You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prematch article - Everton

bluey

1 .... I know its still only early into the new season at the moment, but what are your feelings on your new manager, will he pull it round.

Would you have preferred somebody different or would you have been happy to stick with Rafa.?

I personally wanted Rafa to stay, but for the good of the club it was probably best that he went. I wanted Kenny rather than Hodgson. I'm not confident Hodgson will pull it round, but it's wrong not to give him the chance, perticularly if new owners were to make money available to him.

2 .... Can you put forward any reasons why Torres seems to have gone from a top classs striker to a very average one. Is he playing to get a transfer, or is he still struggling with a bit of a niggling injury. ?

The system the manager is trying to implement is ill-suited to Torres. Yet despite this he still has one goal and four assists. I think he's playing professionally, but the passion seems to have gone, and I worry he'll be gone by next summer at the latest.

3 .... If you could swap any two players from the EFC squad to replace two of yours, who would you choose and who would they replace. ?

Rodwell for Poulsen. Arteta for Babel.

4 .... I've not heard anything about the new ground in the Stanley Park recently, is it still in the melting pot or has it been scrapped altogether, and whats your feelings on a groundshare. ?

No to groundshare. Not ever. I'd prefer to redevelop Anfield if possible.

5 .... Neither side has started very well this season but I'm fairly sure that both are likely to recover, have you had any thoughts about what position you might finish. ?

If Hodgson changes his tactics - between 5th and 7th. If he doesn't then 8th to bottom half.

6 .... And finally, How will the game go and what do think the result will be. ?

If we set up sitting deep in a defensive formation the way we have so far, Felliaini and Cahill will fill their boots from balls into the box. 3-1 to Everton.

1 .... I know its still only early into the new season at the moment, but what are your feelings on your new manager, will he pull it round.

Would you have preferred somebody different or would you have been happy to stick with Rafa. ?

No. He's tactically inept and very shite. He's not good enough for the Premier League. Way out of his depth, and doesn't inspire confidence at all. He can't get us playing any sort of football, he can't take risks and plays everyone out of position. I thought Rafa had a great time with us, but after our league position it was the right decision. I wanted someone with new ideas and who could have us playing good football, or Kenny.

2 .... Can you put forward any reasons why Torres seems to have gone from a top classs striker to a very average one. Is he playing to get a transfer, or is he still struggling with a bit of a niggling injury. ?

If he wanted a transfer, he would be gone by now. No doubt about it. He's having a rough time now but I've every confidence he can bounce back under the right circumstances. As to why, I wouldn't pick him out for criticism because the whole team is just a shambles, and it's very difficult to put in a good performance given the current situation.

3 .... If you could swap any two players from the EFC squad to replace two of yours, who would you choose and who would they replace. ?

Jovanovic for Arteta, Skrtel for Jagielka.

4 .... I've not heard anything about the new ground in the Stanley Park recently, is it still in the melting pot or has it been scrapped altogether, and whats your feelings on a groundshare. ?

No thank you.

5 .... Neither side has started very well this season but I'm fairly sure that both are likely to recover, have you had any thoughts about what position you might finish. ?

If we get points docked and continue down this path, relegation is a real possibility.

6 .... And finally, How will the game go and what do think the result will be. ?

3-0 to you. Cahill, Cahill, Fellaini.

Would you have preferred somebody different or would you have been happy to stick with Rafa. ?

Early indications are that Hodgson is somewhat out of his depth. No-one ever accused us of playing beautiful football under Benitez, but we were at least well organised. It's difficult to see what Roy's game plan is, but his dealings with the press seem to show a mentality of a club a lot smaller than Liverpool. I think he'll struggle to win the fans over and I can't say I'm optimistic about him turning the results round.

I think Torres is probably just very frustrated at the moment. He's been carrying injuries for the best part of the last year and when he comes back in, he finds that the team is no longer playing to his strengths and he's struggling for form as well. I think he was also promised a lot of movement in the club off the pitch as well which is just happening now, so maybe we'll see a change in his attitude.

