You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 year old boy killed by dog

acks

Trust women to complicate bringing a bastard dog up. It's pretty fucking simple. You look after a dog. Give it attention. Make sure it's healthy and happy. Feed it right. And you make sure it knows it's place from an early age. I let my dog sleep on my bed, or lie down on the couch, but you can be sure if I ever tell it to get off, because someone else wants to sit on it, I don't even have to raise my voice. I tell her once, and she does it straight away. It's that easy. Train them and treat them right, and they will be brilliant pets.

Or maybe the Dog senses that like it's culture may be to be aggressive, my culture literally eats Dog's for breakfast.

It's probably more to do with the fact that your mutt is a complete pussy. I vaguely remember when you first started posting on here, and you did a thread about a poodle beating the crap out of your big gay dog, and you were crying and everything.

PS. AVEEZ, I'm hearing you. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the dogs its the dickheads who bring them up.

There are kids round here who get there dog to hang off the wooden back fences.

I've seen one chewing and ragging a fucking wheelie bin around while loads of them stood round it antagonising the poor animal.

So I was a dickhead because my dog turned on me? I may have been soft with it, letting it up on the sofa or sleeping in my bedroom, but millions of dog owners could say the same.

Liz, I'm sure he meant the nobhead owners like the ones that have been discussed in the thread, who treat their dogs poorly and train them up to fight etc. It's dead easy to be too soft with dogs, as they're awesome, and in most cases you class them as part of the family, so you spoil them and treat them as an equal. If you don't enjoy having a dog, then it's a pointless exercise really.

Liz, I'm sure he meant the nobhead owners like the ones that have been discussed in the thread, who treat their dogs poorly and train them up to fight etc. It's dead easy to be too soft with dogs, as they're awesome, and in most cases you class them as part of the family, so you spoil them and treat them as an equal. If you don't enjoy having a dog, then it's a pointless exercise really.

Is that something that the toddler having its face chewed can take solace in?

"Yeah, I'm getting eaten alive but at least the owner didn't deliberately let it turn into a nutter, they were just soft".

I agree with you about enjoying having a dog but then I also see things a little like Tom; in that if we keep dogs around then they will attack people every now and again.

"Yeah, I'm getting eaten alive but at least the owner didn't deliberately let it turn into a nutter, they were just soft".

I agree with you about enjoying having a dog but then I also see things a little like Tom; in that if we keep dogs around then they will attack people every now and again.

No, I didn't say it was.

Like I said, I'm personally not too soft with mine. I make sure it knows it's place, and judging by my dog's behaviour, I think (well I know, but I don't want to appear too big headed over it) I've done a a good job of raising the dog.

However, I can see the temptation in just spoiling the dog and thinking that keeping it happy will stop it from ever turning on someone. And obviously, there will be the odd case where it may be totally out of character, when a previously well behaved dog will turn.

But you find with the vast majority of these cases, that it's a case of the dog being mistreated, and not being disciplined/raised properly, which vastly increase the chances of a violent outburst on the dog's part, because it's not been taught right from wrong.

It's the same with anything isn't it? It's just the odds.

Every year in the UK at least 4 people die putting on a pair of trousers!! That's a genuine statistic!

Do we now ban trousers? "License" them perhaps?

I know a dog attacking somebody isn't really an "accident", per se - like putting on a pair of trousers is - but it's similar in that if the numbers are large enough (almost everyone owns some trousers!) then the odds of bad shit happening increase!

Also, did you know that this summer alone four people were killed by COWS!

Fucking COWS!

Seriously.

Bad shit happens all the time. You can't just ban everything on earth until it stops.

It's the same with anything isn't it? It's just the odds.

Every year in the UK at least 4 people die putting on a pair of trousers!! That's a genuine statistic!

Do we now ban trousers? "License" them perhaps?

I know a dog attacking somebody isn't really an "accident", per se - like putting on a pair of trousers is - but it's similar in that if the numbers are large enough (almost everyone owns some trousers!) then the odds of bad shit happening increase!

Also, did you know that this summer alone four people were killed by COWS!

Fucking COWS!

Seriously.

Bad shit happens all the time. You can't just ban everything on earth until it stops.

I cant help but feel if it was your kid your opinion would be different.

I agree in someways a licence might not work but what else can be done.

Please come up with an idea that will work as dogs will not be banned

Of course his attitude would be different if it was his child. But it isn't and if you look at it from an outsiders point of view it is an accident. Dogs shouldn't be left unattended with children anyway

In no way am I refuting that. What he say makes total sense and I dont mean any offence by suggesting what i said, but something needs to be done and I would just like to know his opinion on what should be done that id possible.

