You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So according to Rory Smith, Roman doesn't want to pay our asking price, so he'll go and meet Torres in person, talk to him without the club's permission, oh bearing in mind he's not actually a manager or a football man, then he'll pressure Torres into handing a transfer request and asking to get out, so he can land his man at a cut price.

Does Rory Smith not realise that if he's lying then what he's saying is illegal.

If it's true, then hello Fifa? UEFA? One of you cunts gonna do something? No? What a fucking joke.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely given that he is struggling to keep his place in what will be a massive game against a red-hot Germany, Torres has other things on his mind, even if it is his future in club football??

It's obvious that playing for Spain is something he values and to be honest, it's a pretty good time to be playing for them, given the wealth of talent they currently have at their disposal. So perhaps the manager isn't a massive fan of players talking about their clubs given the task at hand. As for him referring to Liverpool as 'Liverpool' (funnily enough) instead of 'us' or 'we', if I were the manager of a team in the World Cup, I'd like 'we' or 'us' to mean my team playing right now and nothing else, so in Torres' case, Spain. Try and maintain team unity and all that.

If Roman is indeed going to see him then the club need to threaten Chelsea right now with action before it happens.

I doubt we will though.

Thanks DM, you stupid twat, this is all your fucking fault and no one elses!

I cant describe the contempt I have for you.

Why would Broughton threaten the club he supports with legal action?

He'd probably love to see Torres playing for his team.

Exactly, why does Roman have to go over the Africa to speak to him, all he needs to do is send Broughton! And the result would probably be the same.

Obviously I am doing Broughton a disservice, he wouldn't have time to speak to any footballers, after all, he and Christian Purslow are surely spending their summer holidays working in some sort of charitable function, possibly dealing with Aids or HIV sufferers, before flying off to the Sudan to help with famine relief!

From Football fan cast. Not bad.

How Torres is being forced out of Anfield

The media and journalism industry is often criticised by those around it, with figures within said profession frequently condemned for a questionable grasp of ethics. This attitude is distilled within the mantra “never let the facts get in the way of a good story”, a disparaging and derogative phrase used to signify the supposed mentality of those within the profession. Although the content of this article touches upon a subject very close to my heart, I cannot help but feel that the above phrase mirrors the attitude of those who have written about or commented upon the future of Fernando Torres over the course of the last 12 months. Let me clarify.

Without wanting to preach wildly unfounded hyperbole, I firmly believe that portions of the English and European media have created an incessant campaign systematically designed to facilitate Fernando Torres’ departure from Liverpool Football Club. Fuelled by Liverpool’s financial woes and on-the-pitch decline, several newspapers have consistently linked Torres with moves to nouveau riche Premier League sides Manchester City and Chelsea, despite no direct quotes from the player or the club alluding to such eventualities.

In addition to this, several publications have eschewed the use of direct quotes from the player and those close to him, quotes which have diminished the possibility of a move to either Stamford Bridge or Eastlands. Unlike the vast majority of foreign players who ply their trade on English shores, Fernando Torres actually ‘gets’ and understands the importance of playing for his chosen club.

Prior to his arrival at Anfield in the summer of 2007, Torres was one of the world’s most coveted forwards, one with his pick of the world’s best clubs. Speaking to Martin Samuel in 2009, Torres reiterated the view that his move to Liverpool was not borne of financial gain, stating “I had many offers in football, I had many big clubs to choose from, so I decided on something more than football. The people here, the history, the way everybody comes together, I looked at that…” More recently, Torres further expressed his love for the club and the city by stating, “I hope to be here for a long time and if my daughter speaks English and Scouse, I will be proud.”

Whilst a move to Stamford Bridge would provide Torres with the Champions League football that Liverpool cannot currently provide, such a move would be incompatible with Torres’ oft-repeated assertion that, “Now I feel Liverpool is my English club, the way Atletico is my Spanish club. I would not like to play for another English or Spanish club.”

The credibility of reports concerning Torres’ future reached a nadir yesterday when the player’s agent, Jose Antonio Martin, vehemently denied making comments to a certain daily newspaper over the Spaniard’s Anfield future. Irked by the fabricated nature of comments attributed to him, Martin said “For many months I have not spoken to the England press because their quotes are totally false.”

