You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This is a open letter to all the Cunts who wanted rid of Benitez,

In favour of a English manager who would jib the zonal marking,sack rotation,put the arm around some players and make them feel loved.

You clueless gullible cunts,you reap what you sow.

Anyway i'm off to the Kentucky for a straightener,anyone want a Zinger or a deluxe boneless box?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In favour of a English manager who would jib the zonal marking,sack rotation,put the arm around some players and make them feel loved.

Haha, you tell em mate.

Anyway i'm off to the Kentucky for a straightener,anyone want a Zinger or a deluxe boneless box?

Eh, watch it!

3250-12886.gif

There's still a few crosses left.

that was actually rather funny :) nice rant

I don't think that is a reflection on the board necessarily,

Rafa was welcomed to the club as a vibrant,successful manager who had whet our appetite through us seeing his 'crushing machine' in action.

This led to him being ( correctly ) given some leeway.

Hodgson came into the job with 35 years of mediocrity behind him & nothing special to recommend him except he was a 'steady-Eddie' who knew the Premiership inside-out & couldn't fail to better Benitez' last season efforts.

The fact this seems completely beyond him & his football makes Benitez look like Brazil's 1970 squad has led to a lot of unhappiness with him & while I still think he should be given certainly until Xmas, I can't criticise anybody who has had enough.

He's had 7 games. I agree that the signs are bad and i'm not criticising people for being pissed off, but to make a judgement after 7 games is mental.

I wouldn't shed tears if he was replaced by new owners because they wanted their own man, but 7 games mate. It's nothing.

Lay off the ale,

I don't drink!!

My point exactly.

You make some serious valid points but seem to have a self destruct personality at the same time.

Guest TesticleOReilly
He's had 7 games. I agree that the signs are bad and i'm not criticising people for being pissed off, but to make a judgement after 7 games is mental.

I wouldn't shed tears if he was replaced by new owners because they wanted their own man, but 7 games mate. It's nothing.

No he hasn't. What is this bollocks where people pick and choose what games count to skew and bias their own opinion? He's had 15 games. After those 15 games we are in the bottom 3, are out of the league cup, beaten by Northampton Town, in case anyone needs their memory jogged, and showing no signs whatsoever of anything being learnt/improved/corrected.

Which included being out played by Blackpool, West Brom and Birmingham?

What the fuck is he trying to get across on the training pitch?

No he hasn't. What is this bollocks where people pick and choose what games count to skew and bias their own opinion? He's had 15 games. After those 15 games we are in the bottom 3, are out of the league cup, beaten by Northampton Town, in case anyone needs their memory jogged, and showing no signs whatsoever of anything being learnt/improved/corrected.

If you take the other games into account then he's actually doing better, certainly in Europe!

He's being criticised, mainly, because of our poor league performances. I keep hearing relegation zone this and relegation zone that, hence the point.

You can't judge someone after such a small amount of time, not in my opinion anyway.

Guest TesticleOReilly
If you take the other games into account then he's actually doing better, certainly in Europe!

He's being criticised, mainly, because of our poor league performances. I keep hearing relegation zone this and relegation zone that, hence the point.

You can't judge someone after such a small amount of time, not in my opinion anyway.

This is it, Brownie, I doubt seriously if anyone on here is judging him on 7 games. He's being judged on 35 years of same old same old, of piss poor experience from his last foray into the Premier League, of getting lowly Fulham to 11th, the list goes on and on. It's not just 7 games. If it was, and there were tweaks here and there, little adjustments, better usage of the ball when we have it, then yes, he deserves more time. But there aren't. Nothing is changing.

This is it, Brownie, I doubt seriously if anyone on here is judging him on 7 games. He's being judged on 35 years of same old same old, of piss poor experience from his last foray into the Premier League, of getting lowly Fulham to 11th, the list goes on and on. It's not just 7 games. If it was, and there were tweaks here and there, little adjustments, better usage of the ball when we have it, then yes, he deserves more time. But there aren't. Nothing is changing.

I'm not into totally pre-judging someone before he's had a chance to prove himself. I don't like it when people accuse others of 'having an agenda', as I so often was accused over the last few years, but this is as close to a case of that as i've ever seen.

Pre-judging someone and then frantically shouting how you've been proven right after such a small amount of time, is just not the way I like to see things done.

Those people may be right in the end, but until the person is given a chance to prove it either way, I think it's premature and short-term.

There comes a time though when you have to say do we give him time and hope he gets it right or do we admit we were wrong to appoint him and under new ownership straight afresh with a new manager.

