You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson accepts fans anger

marcus50bucks

Very good, very good. I'm 31 by the way. ha ha, if I went into school now then I'd get arrested ha ha ha.

Ha. Oh! Because you make it sound like I'm a young idiot?

Very, very good. Top notch, have you got an agent? I can recommend someone I know, he's worked with Phil Cool, he could get you connected.

31? You do act like a 13 year hormonal teen girl who can't deal with the fact that her favourite boy band have split up though.

Oh back to your previous post, are you accusing re mods on here of making you look stupid?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a lying fucker, a sneaky bastard liar.

Didn't mention the fans? Oh really? Despite the video interview of you mentioning the fans, nay, slating our ability to get behind our team, you still want to maintain that you didn't mention the fans?

"We've had to live with that for quite a long time now as ever since I came here the famous Anfield support has not really been there."What are we supposed to be cheering? How you've turned Torres into Heskey? How you've turned Meireles into a left winger? How you've decimated confidence and continue to do so with your wanky press conferences?

"You have seen these players before. They are just not playing like they have done in the past so I think it is time for the fans to really help as well.

It is not for lack of trying that we are not winning matches. Maybe we are lacking quality and lacking confidence - the negativity doesn't help. The players are not getting on the ball for fear of making mistakes."

So the players are giving 100% effort, but they aren't performing like they have before? Does that not suggest that you are a bit of a shit manager? That Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson, Raul Meireles, Dirk Kuyt are giving 100% for you and yet you still lose 1-0 at home to Wolves?

You cannot go abusing people left, right and centre and then come out and say it was all a misunderstanding, you've done this a few times now. Why are we misunderstanding you Roy? Do you suggest that we don't speak English? Are you having a hard time with the English language? Which one of us is getting this wrong?

Here's a straightforward English phrase you should understand... FUCK OFF.

Do you understand that one Roy? Don't misunderstand me, it's not a mistake, I DO mean to insult you, it IS what it seems, I want you to pack your bags and fuck off out of the city and to never return, not even to visit.

You are one moronic gobshite. Hodgson was right to moan about lippy little cunts like you who have been giving him untold abuse ever since you started posting on here. Shut the fuck up- or better still fuck off and find another site.

Exactly, it hasn't worked out, but people don't need to be such utter dicks about it. He's made some daft comments, but I genuinely think he's a bit daft rather than deliberately offensive. He's landed the biggest job of his career, it's not working out for him, people are cheering Liverpool players off the pitch and calling the manager a "cunt". He's hardly enjoying himself either.

I don't know about anyone else but I think the way people are dealing with it is a disgrace, especially given that he'll be out of here before next season at the very latest.

Hey Roy, sorry if you took my comments the wrong way. I would never insult you meaningfully, so any misunderstanding was simply that.

I never mentioned 'FUCK OFF' in my post, I said something and the mods just took part of it and made something of it.

You really are a spacker.

what an absolute piece of bullshit apology

"All I can do is apologise if I've offended anyone and make it perfectly clear there was nothing offensive in my comments. "

How the fuck can you decide whether your comments were offensive? They were offensive.

If you've offended anyone? You have, unequivocally. Your statement intimates that you don't really see anything wrong with what you said.

You didnt even say "im sorry" anywhere in your statement.

Blatantly a statement made under FSG's orders.

You are one moronic gobshite. Hodgson was right to moan about lippy little cunts like you who have been giving him untold abuse ever since you started posting on here. Shut the fuck up- or better still fuck off and find another site.

Why don't you hand in your Liverpool shirt and just get a t-shirt printed with Roy's face on it? Because it's that black and white, pick a side.

You've shown an outstanding level of ignorance, that is some skill you have, what a catch you are.

what an absolute piece of bullshit apology

"All I can do is apologise if I've offended anyone and make it perfectly clear there was nothing offensive in my comments. "

How the fuck can you decide whether your comments were offensive? They were offensive.