This morning’s back-page headlines are again dedicated to Liverpool’s number nine, with several newspapers stating that Chelsea chairman Roman Abramovich has flown to South Africa to secure Torres’ signing. Now not only would such behaviour constitute the illegal practice of tapping-up (a practice with which Chelsea have a chequered past), but this ‘story’ fails to take account of the fact that the player’s representative is currently in Madrid and the fact that Abramovich has actually been in South Africa for a few days already.

I have no doubt in my mind that Liverpool’s current state will have worried Torres, and it is unsurprising that a player of his calibre has his doubts. However, I can’t help but feel that the unrelenting English media are trying to make the decision for him.

The media don't treat us any different then any other club. I wonder if arsenal fans are crying personal vendetta over the constant fabregas, wenger leaving etc shit.

Most if not all clubs are treated to the same rubbish, and the best bit is it's the people lapping it up that allows them to continue to do so.

They fucking hate us and are revelling in our demise.

If I was manager i'd use it to get a siege mentality on the go.

Totally agree.

We are at such a low ebb, everybody is foreseeing our demise, a God-send for a manager. At the start of the season sit all of those who are still here down and show them a selection of articles written during the summer.

Then, go out there, play with passion, do your best, see where it gets you and ram it down people's throats.

Good article that that Rory Smith would do well to read after the lies he printed this morning which if were true would mean the owner of Chelsea had flown 5000 miles to tap up a player under contract, given that Chelsea will recieve a European ban for another incident of illegal approaches Rory should be reporting this to UEFA if he has evidence, but I guess the torygraoh wont let him to that now would they

Edited by Trucker Paddy

They fucking hate us and are revelling in our demise.

If I was manager i'd use it to get a siege mentality on the go.

I think LFC fans should boycott all media. None of them are objective and even good ones like Evans are going into meltdown, speculating about speculation

Good article that that Rory Smith would do well to read after the lies he printed this morning which if were true would mean the owner of Chelsea had flown 5000 miles to tap up a player under contract, given that Chelsea will recieve a European ban for another incident of illegal approaches Rory should be reporting this to UEFA if he has evidence, but I guess the torygraoh wont let him to that now would they

We have never done that, of course.

Just ask Middleborough about Ziege or Leeds about Kewell.

We have never done that, of course.

Just ask Middleborough about Ziege or Leeds about Kewell.

And we were punished for it in Zieges case,what i'm saying is if Rory Smith has evidence, especially given that he was in the chosen few praised on Sunday he should be reporting it to UEFA

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres says he wants to know what is really happening at the club before committing his future to the Reds.

Torres has been linked with a big-money move to the likes of Chelsea, Barcelona and Inter Milan in recent weeks following Liverpool's failure to qualify for next season's Champions League and reports that the Merseyside club have debts of around £350million.

But the player says he will seek talks with the board and new Reds coach Roy Hodgson after the World Cup in order to find out exactly what is going on at Anfield.

'I suppose that when the World Cup finishes I will speak to the people at Liverpool and they will explain to me the real situation of how things are at present, the future of the club. And I will talk to the new coach,' he said in an interview with El Mundo Deportivo ('The World of Sport').

For the moment, however, Torres says he is not thinking beyond the World Cup.

'There's time for that (Liverpool), but I want to finish the World Cup, go on holiday, as I haven't had a holiday for three years, rest and then there will be time to talk about all of that - the situation isn't going to change whether we talk soon or later,' he said.

The former Atletico Madrid striker refused to rule out a move away from Anfield, but says nothing will happen until after the World Cup.

'Honestly, teams won't be able to do anything until the World Cup has finished. The players here prefer to wait - there is time,' he said.

Torres is currently preparing for Spain's World Cup semi-final against Germany on Wednesday.

Rory Smith says his instinct is that he'll leave.

And on that note, I think Tony Barrett's viewing this thread.

So he does'nt know now that he's been tapped up, smith knows nothing about Torres, he was changing his mind every hour regarding who was going to be our manager, kept saying Hodgson but then he'd have a doubt over something.