You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the offal:

What's the view among Arsenal fans about having to visit Anfield on the opening weekend?

We would have preferred a couple of games to get up and running and to get the fitness before playing a game this big. It's not the easiest start but we have a decent enough record at Anfield lately. We won last season and drew the previous two league games there I think. I'd say it's 50-50. Either side could get the three points if they're on their game.

Joe Cole could make his league debut for us. How do you feel about missing out on him?

I was disappointed, but we have a lot of technical, skilful players like him. I honestly didn't think he'd venture out of London but I reckon he'll be a good signing for you guys.

And your thoughts on Arsene Wenger's transfer activity as a whole?

Again, a bit disappointed. He's let four defenders go in Campbell, Senderos, Gallas and Silvestre and we've only brought one in: Laurent Koscielny. Up front we've brought in Marouane Chamakh but then Wenger's let Eduardo go. All this has made us weaker in my opinion. The manager said last season that we were three or four players short but where are they? We're supposedly interested in Mark Schwarzer but I'd say we need another three on top of that.

At least Cesc Fabregas looks like he's staying...

I'm happy about that but the worry at the moment is, what can we offer him? We're not going to win anything this season...

How's your pre-season been?

Good. We've only been beaten once against Legia Warsaw. Apart from that we're unbeaten. Samir Nasri has looked really good, Koscielny has been decent and Andrey Arshavin seems to be up and running.

Who should we be worried about on Sunday?

Fabregas and van Persie are only just back from their holidays and Wenger has said on the club website that they might not be up to speed. I don't think they'll start, so you should be worried about two of those I've just mentioned: Nasri and Arshavin. Arshavin seems to have something weird over Liverpool at Anfield.

And who will you be worried about on our side?

I thought Steven Gerrard's first goal for England on Wednesday was beautiful. The second was nice but the first was top drawer. Typical Steven Gerrard. I think all the England players will want to prove something this year and he's one to watch. Let's hope he has a quiet game.

What's the score going to be?

I think we're slightly better than Liverpool right now, so 2-1 to us.

And finally, what's your hope for the season as a whole?

That Spurs get relegated. Away from Arsenal, I'd also like to see Liverpool step up and challenge for the title again. You've got the most loyal supporters I've ever seen and they deserve it.

Team for tomorrow will be as below according to rawk insider.

Reina

Johnson Carragher Skrtel Agger

Mascherano Gerrard

Kuyt Cole Jovanovic

Ngog

Took a guess at the formation.

With our squad thats the best he can do

should be good enough to get a point though

Arsenal fan here. I would take the draw righ now, I do expect Liverpool to really come at us with new manger and everybody in much better mood right now. We havent had the greatest Pre season like yourself I assume. Despite winning 5 and drawing one, we have many of our big players not playing any pre season games, song, diaby, denilson, cesc and ramsey all missed pre season and thats our first 5 midfielders in the team. The only question is will Wenger risk Cesc or be really brave and play Wilshere, I really hope Cesc plays as Wilshere is not ready yet. My guess is both Cesc and RVP will start on the bench. If we survive the first 25 mins, I think we will get something. If we concede early on and Anfield gets rocking, I fear we might get a proper beating. Look out for Nasri as he's on the form of his life and finally looking like a player

-------------Almunia-------------

Sagna--Koscielny--Vermaleen--Clichy

--------------Diaby----------------

-------Wilshere-------Nasri--------

Walcott----------------------Arshavin

-------------Chamakh----------------

I think he did mate, he even got fined two weeks wages over it. I just hope if he does stay he gets his head round it straight away, or if he's going gives us a goodbye performance.

maybe your right and we just have a manager who wants to sell rather than a manager who refused to sell.

There was never publicly the manager saying he wanted to leave last season

Guest ShoePiss
Team for tomorrow will be as below according to rawk insider.

Reina

Johnson Carragher Skrtel Agger

Mascherano Gerrard

Kuyt Cole Jovanovic

Ngog

Took a guess at the formation.

So Aurelio picked up an injury carrying his suitcases?

maybe your right and we just have a manager who wants to sell rather than a manager who refused to sell.

There was never publicly the manager saying he wanted to leave last season

Yes we had a manager who preferred to sell Alonso instead. Much better. :wallbutt: