You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

All I can say is I hope that Skyler is killed off painfully and quickly very soon.

I can see it happening in the way that Jhinge Maccha alludes to on the previous page. As much of a bitch as she is, I think the show would be better for her continued existence. The more balls that Walt has to juggle, the more compelling it is.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I still maintain the points I made after last weeks episode. Another enthralling and brilliant 45 minutes of tele but I still have a nagging concern regarding the pacing of the show in this two eight episode format. Without wanting to overally repeat myself, it fitted the 13 episode format epically. But I'm just unsure, half way through this eight, how they can ramp it up for the obviously desired cliffhanger moment in just four episodes time.

Just watched this weeks instalment.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Like some of the rest of you I reckon Skyler is done. The swimming pool thing gives him an out, suspect he's going to try and make it look like she killed herself.

I love the red herrings in the show - never goes for the obvious. The evidence that was dislodged by the magnet will probably lead to nothing, as will Hank's investigations.

The evidence dislodged by the magnet led the police to freeze the offshore accounts for Mike and his men, forcing him back into business with Walt & Jesse

The goddamn sports cars? That was awful I thought. The rest was ace.

I thought it was perfectly consistent with Walt's growing hubris. Such a car was inconceivable for his last birthday, he simply wasn't that type of man. The fact that it was seeing his hat - and with it, his alter ego Heisenberg - that triggered it made it work for me. I also think they're drawing Walt JR closer to him for a big payoff in the final episode of this season.

I thought it was perfectly consistent with Walt's growing hubris. Such a car was inconceivable for his last birthday, he simply wasn't that type of man. The fact that it was seeing his hat - and with it, his alter ego Heisenberg - that triggered it made it work for me. I also think they're drawing Walt JR closer to him for a big payoff in the final episode of this season.

It was perfectly justified, sure. But the crazy camera and the dubstep threw me off. Was pretty lame I thought. Glad its just me though.

the whole watch and time references were unreal at the end, we know now that he definately lives for another year, and him putting the watch in skylers face and you can hear the clock in the background ticking throughout,
whereas she thinks its gonna come back and kill him as she puts the cig into his birthday cup

quality

Also regarding the sports car, it was only a few months back when she made Walt Jr return the one that his Dad bought him but now Walt knows he has Skyler under his control so he can buy his son that car without any reaper cushions.

I actually think Skylar will be Walt's undoing in the end, somehow. And at the start of the first episode of the season...

...Walt was taking his medicine again, suggesting the cancer has returned?

Also regarding the sports car, it was only a few months back when she made Walt Jr return the one that his Dad bought him but now Walt knows he has Skyler under his control so he can buy his son that car without any repercussions.

I think that is exactly right.

Edited by thesouthafrican
spelling

So, how close is this getting to the "Greatest of all time" moniker for everyone?

Also, how many people do you know that watch this and you can talk to it about in person?

Very close for me. I only know one person who's ever seen it, someone I used to work with who I don't see anymore so nobody.

So, how close is this getting to the "Greatest of all time" moniker for everyone?

Impossible to say as it ain't finished yet. I've learnt that from Lost and that twatting 'Across the Sea' episode.

Also, how many people do you know that watch this and you can talk to it about in person?

Like most good American tv shows shockingly few. 4 that are upto date, 2 that are way behind.

Lost doesn't come close to BB for me. I completely gave up on it after season 2, just became shite. BB is utterly believable and utterly fucking class.

Different types of shows obviously. Just making the point that a series can be made or broke by how it wraps itself up.

What a fucking episode - the tension was unbearable as they were finishing the job, and although the expectation was they would pull it off, the ending was harrowingly awful. The young guy from the pest company is clearly more on Walt's twisted wavelength than Jessie, who like Lem in The Shield has become the show's moral compass.

This will drive a huge wedge between Walt and Jessie - my money is on Mike finding out how Walt used the other kid to get to Fring and informing Jessie.

The gun that Walt buys at the beginning is for Jessie.

Monday mornings won't be the same in 3 weeks