You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Too early for the Mascherano appreciaton thread??

WhiskeyJar

How to endear yourself to Liverpool fans:

1. Ask for a transfer.

2. Get turned down.

3. Score a goal and kiss the badge.

4. Ask for a transfer again.

Sorry but I can't like him; he is a pure mercenary.

Similar to what Gerrard did, around his age, 5 years ago.

One thing I will say on Mascherano is that if we can't sort a deal out for him and he stays for another season he'll be one of the best performers for us.

I love him as a footballer, just wish his wife was happy and he could be persuaded to stay.

Best defensive midfielder in the world and I would say the best tackler in the world.

Inter and Barca both don't have the funds to sign him. I can honestly see him starting against Arsenal, as Lucas is away until the friday and poulsen depends on mascherano being sold apparently.

I didn't want him to play another game for us really after the whole "i want out" saga but i'd now rather have masch play than a jet lagged lucas or jay spearing. He's still a liverpool player and for me is a must to play v arsenal.

because he genuinley came out and said he wanted to leave the club that made him as a player (go on,give me stick and say west ham made him)...he got the greatest honour anyone can recieve by captaining his country because he played for liverpool...and he repaid that by saying he wants to leave,at a time when we need our best players to stay loyal...no matter what anyone says,any foreign player that plays in the premier league is gonna find it tough,but they improvise as do there families...he shouldnt of signed a fcukling contract if his family disliked england...wouldnt be suprised if he says he wants to join city,(like his mate carlos who said 'i wouldnt join a major rival to man utd)...the sooner the better people realise all he cares about is money the better...in the meantime? fan appreciation thread...dont make me laugh...what has masch done for us that lucas hasnt,nothing...yet ya dont hear him sounding out the exit doors...

Inter and Barca both don't have the funds to sign him. I can honestly see him starting against Arsenal, as Lucas is away until the friday and poulsen depends on mascherano being sold apparently.

I didn't want him to play another game for us really after the whole "i want out" saga but i'd now rather have masch play than a jet lagged lucas or jay spearing. He's still a liverpool player and for me is a must to play v arsenal.

and jay spearing will play for the badge over his heart...would you rather that or a player that dosnt even wanna be on that pitch????

and jay spearing will play for the badge over his heart...would you rather that or a player that dosnt even wanna be on that pitch????

yes he would and so would i but that doesn't mean i'm good enough for liverpool. Mascherano wants out and will probably get his way, but as things stand he's still a liverpool player and is getting paid by liverpool, so therefore should be ready to play when asked. Three points are three points and we spend a better chance of getting those three points with mascherano playing

Speaking after Argentina's 1-0 win over Republic of Ireland, he told Sky Sports: "The only thing I want to say is I don't have nothing against the Liverpool supporters, the Liverpool people. My problem is not to play for Liverpool. I'm very proud to play for Liverpool. It's another thing.

"I said to him [the new Liverpool manager, Roy Hodgson] that maybe for my life I prefer to change the country, not to change the club – that is the fact.

"Sometimes you can see all the things that the papers or the press say, but at the end the only thing I can say is thank you to everyone in Liverpool because they supported me all the time, from the beginning until now."

I think it's fine on a temporary basis, like international duty.

Not sure what the Tories have to do with it, but it's a mystery to me how Owen and now Masch come in for more flak than Alonso, yet all three engineered moves away from Anfield.

Or maybe there's a "right way" and a "wrong way" of selling the club out?

Alonso was belittled and it was made quite clear to him he was surplus to requirements. Rafa then came crawling back when he missed out on Barry. Much as it pains me to lose my favourite player of the new generation of Liverpool he was completely right to tell Rafa to fuck off and go and sign for a club that respected his ability much more.