You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

Dog, do you not see any correlation in the skills that people are coming out of the education system with and their irrelevancy to the global system. They are superfluous. Surely you wouldn't deny that as the population of the planet booms and technology continues to advance there will be left huge tranches of people in developed countries than are no longer required to play any part in the system.

I wouldn't even try to predict how things will turn out in the future.

I'm also still intrigued as to how you seperate cronyism and capitalism. I'm not saying cronyism is a product of capitalism (it isn't) but it's now one of the foundation stones of global capitalism and to try and suggest you could now have capitalism without the cronyism is, in my opinion, fanciful

Well, I think it's possible. If it isn't possible, we might as well just nuke the place from orbit now.

You really have no idea why people are left in the position as adults to require the need to be taught basic literacy an numeracy, do you?
I'm not sure whether it was intentional but I find that a little offensive. There are 480,000 job vacancies in the UK and 2.7 million unemployed so I don't think you can apportion all the blame on the individual.

What are you two talking about? I was expressing dismay that so many people in this modern country are equipped with little more knowledge and skills than medieval peasants. There was no blame apportioned on any individuals at all. The system has failed those people enormously. Bizarre.

@ dickie mint: it's nice that dennis tooth has a playmate who is as nastily spitefully retarded as he is, but your act is very old

I enjoy the negs SD, about as futile as your next Lib Dem vote. Both seem to make you feel important and have no consequence to continue to fuel your delusions.

However it wont spoil my fun, if only you were important enough to spoil my fun people might take you serious again and then who knows, maybe you could avenge the public death of Nick Clegg like some modern day Charles Bronson Kennedy figure, whose family had been wiped out by all the people that voted for them, EMBARRASING THE CLUELESS FUCKERS TO DEATH so now you seek your revenge by privatising the NHS and making them all catch MRSA AIDS.

The BNP has more chance than you chaps and probably if you were BNP knuckledragger you would have a few more supporters in here than being a Lib Dem and resident bad egg all round.

You stink the place out and I have no idea what you get out of it at all as if you really are that deluded to think anyone would listen to a word you have to say on here.

I guess everyone has a roll to fill and yours is just to be a target for dried and rolled snotpeices and I suppose we can always mash our chwewd up chewy into your hair once the flavour goes.

Well, I think it's possible. If it isn't possible, we might as well just nuke the place from orbit now.

What are you two talking about? I was expressing dismay that so many people in this modern country are equipped with little more knowledge and skills than medieval peasants. There was no blame apportioned on any individuals at all. The system has failed those people enormously. Bizarre.

@ dickie mint: it's nice that dennis tooth has a playmate who is as nastily spitefully retarded as he is, but your act is very old

Look Harvey Procter you can try and blame unfortunate people who can't read and write for the unemployment figures rising because you and that shower of shite will blame anyone but themselves.

What mantra? The elephant in the room that nobody wants to acknowledge is that hundreds of thousands of people in this country are essentially unemployable, and the labour of thousands more isn't even worth minimum wage.

Good to see you acknowledge that the current government isn't wholely to blame for the situation; the way some go on you would think that these millions of adults who can barely read, write or add up sprung fully-formed into being in May 2010 :whatever:

What about them? I wasn't making any comment about those people.

Yes, everything to do with that. It's a fundamental problem in our society. How can we find jobs for people when they are leaving school without even being able to read properly, especially while the Chinese are churning out engineers like a mass production line.

Careful stronts, you're letting that mask slip.

Thought it was funny how they had a health conference today at Downing Street but only invited the organisations which agreed with the plans, with the likes of the BMA and college of midwives locked out.

The BMA are the worst union in history and have been wrong about evrything, ever.

Ask Ken Clarke.

Look Harvey Procter you can try and blame unfortunate people who can't read and write for the unemployment figures rising because you and that shower of shite will blame anyone but themselves.

Hey fuckwit, how about sticking to the arguments that are made instead of inventing them, eh?

Careful stronts, you're letting that mask slip.

