stats....Zero shots by Arsenal.

Hardly the turner, Barcelona were going to win anyway. Wish he hadn't been sent off though as they'll just moan and moan about it.

They just put up the stats....Zero shots by Arsenal.

Hardly the turner, Barcelona were going to win anyway. Wish he hadn't been sent off though as they'll just moan and moan about it.

Stats mean fuck all mate. Simple fact is it was 1-1 and Arsenal were going through when Van Persie was stupidly sent off.

Just pointing out that like in the first game at the Emirates, Barca were far the superior side, but it's goals that count.

Stats mean fuck all mate. Simple fact is it was 1-1 and Arsenal were going through when Van Persie was stupidly sent off.

Just pointing out that like in the first game at the Emirates, Barca were far the superior side, but it's goals that count.

It was only a turning point in Arsenal's mind. He offered them jack shit while he was on the field. No different without him. Except in Arsenal's mentality. That's why Arsenal always fall short. Their mentality.

The last two handballs were definitely pens at Stamford Bridge, as you're not meant to have your hands up in the box. The first two are debatable.

Every team gets 50/50s at home, that's normal because of the crowd pressure on the referee but The Mancs and Barca are the only clubs that regularly get game changing decisions in their favour when they're struggling against someone. They've constantly had dodgy decisions in their favour over the last 3 seasons in the champions league when they're struggling, like the Van Persie red card, Motta red card and the Stamford Bridge penalties.

I don't like doing it but I might be forced to start calling you Jose if you bang the ref in Barcelona's camp drum much more!

Seriously though, would van Persie have had a dig on his right foot like that if he hadn't heard the whistle? Would he bollocks. The "there is loads of fans" shite he came out with was just that, shite.

The last two handballs were definitely pens at Stamford Bridge, as you're not meant to have your hands up in the box. The first two are debatable.

Every team gets 50/50s at home, that's normal because of the crowd pressure on the referee but The Mancs and Barca are the only clubs that regularly get game changing decisions in their favour when they're struggling against someone. They've constantly had dodgy decisions in their favour over the last 3 seasons in the champions league when they're struggling, like the Van Persie red card, Motta red card and the Stamford Bridge penalties.

Fuckin hell, you miss the stonewall pen on Messi in the first half then.

Did Arsenal even have one shot on target.

It was only a turning point in Arsenal's mind. He offered them jack shit while he was on the field. No different without him. Except in Arsenal's mentality. That's why Arsenal always fall short. Their mentality.

Massive difference having an extra body on the pitch. Especially a striker as well.

Agree about Arsenal being bottling cunts and their mentality though. All stems from their siege mentality created from their manager.

Guest barralad
Wenger went mad at the end , pulled off his sleeping bag with a hole in the top - posing as a puffa jacket and went camping.

Nothing wrong with Wengers coat.I am looking to buy one for myself and my family,and my next door neighbour.Quality attire.

I don't like doing it but I might be forced to start calling you Jose if you bang the ref in Barcelona's camp drum much more!

Seriously though, would van Persie have had a dig on his right foot like that if he hadn't heard the whistle? Would he bollocks. The "there is loads of fans" shite he came out with was just that, shite.

Surely that's going a bit too far!?

On Van Persie, Is he not two footed? I always got the impression he was pretty comfortable on both feet, like Villa. Maybe I'm wrong, as I haven't seen him play a lot as he's hardly ever fit!

Surely that's going a bit too far!?

Haha!

On Van Persie, Is he not two footed? I always got the impression he was pretty comfortable on both feet, like Villa. Maybe I'm wrong, as I haven't seen him play a lot as he's hardly ever fit!

He can use his right foot but I think he's far from two footed. It's more the quickness of the shot that made me think he heard it and was just doing a bit of time wasting.

Soft red? Yeah. Wrong decision? Absolutely not.