You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He'll do a decent job.

I think it's a fair signing, but the problem is we keep selling star players to finance fixing the squads lack of class in depth. Sell one star (Mascherano) buy 3 average players.

The same happened with Alonso. We're a selling club!

Poulsen won't be a waste of money, I'm sure, but with his age we won't see a penny when he leaves the club in a few years. He can do a good job protecting the back four, but he offers nothing going forward - less than Mascherano. I dread him and Lucas as a midfield parring. With our injury playeged players they'll get plenty of games I fear.

Poulsen might score a coulpe of goals as well. He's quite good in the air. Defensively he's better than Lucas. The problem is if they are both in our regular starting eleven.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What? I havent said he's crap, he's decent and uninspiring. Basically like Lucas and a massive downgrade on Mascherano. Not really sure what your point is, as usual. If you're expecting me to be jumping for joy then sorry.

If you're over the moon with replacing Mascherano with a £4m player thats your call.

Alright, you touchy fucker, I'm asking why you're saying that he 'clearly isn't that good'. I'd wager you've hardly fucking seen him. I don't give a fuck if you're jumpin' for joy or jumping in front of a bus. I'm certainly not 'over the moon' about anything. I'm simply asking why he 'cleary isn't that good'.

Answer the question or fuck off.

Alright, you touchy fucker, I'm asking why you're saying that he 'clearly isn't that good'. I'd wager you've hardly fucking seen him. I don't give a fuck if you're jumpin' for joy or jumping in front of a bus. I'm certainly not 'over the moon' about anything. I'm simply asking why he 'cleary isn't that good'.

Answer the question or fuck off.

He's not very good on the ball and he's very very slow which is worrying because he's a harrier rather than a defensive mid who relies on nous like Didi and Makelele. And not to mention he's a massive downgrade on Javier Mascherano.

You need to cut the hardman act out on here, it is absolutely cringeworthy. Even more so given someone you criticise daily offered you the chance to meet but unsurprisingly you wouldnt come out from behind that keyboard of yours.

He didn't had the best time at Juventus, but he was superb for both Sevilla and Schalke, and has also been very good in most of his 77 appearances for the national team.

He is a different type of player than Mascherano. I think one of his biggest forces is that he is very good at connecting the defence with the more attacking players. Something we have missed since the Xabi-days.

He is deffo a better player than Lucas and if Mascherano is to leave I would much rather have a midfield with Gerrard-Poulsen than Gerrard-Lucas (or Aquilani).

I would have prefered a player like Defour, but Poulsen isn't as bad as people are making him out to be. I think he can be a positive surprise to many. He can be an idiot both on and off the pitch, but sometimes thats what a team needs (Keane, Essien, Mikel, Terry, Vieira etc.)

He is very much the opposite of Masch. He is a pretty slow player with a below par passing game but he is quite strong in the air and positions himself well.

I dont think the English game is suited to him though. Think he will struggle with the tempo of the premiership.

Also he wasn´t signed instead of Alonso. He was signed because he was a free transfer. Otherwise he would never have ended up at Juventus.

I dont think anyone was expecting Danielle De Rossi or that we can afford players like that. It doesnt mean we have to be happy with any old signing though just because we're completely skint. But yes signings like this are understandable.

thank god we didnt get him, he is shit!

i havent seen poulson play, so i cant comment.

but a mate of mine is a big time juventus fan and he said he is a good player, and we shouldnt be worried about this signing. he thinks he will do well for us.

but then again my mate does support villa aswell.

he cant be worse than lucas surely?

He is very much the opposite of Masch. He is a pretty slow player with a below par passing game but he is quite strong in the air and positions himself well.

I dont think the English game is suited to him though. Think he will struggle with the tempo of the premiership.

Also he wasn´t signed instead of Alonso. He was signed because he was a free transfer. Otherwise he would never have ended up at Juventus.

dont see many bosmans transfers costing 10million euros!

Poulsen will be a downgrade on Mascherano; I think that's obvious. To put things into perspective though, we are paying less than the cost of two weeks repayment on our loan from RBS for him.

i get the feeling he is here to replace lucas, as i think hodsgon knows that lucas isnt good enough.

biggest mong of a comment ever!

you rate di rossi?

lol

did you even bother to watch that tournament in the summer...

he is fucking shit, he is a liability and gives the ball away so cheaply its unreal. you tube the italy games, he was at fault for quite a few of the goals they conceaded.

the end

i get the feeling he is here to replace lucas, as i think hodsgon knows that lucas isnt good enough.

I'm yet to be convinced that he is significantly better than Lucas who I think is a decent squad player for us, and better than for instance Fletcher was at the same age. However, I don't believe Lucas will be sold this summer anyway.

you rate di rossi?

lol

he is fucking shit, he is a liability and gives the ball away so cheaply its unreal. you tube the italy games, he was at fault for quite a few of the goals they conceaded.

the end

so one poor world cup? I presume you think Torres is shit also then?

De Rossi is immense

I think he will be much better than most people on here thinks.... Far to many people look at the price tag and assume players are shit because they don't cost £20 mill+...

Besides mascherano was not a very good player last year, in fact the first couple of months when we fell behind he was probably our worst performer... (Probably still sulking over not getting his Barca move)...

you rate di rossi?

lol

the end

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

HA!!!

How is this guy being negged? He's fucking hilarious!

I'm yet to be convinced that he is significantly better than Lucas who I think is a decent squad player for us, and better than for instance Fletcher was at the same age. However, I don't believe Lucas will be sold this summer anyway.

i agree lucas wont be sold.

but poulson will be a more solid player from what people on ehre are saying, and lucas just gets muscled off the ball too easily, he tries his heart out to be stronger but he isnt blessed with that power you need in certain games.

we cant risk playing him week in week out again.....surely?

so one poor world cup? I presume you think Torres is shit also then?

De Rossi is immense

torres was injured and has been the worlds best striker for 3 years. (ok maybe not so much last year....)

what has de rossi done to be classed as immense?

big players perform on the big stage and can play under pressure. de rossi bottles it to few many times for me. and always does.

At least he'll show a bit more agression than Lucas.

yea i agree, even if lucas "tried" to show agression his build allows him to be overpowered quite easily.

I suppose aggression suits a mid table team, so on that front he'll be ok for us.

lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

HA!!!

How is this guy being negged? He's fucking hilarious!

who you woo.

"He's a downgrade on Mascherano"

Well, he's fucking going to be isn't he? Since Mascherano is one of the best at his job.

Unless you silly fuckers can throw a quid in so we can sign either Essien, Cambiasso or try and steal Yaya from City after only being there a month.

Silly cunts.

Poulsen is a fucking great DM and he knows how to play the game. A very good signing.

Whilst you fuckers were wanking over Sissoko in 2005 and 2006, this motherfucker was winning the Danish player of the year twice in a row at Sevilla.

Not even the greats such as Schmeichel, Brian Laudrup or Michael Laudrup achieved that. So wind you ill informed shit cunt of a head in.