What mask? The minimum wage is about 6 quid an hour. There's very definitely many thousands of people who wouldn't be worth hiring even at that rate.

I support the minimum wage, but you have to acknowledge that it means that some people are never going to be employable, simply because they're not worth 6 quid an hour. Just basic economics.

Hey fuckwit, how about sticking to the arguments that are made instead of inventing them, eh?

What mask? The minimum wage is about 6 quid an hour. There's very definitely many thousands of people who wouldn't be worth hiring even at that rate.

I support the minimum wage, but you have to acknowledge that it means that some people are never going to be employable, simply because they're not worth 6 quid an hour. Just basic economics.

I completely, fundamentaly disagree.

Why aren't some people worth the shite rate of £6 an hour Norman Scott.

Surely, to have a conversation about government policy, you need to try and predict how things will turn out.

How is it possible SD? How do you stop cronyism? It's like pretending that an organism that doesn't take the opportunity to monopolise resources in its environment that is available will still flourish. It won't, the one that take that easy route will.

Why would Chevron cost themselves a fortune building double-hulled tankers when they can just buy the law? Why would BP pay to run their pipeline guage technology (costing hundreds of millions in downtime) when they know that it;s better to let it blow, kill a few people, and make sure that when the slap on the wrist comes (from someone you undoubtably have conewctions with) you also get your hands on as much of the reparations and aid money as possible.

Does not compute.

Isn't it depressing that there are adults who need to be taught basic literacy and numeracy? Is it any wonder we have so many unemployed when there are people who are simply unemployable?

Gideon has found that not being able to do basic numeracy is no barrier to becoming chancellor.

image-7-for-yourlife-telly-money-23-03-2011-gallery-180844008.jpg

Why aren't some people worth the shite rate of £6 an hour Norman Scott.

Because if you hire them at 6 quid an hour, and they add less than 6 quid's worth of value to your business, then you're pissing money down a drain. Simple economics.

How is it possible SD? How do you stop cronyism?

How about outlawing or severely restricting private political donations altogether? Fund parties from the public purse. That would help I think.

How about outlawing or severely restricting private political donations altogether? Fund parties from the public purse. That would help I think.

Okay. How do you manage to do that when the people who quite like owning politicians and buying laws are usually the ones who have a massive impact on the cultural environment of the country? Money equals voice.

I'm sure if we were starting from scratch with capitalism v2 then we'd probably have some similar ideas on restraints to stop a tipping point being reached. From here, well, we've tipped.

Because if you hire them at 6 quid an hour, and they add less than 6 quid's worth of value to your business, then you're pissing money down a drain. Simple economics.

There arent many people on the planet who arent worth £6 an hour to any business,that statement is a a disgrace.

A person who actually turns up and puts a few things in boxes is at least worth a few hundred quid a week based on the fact that the product will be worth several thousand in profit.

Would you work for less than £6 an hour?

A mile in somebody else's shoes etc.

£6 is a a meaningless measurement for somebody's time. It changes every second with the exchange rate or when they decide to print shitloads of more money, devaluing yours. As Marvin once said "And when I get that feeling, I want quantative easing".

Someone putting a shoe in a box once a day would add more value to society than most of the financial vultures around today. Chopping up futures and selling them on is not productive in any way.

Greeks won't take that shit, which shows how out of tuch the European ruling class is. When I went to Zante they made the Italian tourists queue up for the bars while they let the Brits in, all because of the war. My boss went to Lyndos a while back too and said the boat trips used to stop short of the shore if they had German tourists aboard so they'd have to wade the rest of the way and get soaked. The Greeks are a proud people, I give it a few days, weeks at most, before there's epic unrest.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I want to see a change in the way capitalism, especially globalisation's influence on it, is structured. One thing's for sure, such a change won't be instigated here - in fact I expect London to be the last vestige of it if it's ever swept away.

The very nature of the battle means people will get hurt

Its the only language they understand.

This is just a tactically initiated plan to control people from the very top.

'you shower in southern europe have had it too easy you lazy cunts, time to start doing 40 hour weeks for next to nothing'