If you've offended anyone? You have, unequivocally. Your statement intimates that you don't really see anything wrong with what you said.

You didnt even say "im sorry" anywhere in your statement.

Blatantly a statement made under FSG's orders.

He's in full-on victim mode.

Anyone who supports Hodgson is an enemy of this club. It's THAT simple now. He doesn't even like us, that's plain to see.

FSV have to tread very carefully now by taking sides in this. Fan polls are unanimous in their stance, Hodgson must go now, before we actually duck into the bottom three.

There's a difference between supporting him as manager of the club (which very few are still doing) and showing a man basic human decency not to call him names, insult him at every possible opportunity and kick him while he's down and on his way out. That's poor form IMO.

Guest San Don

Blah, blah, blah fucking blah.

Its a grovelling apology he's been told to make to the fans if he has any semblance of saving his job. Like he had to be told to respond to ferguson when he slandered Torres.

It wont wash. I usually feel sorry for people in this position but I strangely dont with hodgson. He's fucking inept and shows it more and more every game.

NESV \ FSG need to grow a pair.

Don't you tell me which side I have to pick, or even what those sides are, you gormless turd. I've been supporting Liverpool since before you were in nappies (I'm assuming you still require them).

Idiots like you are a blight on this club.

Think you need a chill-pill. Just read what the lad has said and he's spot on. Hodgson is a liar, a coward and more importantly, shit as his job.

Why have you decided to rant and rave and throw insults about at somebody wanting whats best for the club, whilst ignoring the idiot running us into the ground? Are you Hodgson's nephew?

There's a difference between supporting him as manager of the club (which very few are still doing) and showing a man basic human decency not to call him names, insult him at every possible opportunity and kick him while he's down and on his way out. That's poor form IMO.

Two months ago I would, and did, agree with that.

I don't know how to gracefully accept being 3 points off the relegation zone in January.

If there was a peaceful way of removing him then I'd do that, but there isn't, it seems that we have to jump around and shout to get people to even notice that there is a real problem here. A problem that is not just about having fuck all points, but a problem whereby we are going to lose our top players very, very soon because we are a club travelling in the wrong direction very quickly.

And yet Hodgson doesn't seem to give much of a fuck. "I'll try my best", "we must improve"...that doesn't cut it at this level Roy.

His comments have been disrespectful from day one, his spat with Benitez, his comments about Dalglish not being right for the job as manager, his comments about 'the silly internet people', about the ownership protests not helping him, and his comments the other day about the fans not being supporters. Fuck no, not on. Spaced out over 5 years, still not on. But all that condensed into 6 months is amazingly bad form for a manager, any manager at any level.

We're now at a tipping point, it's January tomorrow and the transfer window opens. That doesn't just relate to us in terms of buying people, it means it's open season on our top players, it also means that it's a chance for the clubs around us to strengthen. It's not right that Hodgson gets another chance to bring in players, not now, not when this window is SO important in the circumstances. Having brought in the players he did in the Summer, it's suicide to put our trust in Hodgson to use this window to get us out of the shit.

For me, we're going to come very very close to relegation at this rate. Very close. The teams around us are poor, but we're playing as badly as any of them at times and we've yet to have a proper injury to Torres. That's the worrying thing. Aside from Carragher and now Gerrard having had short to medium-term lay-offs, we've been pretty lucky with injuries compared to last season. We only need another spell like that and we're going to crumble without a tactical plan to protect us.

No, they're just simply people with a different opinion to others.

Ok, strong wording, but my view is that there is no positives to be taken from any of Hodgson's tenure.

Actually there's one, players should never have a say in a managerial appointment.

There is no IQ test for football supporters, as there is also no IQ test for voters. But we all see what happened at the general election. People may well have different opinions, but someone has to be wrong.

Two months ago I would, and did, agree with that.

I don't know how to gracefully accept being 3 points off the relegation zone in January.

