You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kop Magazine are reporting that Roy Hodgson

Guest Super Sub

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.

I don't want kenny as manager, not under these two anyway. Its too popular appointment among many (i'd say the majority) it'll again take the attention away from the two cunts.

kenny's the only one who can unite us again. and focus can be on the owners. under roy, fans would still be divided imo.

after last season, expectations aren't high, so very little pressure on kenny imo. the thing is we could actually win something under him.

Didn’t want Benitez to go, didn’t see what it would achieve. Don’t want any of the others that have been mentioned, but I would love Dalglish to return, after all this misery we could do with something like that.

kenny's the only one who can unite us again. .

no disrespect to Kenny but only good results and performances will do that. regardless of who is the manager. Obviously a bit of a negative outlook but lets say we were 8th at Xmas under Kenny, do you still believe there won't be people moaning, griping and arguing with each other.

Under the right circumstances it would be wonderful to see him back. Imo it would be a disservice to the great man being what is virtually a caretaker role until new owners come in.

no disrespect to Kenny but only good results and performances will do that. regardless of who is the manager. Obviously a bit of a negative outlook but lets say we were 8th at Xmas under Kenny, do you still believe there won't be people moaning, griping and arguing with each other.

Under the right circumstances it would be wonderful to see him back. Imo it would be a disservice to the great man being what is virtually a caretaker role until new owners come in.

Completely right there. Kenny looses a couple of games at the start of the season (if he got the job) and the same squad will be on his back as they were Rafas. Only results will unite the team and the fans. But we need a good squad and a great first team and we dont have the squad. We may not have that good a first team if some of the players leave.

well if it is roy i wouldn't be expecting free flowing attacking football then, so that's him off to a loser from the start isn't it.

Still he may well prove me wrong and change the habit of a lifetime and give us free flowing football and be a complete success but no one can say for sure can they. and at this juncture it's all speculation.

Actually George, I don't thing it would be a disservice, I think it would be the best possible time for him. He would be given an enormous amount of goodwill (and slack), he would be seen as helping the club out in its hour of need.

he's experienced, he's british, he'll come on a short contract, he'll know the hand he's been dealt and he won't be in the press every week playing political bullshit.

i want the best for us, but under the circumstances he can keep the seat warm for a year or two until we've righted ourselves under new owners.

as long as i don't hear any crap about a 5 year plan in his introductory press conference i'd resigned to the fact that he'll be a solid appointment at this stage.

I just hope Kenny doesn't walk away over this. I wanted him back for so long it'll be terrible if he leaves again. But him managing would be a gamble for him as well as the club, regardless of what Kenny might think here and now. The only 'safe' way to ensure he keeps his dignity would be to appoint him as caretaker, see how it goes and then, depending on how he fares, either appoint him full-time or thank him for minding the shop and announce a full time manager has finally been found.

King Kenny comes calling: Dalglish tells Liverpool he will return as manager

Kenny Dalglish has put himself forward for the Liverpool manager's job after telling the Anfield hierarchy that he wishes to withdraw from the selection panel.

After parting company with Rafa Benitez last week, the club issued a statement saying that Dalglish would lead the search for a new manager alongside managing director Christian Purslow.

]

But the 59-year-old, who quit as Liverpool boss in 1991 before going on to manage Blackburn and Newcastle, has taken one look at the shortlist of candidates and decided he could do a better job than those who have so far been identified.

Dalglish's passion for the club has never been in question and he now believes he is the man to revive them after a difficult end to Benitez's tenure.

Despite the Scot's transition from king-maker to would-be king, Liverpool will still seek permission to meet Fulham manager Roy Hodgson by the end of the week.

The 62-year-old Hodgson (right) had been seen as the favourite to succeed Benitez, who will be confirmed as the new Inter Milan manager today.

Hodgson has made no secret of his wish for one more high-profile job, whether it be as manager of England or a leading club in the Barclays Premier League, and his feats at Fulham have not gone unnoticed.

Fulham chairman Mohamed Al Fayed is desperate to keep the veteran Englishman, who maintained his focus on the London club's future yesterday by signing Philippe Senderos from Arsenal, but the call from the Anfield hierarchy is expected soon.

Compensation is unlikely to prove an obstacle, with Hodgson on a 12-month rolling contract at Craven Cottage and a fee of around £2million should be enough to secure his release.

Liverpool were rocked by infighting last season between Benitez and top boardroom figures and the club are anxious to end the recent turbulence by bringing in an experienced figure capable of restoring harmony.

Meanwhile, Liverpool fans were informed yesterday that season-ticket prices have increased by seven per cent for the next campaign.

King Kenny comes calling: Dalglish tells Liverpool he will return as manager | Mail Online

Guest TK-421

I wonder if this is just posturing from Kenny to quietly disappear from the club. He might have had enough of it all. "Don't blame me, I put myself forward and they chose someone else". I hope not.

we need someone with a spare £600m to do that.

I've just checked my wallet. I've got £15 and there's some pound coins in the car. All in all about £23. You're a wealthy man George, can't you make up the difference and I'll let you have first dibs at scoring in the kop end?

Does this mean we have to stop taking the piss out of his speach impediment now?

I don't think that's wheely neccessary.

anyway, I like the guy. I'd love to see him make a go of it. It does raise some questions regarding the playing staff, though... and I'm not sure if he'll be able to make any prestige signings (as if we can afford them anyway - although, if true, this is further spending on compensation, so our cashflow is clearly free to invest as has been suggested).

One big positive is that Woy will use the kids, I feel that Pacheco and Shelvey would have a much better chance of breaking through next season.

So I am tentatively optimistic. It all depends on whether we can hold onto the spine of our side.