You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How Do We Persuade Torres and Gerrard To Stay?

Guest LFD

This has to be the priority for Kenny or the new manager.

It is essential that we get these two players to stay and ideally Mascherano.

How do we go about it? Do we give Gerrard more say in the club and who we buy?

Or do we simply say if you want to go then leave? as Carragher says we only want players who want to be here next seaosn.

Surely if anyone can persuade Gerrard to stay it is his hero Dalglish, that is why it might be a shrewd move to have him as manager in the short term at the very least to ensure we don't lose our best players.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the priority for Kenny or the new manager.

It is essential that we get these two players to stay and ideally Mascherano.

How do we go about it? Do we give Gerrard more say in the club and who we buy?

Or do we simply say if you want to go then leave? as Carragher says we only want players who want to be here next seaosn.

Surely if anyone can persuade Gerrard to stay it is his hero Dalglish, that is why it might be a shrewd move to have him as manager in the short term at the very least to ensure we don't lose our best players.

Pure Drugs!

1. Get rid of the owners

2. Luck our way into new owners who care long term about the club and have the funds to buy us out of all the debt we're in

3. Appoint a new manager with an impressive track record and vision for the club

4. Make at least a couple of good new signings to boost the team

5. Do all this before the start of July.

I'd be gutted if either left, but I can't say I'd blame 30-year-old Gerrard going to Madrid to win something.

The truth is that our club needs serious rebuilding, and he's getting into the autumn of his career. If he needs to go, he should go with our blessing.

As for Nando, I think he'll stay, at least for one more season - he has more years to plays with. No Champions League qualification next season, though, equals no more Nando.

That said, with RB gone, I wouldn't be surprised to see both disappearing through the door marked 'exit'. And who could blame them?

I would blame them.

I could understand why they would want to go hen Rafa was here, due to his baffling tactics, team selections, lack of motivation and getting the best out of the players.

However now under a new manager, they should be excited about the new challenge and what lies ahead.

Two or three shrewd buys and we can challenge for the title, in my opinion. They need to just get back to top form and help us achieve that aim, rather than leaving when the going gets tough. Gerrard only needs to look to Owen to see the grass isn't always greener.

I am hopeful Dalglish can persuade them both to stay if place in charge.

I would blame them.

I could understand why they would want to go hen Rafa was here, due to his baffling tactics, team selections, lack of motivation and getting the best out of the players.

However now under a new manager, they should be excited about the new challenge and what lies ahead.

Two or three shrewd buys and we can challenge for the title, in my opinion. They need to just get back to top form and help us achieve that aim, rather than leaving when the going gets tough. Gerrard only needs to look to Owen to see the grass isn't always greener.

THE CLUB IS FUCKED AND HASN'T GOT ANY MONEY!!!

I would blame them.

Bigger picture.

Involves lots of debt and tears.

Didn't you say the other day that you're expecting a title challenge next season or was that someone else?

Surely there can't be 2.......

Bigger picture.

Involves lots of debt and tears.

Didn't you say the other day that you're expecting a title challenge next season or was that someone else?

Surely there can't be 2.......

I do expect a title challenge next season - yes.

When you have Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres etc - I think we should expect that.

But we need to ensure we keep our best players, especially Gerrard and Torres.

We need a fully commited squad who will dig in rather than look for someone to blame. There's no room for self-pity and hard luck stories anymore. If anyone has any doubts they're no use to us and would do us a favour by coming out and admitting it now.

Wha........eh..............pffff...........llllllll....p.....p..................

*dies*

Well the same squad challenge two seasons ago, bar Alonso and Arebeloa. But I think Johnson is better than Arbeloa.

Two or three shrewd buys and I see no reason not to challenge, as long as we keep our best players, that is why Gerrard / Torres must be the priority for the new manager.

Club accountants are saying the financial situation is totally insolvent, we're in £351 million debt rising by £110,000 grand a day, we're run by 2 schysters who don't want to be here but whilst they're here they are going to suck as much life blood out of the club as they can, the managers just been sacked, our top players are seriously considering their futures and yet there are people who still think we should be challenging for the title next season.....

I need to go to bed.

Club accountants are saying the financial situation is totally insolvent, we're in £351 million debt rising by £110,000 grand a day, we're run by 2 schysters who don't want to be here but whilst they're here they are going to suck as much life blood out of the club as they can, the managers just been sacked, our top players are seriously considering their futures and yet there are people who still think we should be challenging for the title next season.....

I need to go to bed.

The two owners and the debt were here when Rafa challenged two seasons ago.

Last season we under performed on the pitch mainly down to Rafa - not the owners, which is why he had to go.

Yes we need new owners, but I think we have a good enough squad to challenge for the title, albeit with two or three shrewd buys and the new manager getting the best out of the players, something Rafa didn't do last season.

I'm not sure we can persuade them to stay. If they want to go they will. Stevie is more likely to go, given his age and probable interest from Mourinho/Real Madrid.

IF we can do some sort of player exchange then hopefully that will keep the money out of G&H hands. I'd like to see Benzema come in. Strong, fast, eye for goal. Has had an indifferent season but that's why Real Madrid may possibly let him go. If we got Benzema it would add a top striker to play with Nando, or, given Nando's injury record, or even the possibility that he could be off, we get a new man in early doors.

If Nando stays, fantastic. But if he goes, the possible suitors are limited. Chelsea will probably be favourites, though Inter shouldn't be discounted.

I'd be nervous at all that cash coming into the club, so again, I would try to do some sort of player exchange, simply to keep the money out of G&H pockets.

The players will know the score with new owners. IF that is far off, I think Stevie will be gone. Nando one more season at best, but unfortunately as fans there really is very little we can do to persuade either player.

what??LFD is right if you look at the playing staff right now

The two owners and the debt were here when Rafa challenged two seasons ago.

Last season we under performed on the pitch mainly down to Rafa - not the owners, which is why he had to go.

Yes we need new owners, but I think we have a good enough squad to challenge for the title, albeit with two or three shrewd buys and the new manager getting the best out of the players, something Rafa didn't do last season.

We're more likely to go into administration than challenge for the title next season.

What's it going to take to convince you people? The sale of Mascherano? The sale of Torres? The sale of Gerrard? Even then i don't think that would be enough for some of you.

It's comical all this now.

FAO the new manager - regardless of the debt, the parasites running the club whose priorities are about exit strategies and debt management and not what happens on the pitch, the more than probable sale of key players, the fractured and dispirited squad of players you'll have at your disposal, regardless of the paltry transfer budget you'll receive and the altogether uncertainty and gloom surrounding this new club of yours as it heads towards administration; regardless of all that, you've still got to somehow get your team to put in a title challenge.

Soz.

Thems the rules here, la.

But haven't both players said tey want to see new players brought into the club?

So surely that will be the deciding factor. If the new manager can get some new players it could persuade them to stay.

We don't necessarily need vast funds for that to happen with players like J. Cole on a free. Plus we do have some players that could raise some decent fees to improve the squad, such as Lucas, Kuyt, Babel, Reira etc.

I think if Gerrard sees the club looking to improve on the pitch he will stay.