If there was a peaceful way of removing him then I'd do that, but there isn't, it seems that we have to jump around and shout to get people to even notice that there is a real problem here. A problem that is not just about having fuck all points, but a problem whereby we are going to lose our top players very, very soon because we are a club travelling in the wrong direction very quickly.

And yet Hodgson doesn't seem to give much of a fuck. "I'll try my best", "we must improve"...that doesn't cut it at this level Roy.

His comments have been disrespectful from day one, his spat with Benitez, his comments about Dalglish not being right for the job as manager, his comments about 'the silly internet people', about the ownership protests not helping him, and his comments the other day about the fans not being supporters. Fuck no, not on. Spaced out over 5 years, still not on. But all that condensed into 6 months is amazingly bad form for a manager, any manager at any level.

We're now at a tipping point, it's January tomorrow and the transfer window opens. That doesn't just relate to us in terms of buying people, it means it's open season on our top players, it also means that it's a chance for the clubs around us to strengthen. It's not right that Hodgson gets another chance to bring in players, not now, not when this window is SO important in the circumstances. Having brought in the players he did in the Summer, it's suicide to put our trust in Hodgson to use this window to get us out of the shit.

For me, we're going to come very very close to relegation at this rate. Very close. The teams around us are poor, but we're playing as badly as any of them at times and we've yet to have a proper injury to Torres. That's the worrying thing. Aside from Carragher and now Gerrard having had short to medium-term lay-offs, we've been pretty lucky with injuries compared to last season. We only need another spell like that and we're going to crumble without a tactical plan to protect us.

Great post.

Sure you have your reasons for all the other nonsense, but that hits every spot.

Great post.

Sure you have your reasons for all the other nonsense, but that hits every spot.

Goats, (may I call you Goats?), my other nonsense is supposed to be funny on the whole. Or serious in other parts, like the post above.

If people give me shit then I'm not going to shy away for fear of getting banned, far too much dick-swinging from posters with four figures, not having it.

:telloff:

This is an article/blog post from a poster called Briankettle on This Is Anfield. I hope he doesn't mind me reporducing it here with a link, as it makes some interesting points.

Entitlement – the reason Hodgson won’t change or quit – This Is Anfield (Liverpool FC)

Entitlement – the reason Hodgson won’t change or quit

Stubborn Roy is a huge fan of himself and proud to tell us all how wonderful his actually very mediocre track record is.

Written by briankettle on December 31st, 2010

Roy Hodgson is an intelligent man. He went to grammar school, speaks several languages, has a rich vocabulary and commanding turn of phrase and – as he often reminds us – 35 years of experience in football management.

So why is this intelligent man behaving the way he is, and has been throughout his tormented reign as Liverpool manager – failing to acknowledge his deficiencies, blaming the club’s problems on anyone he can find, stubbornly insisting that he’s doing his best and acting with incredulity when others suggest it’s not good enough?

The answer is entitlement. He thinks he’s owed it. He believes that the Liverpool job is the crowning glory of a storied career and that not only can his fabled methods not be questioned, but they should be allowed limitless time to flourish.

And the problem – of course – is that the fabled career he’s thinking of is one that’s been faithfully and fancifully reported by his friends in the press, fuelled by his own imagination and hubris, and yet not borne out by his actual record and certainly not by his time at Anfield.

We’ve already heard him retell his palm-fronded arrival at the club last summer:

“someone who had been brought in with the pomp and circumstance, and the money it took them to release me from my previous contract, and being feted as one of England’s best managers”

Except of course he was grudgingly welcomed at best, by a group of supporters willing to give him a chance but knowing he was no Benitez, Mourinho or Wenger.

And since then he’s upgraded himself from Emperor to Deity:

“having defied people they have started to crucify me”

Perhaps most famously, he took great umbrage at his management style being questioned, betraying both his ego and the journeyman nature of his career in his response:

“What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmstad to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team. So I find the question insulting. To suggest that, because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work, is very hard to believe.”

