You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England Squad

Carradona

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Barry, Carra and Warnock in

Hargreaves out

Heskey over Zamora?

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green

Defenders

Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock

Midfielders

Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips

Forwards

Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney

As a sidenote, here's the Spain squad:

Goalkeepers: Victor Valdes (Barcelona), Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Liverpool), David de Gea (Atletico Madrid), Diego Lopez (Villarreal).

Defenders: Carles Puyol, Gerard Pique (Barcelona) Alvaro Arbeloa, Raul Albiol, Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Cesar Azpilicueta (Osasuna), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Carlos Marchena (Valencia).

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Marcos Senna, Santi Cazorla (Villareal) David Silva, Juan Mata (Valencia), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Javi Martinez (Athletic Bilbao), Jesus Navas (Sevilla).

Forwards: Pedro (Barcelona), Dani Guiza (Fenerbache), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Alvaro Negredo (Sevilla), David Villa (Valencia).

------------

So much stronger than the england squad.

Once again England pull a blinder- Heskey over Zamora? Now, I'm not particularly interested in the national side, but I'm almost certain that Capello stated that form would get people into the national squad when there was that fuss over Owen constantly starting on the bench (ha!) for United. If that's correct- and I may be wrong here- then Heskey by that maxim shouldn't be anywhere near the side and Zamora can rightly feel gutted. Whatever your thoughts on Zamora, he's had a damn good season and fully deserved to be considered. He's not a natural goalscorer- but neither's Heskey. He's also got decent enough pace and is a physically strong player. People can't even point to experience in defence of Heskkey's inclusion, since he's never going to start a match anyway. So why not put in Zamora?

Absolutely made up for Warnock getting in there, he really deserves his place.

Anyway, fuck England. Out in the quarters, as per.

As a sidenote, here's the Spain squad:

Goalkeepers: Victor Valdes (Barcelona), Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Liverpool), David de Gea (Atletico Madrid), Diego Lopez (Villarreal).

Defenders: Carles Puyol, Gerard Pique (Barcelona) Alvaro Arbeloa, Raul Albiol, Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Cesar Azpilicueta (Osasuna), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Carlos Marchena (Valencia).

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Marcos Senna, Santi Cazorla (Villareal) David Silva, Juan Mata (Valencia), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Javi Martinez (Athletic Bilbao), Jesus Navas (Sevilla).

Forwards: Pedro (Barcelona), Dani Guiza (Fenerbache), Fernando Torres (Liverpool), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Alvaro Negredo (Sevilla), David Villa (Valencia).

------------

So much stronger than the england squad.

That squad is unbelievable. You could make two top teams out of that. No weaknesses at all, maybe at left back.

Casillas

Ramos Puyol Pique Capdevila

Pedro Xavi Alonso Iniesta

Villa Torres

Almost unfair.

Once again England pull a blinder- Heskey over Zamora? Now, I'm not particularly interested in the national side, but I'm almost certain that Capello stated that form would get people into the national squad when there was that fuss over Owen constantly starting on the bench (ha!) for United. If that's correct- and I may be wrong here- then Heskey by that maxim shouldn't be anywhere near the side and Zamora can rightly feel gutted. Whatever your thoughts on Zamora, he's had a damn good season and fully deserved to be considered. He's not a natural goalscorer- but neither's Heskey. He's also got decent enough pace and is a physically strong player. People can't even point to experience in defence of Heskkey's inclusion, since he's never going to start a match anyway. So why not put in Zamora?

Absolutely made up for Warnock getting in there, he really deserves his place.

Anyway, fuck England. Out in the quarters, as per.

I wouldn't be surprised if Capello starts with Heskey and Rooney upfront.

He shouldn't, as it should be Crouch in my opinion, but he did favour that partnership in the qualifiers.

Guest PurpleNose

Reina

Ramos Pique Puyol Capdevila

Silva Xavi Alonso Iniesta

Villa Torres

Casillas

Azpilicueta Marchena Albiol Arbeloa

Navas Fabregas Martinez Mata

Llorente Negredo

Valdes, De Gea, Lopez, Busquets, Senna, Cazorla, Pedro, Guiza.

Even if you disagree with a few of the players I've picked, that second team still looks strong enough to challenge.