You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...

Props to the bird in the article who actually took the time to register on this site and send me a PM in an attempt to put me straight concerning my criticism.

Now stop hiding love and start posting. A pic of your jugs as an opening post would be a good start.

Props to the bird in the article who actually took the time to register on this site and send me a PM in an attempt to put me straight concerning my criticism.

Now stop hiding love and start posting. A pic of your jugs as an opening post would be a good start.

Seriously?

Fair play.

I partly feel sorry for students, some of them have been almost conned. The amount of people I know who have took on a lot of debt to study under the illusion that there are 30k jobs for them. I agree with Section that the policy of getting as many people as possible into education is to blame. A degree from the majority of uni's aren't worth shit on their own, it is all about work experience and employability, a fact sadly lost on most.

I agree with Monty's post about the value of education, but in today's world you need to think were it is going to get you. I loved Sociology, so I read up in my spare time, I have started coaching, again in my spare time. It is all about balance. I just think moving away from home and going 20k in the red for a hobby gives you reason to whinge. Especially when you consider how these universities operate, they are basically factories looking to increase turnover, with emphasis on modules and I quote a lecturer at Liverpool Uni 'the McDonaldisation' of education. A lot of what you learn is dumbed down into textbook form with a exam at the end.

I would like to add my voice to the "Psychology is not a Mickey Mouse degree" gang. I knew a few people doing Psychology while I was studying and they worked damned hard. As far as real skills I can easily see it being of use in the workplace. Very often, it isn't the subject that is the issue with employers. They just want proof that you have started and successfully completed a degree, which displays a certain amount of application.

No, not fair play. If this double-barrelled bitch spent more time searching for jobs than Googling her name, she might reach a position where she can quit whining.

These cunts' sense of entitlement is staggering.

As opposed to every other fucker in the UK?

I'm going to google my name now....

87 results. I need to throw a tantrum or three.

No, not fair play. If this double-barrelled bitch spent more time searching for jobs than Googling her name, she might reach a position where she can quit whining.

These cunts' sense of entitlement is staggering.

So a person who applies for hundreds of jobs in vain isn't entitled to moan about it? And if they do, they're a 'bitch' and a 'cunt'? If I was her, I'd moan. I'd moan good, and I don't even have a fucking degree.

A cunt with a sense of entitlement, in my book, is a person who doesn't endeavour to better themselves, who sits back and expects to be supported; not somebody who has worked hard and accrued a load of debt in the hope of getting on in life. Good luck to the girl, and the thousands in a similar position.