Looking at Everton's squad, they have some really great players. I'd take Arteta, Baines, Pienaar, Rodwell, or Jagielka no probs as I reckon they'd really improve our squad. As for which of them we need the most, I think I'd go for Jagielka and Baines mainly because our defence is a total shambles at the moment. Cahill's a good player, I just can't stand him.

As far as I'm aware, we're still able to build on Stanley Park so given the track record of the new owners (assuming the takeover goes through), I'd imagine that we still will, or possibly Anfield will be redeveloped. I just can't see a groundshare working, or any justification for it.

I worry about where we will finish. I think midtable is looking optimistic. I wouldn't be suprised if we finished 14th, 15th, or maybe even lower.

I can't see Liverpool winning. The players will be well up for it and I'm sure it will be the usual "fiesty" encounter. I reckon at least 8 yellows, probably at least one sending off, probably Phil Neville if tradition is anything to go by, at least one stretchering off and Everton will probably win 1 or 2 nil. At least one of them will be a Cahill header.

When first appointed I thought it had mid table written all over it. Then he signed Joe Cole and Torres & Gerrard stayed so i started thinking top 4. Now I'm back to thinking that it's got mid table written all over it.

He's not an average player, Felliani is an average player. He's just a bit of a stroppy git, he'll come good when fully fit.

Jagielka for Skrtel and Arteta for Lucas

would rather birch my ballbag

Still hoping for 4th but it's looking more likely 9th

1-1

May good luck shine on you and your team for the rest of the season.

I mean after our game of course.

It's frightening to think that Baines, Jagielka, Arteta, Rodwell, Cahill and Pienaar would all improve our first XI, never mind squad.

True, but I personally wouldn't have them all in the starting 11 right now.

Baines , Arteta and Pienaar on the left would start, with Rodwell slowly introduced and Jagielka getting in eventually to partner Agger when his form arrives and Carraghers days are completely over.

Don't have high hopes really. I wanted Pelligrini. Rafa's time was up - owners or no owners, his brand of football towards the end was mindnumbing (not dissimilar to Roys it seems)

Agree with other comments, he certainly is playing for a transfer - he's playing shite, but he doesn't look very happy either

Same as most people really - Baines and Rodwell for Konchesky and Poulsen or Lucas

I wanted the new Stadium, but its clear we can't afford it. Even if we go to the Arsenal model we can't afford too, the Anfield site simply isn't worth the same as the land prices that Highbury earned Arsenal in London. I'm not keen on Groundshare, but if the Stadium was right for both clubs financially then maybe - but I can't see Everton being able to afford it either.

Midtable with Hodgson unless something amazing happens, a new manager might propel us into the european places

I think we'll scrape a win and paper over all the cracks.

Roy has walked into a warzone and has made a lot of mistakes early on but unless we continue to sink as the season goes on then he deserves to get the season to try and improve things. If he learns from early mistakes then hopefully results and performances will improve. It was definitely the right time to part company with Rafa Benitez in my opinion even if the Hodgson appointment doesn't work out.

Culmination of things I suspect, no pre-season, possible burn-out, tactics and unsettled due to the ownership/financial situation at the club.

Jagielka for Skrtel and Arteta for Jovanovic, Lucas, Poulsen. All three of them for Arteta.

I was dead set against it a few years ago but with the predicament of both clubs I am as lukewarm to it now as I ever was and probably ever will be. It still wouldn't be ideal and I like the idea of possible redevelopment of Anfield but that could cause a lot of problems with tickets and lost revenue maybe.

I was fairly confident of a top 4 finish at the start of the season. I still wouldn't totally rule it out as it is a poor league with no team looking overly strong, even Arsenal have already lost twice but we need to wake up from our slumber and certain players need to start performing. As well as the new manager to be fair.

