You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

I've got the memory of a goldfish at times so can someone explain...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

what was going on with the ricin cigarette? Obviously it turned out to be salt and I remember Walt making it for Jesse to knock Gus off with. Though why would he put salt in it if that's why he did it in the first place? I remember there was something to do with the child of the girl Jesse was seeing in the last season and Jesse thought the child had got hold of the ricin. How did it end up in the hoover? Confused me, all that.

Wow,what an episode absolutely brilliant tv. If you dont watch this you are missing out on the best series on television by eons.

We should start a separate thread on this season 5 because too many people are revealing the plot and those nsfw tags dont work on forum runner for those that havent seen it.

I've got the memory of a goldfish at times so can someone explain...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

what was going on with the ricin cigarette? Obviously it turned out to be salt and I remember Walt making it for Jesse to knock Gus off with. Though why would he put salt in it if that's why he did it in the first place? I remember there was something to do with the child of the girl Jesse was seeing in the last season and Jesse thought the child had got hold of the ricin. How did it end up in the hoover? Confused me, all that.

Walt gave Jesse the cigarette with Ricin in. It was Ricin. In the last episode of Season 4 Huell stole it from Jesse. In Ep.1 Saul gave the cigarette back to Walt. Walt switched the Ricin for salt. While they were searching Jesse's, Walt dropped the Cigarette in front of the Roomba. However, he still has the Ricin hidden in his house.

Walt gave Jesse the cigarette with Ricin in. It was Ricin. In the last episode of Season 4 Huell stole it from Jesse. In Ep.1 Saul gave the cigarette back to Walt. Walt switched the Ricin for salt. While they were searching Jesse's, Walt dropped the Cigarette in front of the Roomba. However, he still has the Ricin hidden in his house.

But they still haven't explained how he got the poison to the kid, right? Also, where did the kid and his mum go? Also, what was the point of switching the ricin for salt?

This show makes me feel very stupid.

I think it was hinted that one of Saul's lackeys poisoned the kid, somehow. Re: The ricin, we'll probably be seeing it again. Chekhov's gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought that Walt used some berry's to poison the kid?

I thought that Walt used some berry's to poison the kid?

yeah, he used the lily of the valley plant that was in his back garden. the ricin was never used, walt hid it so jesse would assume gus stole it from him to poison the kid. but the way he hid that unused ricin in his house, i expect it to come to use later in the season-maybe his daughter finds it? hopefully though he poisons skylar with that , hate her character for some reason. shes got great boobies though

Just watched episode 3.

Can see this series going a few ways, either a face off with Mike, Hank twigging and catching him or a point where the family are all gone and he's totally on his own. Scarface being featured must be meant to mean something.

Just watched episode 3.

Can see this series going a few ways, either a face off with Mike, Hank twigging and catching him or a point where the family are all gone and he's totally on his own. Scarface being featured must be meant to mean something.

He's gonna have to whack Skyler sooner than later. She can't handle it and it's only a matter of time before she goes to Hank.

He's gonna have to whack Skyler sooner than later. She can't handle it and it's only a matter of time before she goes to Hank.

Now she's started smoking again, the ricin that Walt hid could come into play, again. I hope not as I'll be damned if, after 5 seasons, they'll rob me of the pleasure of watching Walt kill her with his bare hands.

That Scarface sequence was strange, I was sure it was a dream because if ever something was the polar opposite of BB, it is Scarface. Also, Walt doesn't strike me as the type of parent who'd let his son watch it, never mind his infant daughter.

That episode really oozed quality. 25 minutes just dedicated to logistics and details.

Guest ShoePiss
How do you do this worksafe thing? I have questions that need to be answered....

See the NSFW button to the left of Tube, R and L? Click it then type in between ]like this[

See the NSFW button to the left of Tube, R and L? Click it then type in between ]like this[

Ta..

The bit at the end where Walt refers to "flying too close to the sun - a clear marker for Jessie? Walt clearly feels he can run the whole operation himself and obviously still hasn't built up enough cash - so will he move on both Jessie and Mike by the end of the series to take a full slice of the pie?

Also the Hank thing is interesting - he is going to find out soon I feel and Walt will have to kill him to survive - he doesn't seem to have a problem with taking these decisions.

Also, it is true that there are only 8 episiodes this year??

Ta..

The bit at the end where Walt refers to "flying too close to the sun - a clear marker for Jessie? Walt clearly feels he can run the whole operation himself and obviously still hasn't built up enough cash - so will he move on both Jessie and Mike by the end of the series to take a full slice of the pie?

Also the Hank thing is interesting - he is going to find out soon I feel and Walt will have to kill him to survive - he doesn't seem to have a problem with taking these decisions.

Also, it is true that there are only 8 episiodes this year??

I'd say that the flying too close to the sun remarks was firmly labelled as a precursor to a showdown between him and Walt and like the previous season Walt is playing on the emotional side of Jessie to get him on his side.

He's already done that earlier in the episode by forcing the issue with Andrea without ever seeming like he was forcing the issue to Jessie.

Walter White is now no longer Walter White, he is Heisenberg. He does what he needs to do to protect himself, firstly and growingly more importantly so, and his family and doesn't really care who beyond that he physically or emotionally takes advantage of.

The whole conversation with Marie in that episode showed the manipulative fucker that he has become. Walter White was a a schoole teacher, Heisenberg is a psychopath.

It is only 8 episodes long this part of the final season and that is something that I have had a growing amount of discontent for. The last 3 seasons have been beautifully paced and scripted so that story lines don't just disappear but are dealt with in a timely manner. Things are brought to ahead at what seems a normal, understandable time for them to be so. It perfectly fitted the 13 episode time frame. I'm just concerned that the ending of episode 8 could be a slight limbo in the grand scheme of the show as the time to deal with the fall out of season four and the to progress the story isn't that great to have a 'what the fuck/awesome' moment but the lay out of it would suggest otherwise.

I have, however, complete and utter faith in the ability of Vince Gilligan to get it right but I just can't shake them thoughts.

That entire last scene was so beautifully shot and instructive. Loved the imagery of watching the table full of money gradually dwindling down, and the close-up of Walt's hand slamming down on his percentage as Mike tries to take more, establishing the series's central conflict.`Then the not-so thinly veiled threat.

It doesn't get much better than that.

I love the red herrings in the show - never goes for the obvious. The evidence that was dislodged by the magnet will probably lead to nothing, as will Hank's investigations.

Getting Mike involved is a dangerous step, as surely he will be watched like a hawk.

The flash foward at the start was brilliant , as you know that weapen could be for any number of people. Could do a worksafe poll?

My thinking is that the cancer will finish Walt - it has been quiet for too long.

Will mourn this show when it finishes.