You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"This is very interesting, because I did hear previously that a meeting did take place between SOS and Rafa Benitez and Rafa was not very complimentary of Kenny Dalglish."

Its a rumour doing the rounds. It may not be true of course.....heard the rumour on another forum ...............I am only passing on something that I heard a few weeks ago and it may not be true so don't shoot the messenger

Edited by sunny777

I'm pretty sure I can remember Dougie Do'ins confirming that the meeting took place but that it had been agreed no minutes would be taken/published.

Apologies to Dougie if I have remembered the wrong poster.

You defo have me mixed up with someone else. This is the first I've heard of this meeting.

You defo have me mixed up with someone else. This is the first I've heard of this meeting.

Apologies mate, I am certain someone from SOS confirmed on here a meeting had taken place between 'senior members' of the commitee and Rafa and it had been agreed no minutes would be taken/published.

Thinking about it I think it was longer ago than March, has there been more than one meeting between SOS and Rafa?

Me too. The only time that I was aware that SOS met with Rafa was back in Sept '08.

Apologies mate, I am certain someone from SOS confirmed on here a meeting had taken place between 'senior members' of the commitee and Rafa and it had been agreed no minutes would be taken/published.

Thinking about it I think it was longer ago than March, has there been more than one meeting between SOS and Rafa?

This would tie in with what I was thinking, were minutes published following that meeting?

"This is very interesting, because I did hear previously that a meeting did take place between SOS and Rafa Benitez and Rafa was not very complimentary of Kenny Dalglish."

Its a rumour doing the rounds. It may not be true of course.....heard the rumour on another forum ...............I am only passing on something that I heard a few weeks ago and it may not be true so don't shoot the messenger

Tell you what, your English hasn't half improved, suspiciously so.

As far as I'm aware, there has only ever been one meeting with Rafa and SOS. As StevieH has mentioned Sept 08.

Rafa isn't a stupid man, surely he would know better than to be uncomplimentary about Dalglish to SOS.

Purslow yes, I can imagine Rafa would be very uncomplimentary towards him but Dalglish, well, he has just signed his own death warrant if there is anything to substantiate it.

I have just checked my emails from Spirit of Shankly, and the only emails that I received from them in March were to do with the AGM, The Football Quarter, interest from The Rhone Group and Direct Action for the Sunderland game.

Surely if there was a meeting to be held with Rafa Benitez, then an email would have been sent round informing members with the opportunity to email questions to be asked just like they did with Purslow?

Were minutes published following this meeting? It would explain my confusion if they weren't.

I have just checked my emails from Spirit of Shankly, and the only emails that I received from them in March were to do with the AGM, The Football Quarter, interest from The Rhone Group and Direct Action for the Sunderland game.

Surely if there was a meeting to be held with Rafa Benitez, then an email would have been sent round informing members with the opportunity to email questions to be asked just like they did with Purslow?

Do you have any idea if minutes were published following the meeting in September 08?

I can not find anything on the SOS website, only meetings with Parry.

Do you have any idea if minutes were published following the meeting in September 08?

I can not find anything on the SOS website, only meetings with Parry.

I don't think there were minutes published from the meeting with Rafa Benitez back in 2008. The article I posted above is all I could find.

I would be very interested to read any minutes from meetings from Rafa Benitez back then or indeed recently.

The interest from the Rhone Group was the main story back in March.

If that is true then Rafa is skating on thin ice!!

However, I cannot believe that Rafa would criticise a club legend in front of the Spirit of Shankly Supporters Union. If he did then I am sure that word would have got out before now.

Guest the boy
If that is true then Rafa is skating on thin ice!!

Except it isn't, is it, because the meeting never took place, did it?