If we set up in a positive formation, like no Lucas or Poulsen in the starting 11 then we can win but I worry about Everton exploiting our weaknesses at the back especially from crosses so I will go for a score draw 1-1 or 2-2.

He's shit. He won't pull it around, I can't see any room for improvement from him, he can't get any better and he's negative as fuck. Wouldn't bring Rafa back, need a fresh start all round regarding owners and managers.

Roy Hodgson. How would playing shit get him a transfer?

Baines and Arteta for Konchesky and Poulsen

Groundshare can get to fuck.

Below 10 if Hodgson lasts until May, top 4 if Kenny comes in.

2-0 to your lot unfortunately, if the Yanks have gone and there's an atmosphere from the away end I reckon we'll do you.

I think he looks cool sitting in the dugout for 79mins scratching his head thinking what went wrong. No he will not pull it around. I prefer Rafa but i agreed it's time for him to go and a fresh start for liverpool

Injury, Roy Hodgson, Fail promise.

2 BIG CB & 1 BIG targetman (Aerial dominance pls if you have)

No to groundshare, either refurbishment of Anfield or new ground

Mid table with/without Roy

I think we will be defensive again. I think the score will be 2-1(Everton win)

Personally I hoped Benitez would have another season, but that wasn't to be. Didn't have Hodgson in my thoughts originally and I don't know if he'll be able to turn things round, whether he gets the time.........

He hasn't had a complete closed season off in 3 years, he's usually on his own and he gets the shit kicked out of him in many games. He's had, and continues to have injuries and looks as though he's disillusioned with life at present. But don't leave him unmarked on Sunday!

Cahill for Babel, Baines for Konchesky.

Apparently theres a spade in the ground and it's cost us £40M. No to a groundshare.

We have the players to finish in the European places.

It'll probably be the usual tense shite and it wouldn't surprise me if it ended 0-0.

As you can see from the username i support the team from across the park lads, but I'm not here to wind anybody up.

I'm doing a prematch article for a matchday thread on our forum, I would appreciate it if you could spare a few moments of your time to answer a couple of questions please.

I will post a link to the thread on Toffeetalk once its up and running, and thanks again in advance for any replies.

I had most of this sorted before the takeover news broke so after reading the forum i dont have to ask what you think about it, so i wont mention it.:smile:

Thanks to Mods and Admin for allowing me to post it. Here we go

RH does not have a clue..... Kenny was the obvious choice... Maybe it was time for Rafa to go, but it was a case of "be careful what you wish for" and it came back and bit us in the ass.

A little of both...

Injuries has taken some of his pace away for the time being, he is depressed by not playing for a time that is good enough to compete having been lied to over and over and the manager does not have any idea of how to use him. (Probably would have swapped him for Zamora given the chance)

Rodwell/Arteta - Lucas/Poulsen....

No way jose - never an option!!

Change RH with Kenny - top 4

Stick with RH until christmas somwhere between relegation and mid-table.....

Both outcomes not taking an eventual 9 point deduction into account....

Could go either way this one - (2-1)(1-1)(2-2)(1-2)

But I am pretty sure you lot will score first and we'll not see anything from Liverpool until we are a goal or two down... You'll have more possession than you have ever had against us, so enjoy, it'll not happen again for a long time... (As RH will be gone by the next time we play you)

May good luck shine on you and your team for the rest of the season.

I mean after our game of course.

Thanks again.

Bill.

Would have preffered Pellegrini. lets see how next few months pan out, he has got until Xmas to convince me he is the right man, if not get a change in before it's too late.

Not match fit, not getting enough service and it looks like his mind is elsewhere. I think if we had decent cover it might spur him on to play better but a 75% fit Torres is going to start over Ngog any day.

Give us Arteta and Jagielka for Skrtel and Poulson. taa.

No chance. hope anfield can be done up to be honest.

Hopefully top 4 , realistically top 6. blues top 10.

The way things are going i can see it being nil nil. it will be a massive springboard for either if they win. lets hope the reds do the business.