The players are crying out to attack teams and its been of no surprise that when we have looked our best this season it has been in the second half of some games when Hodgson has told the team to be more offfensive.

Against Blackpool we got ourselves back into the game but Holloway realised the joy was coming through the centre and brought a sub on to counteract that and come the end of the match Blackpool had chances to win the game by a larger margin.

Now either Holloway is a tactical genius or Hodgson had no clue on how to set up the team to attack differently.

We keep hearing references to Fulham and how he has done things in the past but becoming the manager of Liverpool is different to anything he has ever done and at home against Blackpool we do not need a defensive midfielder.

Blackpool should have been shitting themselves coming to Anfield instead they will have been laughing their cocks off at the little threat we posed.

There comes a time though when you have to say do we give him time and hope he gets it right or do we admit we were wrong to appoint him and under new ownership straight afresh with a new manager.

The players are crying out to attack teams and its been of no surprise that when we have looked our best this season it has been in the second half of some games when Hodgson has told the team to be more offfensive.

Against Blackpool we got ourselves back into the game but Holloway realised the joy was coming through the centre and brought a sub on to counteract that and come the end of the match Blackpool had chances to win the game by a larger margin.

Now either Holloway is a tactical genius or Hodgson had no clue on how to set up the team to attack differently.

We keep hearing references to Fulham and how he has done things in the past but becoming the manager of Liverpool is different to anything he has ever done and at home against Blackpool we do not need a defensive midfielder.

Blackpool should have been shitting themselves coming to Anfield instead they will have been laughing their cocks off at the little threat we posed.

It depends on all kinds of variables for me. If the players are behind the manager and believe in him, then I think he deserves time. If the players want him replaced already, then that's a different story.

It depends on all kinds of variables for me. If the players are behind the manager and believe in him, then I think he deserves time. If the players want him replaced already, then that's a different story.

That the thing though Ian there is already rumours of player unrest from within the camp.

The rumours are they are bemused with the training methods and want us to be more attack minded.

That the thing though Ian there is already rumours of player unrest from within the camp.

The rumours are they are bemused with the training methods and want us to be more attack minded.

Where have you heard that? I've heard that the players really respect him and want him to do well!

I don't know and I agree it's been shite. It's still only a short period of time and games though.

The thing is brownie how long should we give him, given he is not all of a sudden goin to change his ways and transform us into some awesome attacking team?

The way I see it is, the longer we give him the more critical the damage may become. It may be the difference between Nando leaving in january or giving us till atleast the end of the season aswell. So I feel we need to get rid asap and get someone in to try and help salvage this train wreck of a season so far.

kapow! epic post.

Where have you heard that? I've heard that the players really respect him and want him to do well!

No mate, thats what they're sayin to the papers. It should be obvious to everyone to see the players are not enjoying what they're asked to do. You only have to look at their body language to see that.

Guest TesticleOReilly
I'm not into totally pre-judging someone before he's had a chance to prove himself. I don't like it when people accuse others of 'having an agenda', as I so often was accused over the last few years, but this is as close to a case of that as i've ever seen.

Pre-judging someone and then frantically shouting how you've been proven right after such a small amount of time, is just not the way I like to see things done.

Those people may be right in the end, but until the person is given a chance to prove it either way, I think it's premature and short-term.

It's not an agenda in the least, nor is it a 'ner ner ner ner we were right' pantomime. I don't need to give Gary Glitter half a dozen nights at my house to prove me right, 'cause I know what the outcome's gonna be. Bumming.

There's nothing to judge. Roy Hodgson isn't Liverpool manager because he's the best manager available, he's the Liverpool manager because the board wanted anyone but Bentiez.

The thing is brownie how long should we give him, given he is not all of a sudden goin to change his ways and transform us into some awesome attacking team?

The way I see it is, the longer we give him the more critical the damage may become. It may be the difference between Nando leaving in january or giving us till atleast the end of the season aswell. So I feel we need to get rid asap and get someone in to try and help salvage this train wreck of a season so far.

Well when he first went to Fulham, they struggled badly. I bet some of their fans thought, 'fucking hell, he got Blackburn relegated, and we haven't won any of our 6 games with him in charge, so let's get rid...'

Within a couple of years they were in the Uefa Cup Final and the fella was seen as a messiah. That's football for you and that's why I would never totally judge a manager over such a short period of time, although at the same time admitting that performances and results so far have been unacceptable.