Little wonder, then, that while he still maintains that he will not change the methods that worked so “well” at Fulham and that he “can’t work better” than he is, he still quite regally brushes off the complaints of people who think that 12th place, Route One football and a team and support close to revolt is unacceptable. This despite taking charge of a squad that got his predecessor sacked for coming seventh and spending half the money he was given to improve it on Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen. People without those 35 years experience just don’t understand:

“Fans are waiting for a man with a magic wand that can turn all of the ills that everyone has seen into something different. Those of us who work in the game and have been working in the game a long time know that magic wand doesn’t exist.”

But this isn’t new in Hodgson. This isn’t just the Liverpool job swelling his head and clouding his thinking. Here he is, interviewed by the Independent back in 2002:

“Of course, my track record, if people bothered to study it, would put me in the same category as [sir Alex] Ferguson enjoys today, but people don’t talk about what I’ve done outside England. Here, they just talk about Blackburn Rovers, but that’s just a very small part of a 26-year career. To most English journalists it’s the only part. I’ve got an excellent track record in Sweden, Switzerland, Italy and in Denmark, where FC Copenhagen was my last job before I went to Udinese. We won the league there by seven points.”

Sound familiar? There’s more that he’s recycled since:

“You can be touted for future glories, then maybe a manager’s fortunes change and the whole attitude towards him changes. Of course, it’s wrong. If you’ve got the ability to be a good manager one minute, then unless people’s judgements are totally wrong, that ability doesn’t just disappear a few months later.”

But here’s the killer – the real clue to the entitlement that festered and festered, that was brought to the peak by a Manager of the Year award that to the rest of us was clearly an Underdog award or for Lifetime Achievement, but for Hodgson was pomp, circumstance and deification. Here he is discussing the England job, given to Sven-Goran Eriksson:

“I was sure he’d do a good job, as has been proven the case. But if you’ve been a candidate for the job, and you’d be happy to take it and somebody else gets it, then obviously any feelings you have for them are going to be mitigated by the fact that you wish it had been you. It [not being selected] didn’t bother me. I didn’t put myself up as a candidate. I was just pleased to hear that I was being considered. That was an honour in itself. It would have been an even greater honour if they’d said, ‘You’re the man’. But I understood that I was in competition with some other very strong candidates, names like Sven, [Terry] Venables, [Arsène] Wenger, all the top people in the game and you can’t always expect to come out on top. I’m pleased they went for a good man and that it’s working out because I would have been disappointed if they’d passed me over and given it to someone who wasn’t very good and the team had done badly.”

Manager of Liverpool is a late substitute for the career-capping job so far cruelly denied him. He should have had it then, and before, and since.

For it was always predicted that he would. Back in the pre-Sky era, when “continental football” got little press coverage, no TV coverage and YouTube was unimagined, Hodgson was always portrayed by his journalist friends as the dark horse for the England job. The well-kept secret of a brilliant English manager succeeding overseas.

No matter that his success was with small nations and small clubs in poor leagues, and that his one attempt at a big job (with Internazionale) was short-lived and ignominious – it was a great story, and one that fed on itself. He was brilliant – grammar school, five languages, league titles in Sweden – and he would one day land the biggest job of all for an English manager.

So when he lucked into one of the biggest jobs in club football – hired by men who don’t understand the game, just looking for someone who wouldn’t agitate and generate bad press like the last one – he took his house-of-cards history and bulletproof ego with him.

He can’t be wrong. It’s the players’ fault, Benitez’s fault, the owners’ fault, the fans’ fault.

The hoof-ball style of play, lack of width, unwillingness to press, disenchanted team, disenfranchised fans, woeful league position, future deteriorating every day he stays in the job – no one should mind him disclaiming responsibility and demanding patience.

He’s entitled.

This is an article/blog post from a poster called Briankettle on This Is Anfield. I hope he doesn't mind me reporducing it here with a link, as it makes some interesting points.

Entitlement – the reason Hodgson won’t change or quit – This Is Anfield (Liverpool FC)

He's not only a poster on a website he's an ex-Liverpool player...:|