You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats the plan for after the game? Pending available shower facilities I might stay after to watch the cup final, but since i'm driving etc you know the rest.

I'll deffo be in town during the night mind

There is a changing room, and the plan will be to dive into the nearest decent sized boozer for the game. Those with cars will have to wait till the night out part of it for a bevy because drink driving just isn't cool. So a mini afternoon drink and then everyone can go home, put their going out gear on and return for a evening on the ale.

Each team will have an extra player as I have two lads coming down, Josh and Jay, both tidy little players and both content with 45 minutes each. I asked these lads about 3 weeks ago as I as stressing we wouldn't get the numbers.

Guest simon

Ok so Dan where do you want me to meet you? And when like. If you still dont mind picking us up that is. Cheers for this saves me allot of hassle like.

There's other lads who have actually played TLW footy (Rory, Jonny and Nige being three examples) who would have been up for this, but haven't been asked because we were sound for numbers, so it's a bit of out of order that these two lads can just turn up and get a game in my opinion. We've always been sound for numbers as well.

There is a changing room, and the plan will be to dive into the nearest decent sized boozer for the game. Those with cars will have to wait till the night out part of it for a bevy because drink driving just isn't cool. So a mini afternoon drink and then everyone can go home, put their going out gear on and return for a evening on the ale.

Each team will have an extra player as I have two lads coming down, Josh and Jay, both tidy little players and both content with 45 minutes each. I asked these lads about 3 weeks ago as I as stressing we wouldn't get the numbers.

Sounds good

There's other lads who have actually played TLW footy (Rory, Jonny and Nige being three examples) who would have been up for this, but haven't been asked because we were sound for numbers, so it's a bit of out of order that these two lads can just turn up and get a game in my opinion. We've always been sound for numbers as well.

Well I was making sure they we got the numbers as I didn't want to look like a dickhead if we didn't get enough, and I have paid for the pitch so didn't want to lose that money.

I am pretty sure I text you asking could you get others if we were short, you didn't get back to me, I am not sure if you are using another number now or not. And I had spoken to Rory and Johnny in work, as well as Cain. I am sure they are celebrating the end of exams tomorrow. If they want to come down and play, they can have my place.

People like Simon were originally struggling to get down, whilst Magic Sponge was struggling for boots until yesterday when I spoke to him, so you can see why I spoke to lads I was confident I could rely on. I think the three you have mentioned are sound lads, there was no malice in what I have done. It is not exactly out of order now is it?

It is four quid each, it has cost 35 for the pitch, 15 for the ref and I will have to sort out getting the kits washed as well. Going to give the two lads who brought the kits money to get that sorted. Anything left over will go towards our TIA game, a free Thursday game or whatever people decide

Well I was making sure they we got the numbers as I didn't want to look like a dickhead if we didn't get enough, and I have paid for the pitch so didn't want to lose that money.

I am pretty sure I text you asking could you get others if we were short, you didn't get back to me, I am not sure if you are using another number now or not. And I had spoken to Rory and Johnny in work, as well as Cain. I am sure they are celebrating the end of exams tomorrow. If they want to come down and play, they can have my place.

People like Simon were originally struggling to get down, whilst Magic Sponge was struggling for boots until yesterday when I spoke to him, so you can see why I spoke to lads I was confident I could rely on. I think the three you have mentioned are sound lads, there was no malice in what I have done. It is not exactly out of order now is it?

We've not once looked like we weren't going to get enough people though, Mark. There were like 30 odd people on the list at one point. I spoke to you weeks ago on the way to footy, saying I could get the two lads who've played a few times with us if they were needed. Jonny and Rory aren't going to come down and take you're place, as they aren't like that, but they would have played if they had been asked, but they were fully aware that we had plenty of people on the list, so there wasn't room.

I'm not saying there was any malice in it, but I do think it's a bit out of order, yes. That's nothing against the two lads you're bringing down, or you personally, but I've always been like this, even over Thursday footy.

EDIT: But I do appreciate you sorting this out though, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that.

I'll bail if you wish boys? I was only a sub anyway.

I'm with Woo, people who've played before should take precedence and i've not appeared at any TLW footie so its laughing. I honestly dont mind.

I'll still come and meet some of you in the night though.

I'll bail if you wish boys? I was only a sub anyway.

I'm with Woo, people who've played before should take precedence and i've not appeared at any TLW footie so its laughing. I honestly dont mind.

I'll still come and meet some of you in the night though.

Nah Mick it's sound mate. Everything's sorted now.

Can all our team make sure they are there and changed for at very latest 10:30am, I want to do a half hour training session, I will be liasing with Mark who has his Uefa badges to prepare this, NO EXCUSES.

I'll be arriving at 10:45 with my big fuck off head phones and massive bag*

*Joke gaffa

Go home? Go fucking home and get changed??? Fuck that mate once I'm out I'm out till I fall down, no going home for me!!