You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang thread - part 2

dave u

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if Barrett ends up bring right for once.

"The Times also understands that Huang was appalled by suggestions in banking circles that Barclays Capital, the investment bank brokering the deal, was contemplating becoming lead bankers in a new consortium involving Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, Liverpool’s present co-owners."

For once? Tony Barrett is probably the most reliable Liverpool journalist. And he seems like a smashing fella to boot.

"The Times also understands that Huang was appalled by suggestions in banking circles that Barclays Capital, the investment bank brokering the deal, was contemplating becoming lead bankers in a new consortium involving Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, Liverpool’s present co-owners."

Were losing money everyday, and with no CL money were an unsafe loan, £420m and rising, the club will change hands, and TBH the times is trying to deflect the story away from the headline on 4th of August, there gona try make Broughton into a scapegoat, how the fuck would Haung or the times know what our board are discussing, Rafa was there contact

Were losing money everyday, and with no CL money were an unsafe loan, £420m and rising, the club will change hands, and TBH the times is trying to deflect the story away from the headline on 4th of August, there gona try make Broughton into a scapegoat, how the fuck would Haung or the times know what our board are discussing, Rafa was there contact

Tony Barrett is not a journalist who aspires to be Niccolo Machiavelli; from reading around various forums that he's on, and his involvement with the Jones family entering Anfield to Z Cars, his steadfast support of SoS, and his generally pleasant nature, Barrett is one of the good guys.

I guess we fans are to blame in some way, we are fickle and easily pleased. The board was feeling the pressure over the summer in particular Purslow and all of a sudden it changed with the news of the Joe Cole signing and the statement that Gerrard was staying. All of a sudden fans started saying oh "that purslow cant be that bad, he bought us Joe Cole" and Gerrard and Torres are staying like we should be grateful or something.

Suddenly Purslow and Broighton are to be trusted and have the best interests of fans at heart. Broughton was employed by H & G, primarily he has their best interests at heart not ours I wish people will realise that he has a job to do just like anyone else and it is at the behest of them two leeches he is doing it. People keep saying Huang was a publicist etc., but if you had to deal with this corrupt board and greedy owners would you trust them to do something in the best interest of the club out of the limelight I wouldn't. The whole stinking process is a facade and a joke and it is about time people woke up to it.

Broughton, employed by Hicks and Gillett at the recommendation of their friend Michael Klein, who unbelievably, believe it or not is involved with Barcap!!!

That Broughton?

Oh the retards...

The very same Martin Broughton who along with Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre vetoed the Americans attempt to refinance elsewhere?

That Broughton?

Bascombe has already broken the story the cunts tried to get refinance and failed. Barrett isn't saying there's a barcap deal on the table today, although I imagine that is what he is aiming at or wants us to think. I stick to what I said in the 1st place - if Kenny Huang was a serious bidder for our club, he wouldn't be walking away over the 1st sign of trouble. And if he knew enough that there was a refinance package for the yanks, then I would expect him to say so publicly, he and his associates haven't been shy at talking up to now. I would iminge getting a bid to this stage costs a lot of money - why would you walk away quietly when you had been invited to a "willing seller auction"?

In the mean time, if Barrett truly believes those cunts are getting refinanced, why is it not a story and just a coiuple of throw away lines in a cover up article, because his news paper was the one who proclaimed "China buys Liverpool"

Yep. Tony Evans has already accused Martin Broughton of failing in his brief to find investment last night on Sky Sports News.

how do you know he blocked their attempt a refinancing? because Bascombe said so? you must be joking HE IS EMPLOYED BY HICKS AND GILLETT

You really think that Hicks and Gillett genuinely want to sell Liverpool FC and haven't tried to refinance elsewhere then?

You really think that Hicks and Gillett genuinely want to sell Liverpool FC and haven't tried to refinance elsewhere then?

That is the thing I dont believe they do and neither do I believe that liar Broughton or Purslow acting in the best interests of the fans. Broughton is employed by HICKS AND GILLETT, I wish people would wake up to this.

He is there to act in their best interests i.e. to get them as much money as possible. It is funny how the board all came to an agreement on the sacking of Rafa but now all of a sudden they are against the leeches when it comes to selling the club... call me NAIVE, but I don't think so!

Hard to know what is really happening, but I think Huang was interested in purchasing the club at a very specific price and was hoping for everything to go through fairly quickly. Looks to me that he has realized that H&G are not going to let go easily and that RBS are also not going out of their way to make it happen.

I'm not sure that we can conclude that he was never a serious bidder - just that he (and those he represents) were only interested if things worked a certain way. Once it began to look messy, and once it was clear that the current incumbents would be holding out for something near the ludicrous price they want for the club, he's lost interest - although who knows if this is really the case. I thought his statement sounded like a bit of rallying cry to us, the great unwashed - 'I wanted to make you happy, but the bad guys wouldn't let me'. An attempt to harness public displeasure to put pressure on others to give him what he wants? Possibly.

Bottom line is that he and anybody else looking to buy the club, are doing it for business reasons only. He'll do anything he can to try to get the best deal possible. He, and others, will also have a price above which they are not willing to go. If they are not going to get it at that price, they'll walk. There are other investments out there that will deliver the return they are looking for.

The current owners clearly don't want to sell without drawing the profit they think they are owed.

How long before Broughton realizes that he has an impossible job and also walks away?

Get your head out of the sand Broughton knew exactly what his job was and what price was required (if any) to keep the PEOPLE WHO EMPLOYED HIM HAPPY.

He is here to do a job for them, which part of that don't you understand?

Get your head out of the sand Broughton knew exactly what his job was and what price was required (if any) to keep the PEOPLE WHO EMPLOYED HIM HAPPY.

He is here to do a job for them, which part of that don't you understand?

His job is to sell the club. I'm beginning to wonder whether he thought he'd have more help in doing that from RBS than he is now getting.

His job is to sell the club. I'm beginning to wonder whether he thought he'd have more help in doing that from RBS than he is now getting.

Yes to sell the club to the requirements of the Americans i.e. get the best price for them, not to somehow be ethical and put the fans first and do what is right by the club as some people seem to be suggesting.

If the americans dont get their inflated price they won't sell and I am starting to doubt they ever wanted to sell and it is just a delaying tactic.