I cant help but feel if it was your kid your opinion would be different.

I agree in someways a licence might not work but what else can be done.

Please come up with an idea that will work as dogs will not be banned

You're missing the point.

NOTHING, and i mean absolutely NOTHING can ever guarantee prevention against tragic accidents!

Tragic accidents by their very nature, are exactly that: Accidental. Tragic, yes, but accidental nonetheless.

I'm not being blase about some kid being mauled to death here, it's fucking heart breaking, but you can't ever truly guarantee that things like this won't happen. It has always happened and it will continue to happen for as long as the human race doesn't just sit quietly and perfectly still, wrapped in bubble wrap, in a sealed box on ventilators being fed through to tubes a la The Matrix.

Absolutely tragic that. It really is.

I know people are saying "I had a Staff/Rotty etc. and she/he was fine with us...", but in my opinion (I'm entitled to it) they should just ban all dogs like that. Just get rid of the fuckers. I hate them. The likes of Border collie labrador jack russel etc can stay. One death is too many.

Absolutely tragic that. It really is.

I know people are saying I had a Staff/Rotty etc. and she/he was fine with us, but in my opinion (I'm entitled to it) they should just ban all dogs like that. Just get rid of the fuckers. I hate them. The likes of Border collie labrador jack russel etc can stay. One death is too many.

What!?!?

Get rid of Staff's, but let the Jack Russell's survive?

What happened to you, Hooch? You used to be cool.

In no way am I refuting that. What he say makes total sense and I dont mean any offence by suggesting what i said, but something needs to be done and I would just like to know his opinion on what should be done that id possible.

I'd gladly lay out some nice rump steak with a drizzling of rat poison for all the dogs that wonder the streets round here if that helps?

You're missing the point.

NOTHING, and i mean absolutely NOTHING can ever guarantee prevention against tragic accidents!

Tragic accidents by their very nature, are exactly that: Accidental. Tragic, yes, but accidental nonetheless.

I'm not being blase about some kid being mauled to death here, it's fucking heart breaking, but you can't ever truly guarantee that things like this won't happen. It has always happened and it will continue to happen for as long as the human race doesn't just sit quietly and perfectly still, wrapped in bubble wrap, in a sealed box on ventilators being fed through to tubes a la The Matrix.

Very true Tom and that was the reason I said a licence for dogs may work for example

Say you want a normal everyday dog like a Lab then you would pay £100 but if you want something which can kill and is classed as a danger dog then knock the price up to a large amout like £900 then maybe scalies wouldnt buy the things as a wepon.

Yes ALL dogs can be trained to be bad but I doubt you would see a gangs on scalls with jack russles or kern terriers.

It would take alot of work and maybe included all dogs should need to be registed but I dont think its right that lads should be allowed these types of dogs and treat them the way they do.

Im with you tho mate accidents happen but they can also be prevented.

What!?!?

Get rid of Staff's, but let the Jack Russell's survive?

What happened to you, Hooch? You used to be cool.

I thought Jack Russels were the little farty things? If they're known for aggressiveness thay can go too.

I'm still cool Woo, honest, thats why I listen to Del Amitri.

Very true Tom and that was the reason I said a licence for dogs may work for example

Say you want a normal everyday dog like a Lab then you would pay £100 but if you want something which can kill and is classed as a danger dog then knock the price up to a large amout like £900 then maybe scalies wouldnt buy the things as a wepon.

Yes ALL dogs can be trained to be bad but I doubt you would see a gangs on scalls with jack russles or kern terriers.

It would take alot of work and maybe included all dogs should need to be registed but I dont think its right that lads should be allowed these types of dogs and treat them the way they do.

That would just increase the crime rate though, as they would rob the extra dough needed, innit?

So I was a dickhead because my dog turned on me? I may have been soft with it, letting it up on the sofa or sleeping in my bedroom, but millions of dog owners could say the same.

Any dog can turn, what happened to you happened to my mate's mum when he was tiny.

Thats jealousy with the baby from the dog.

Its different snarling and savaging a kid to death.

i can sort of see what you're saying here, but all you're really doing is putting a price on a dog. You're not ever going to stop a perfectly lovely dog just one day turning. See Liz's example. She might have just paid her £900, but it wouldn't have made a blind jot of difference to the situation with her much loved and previously well behaved dog, would it?

No piece of paper, or massive price tag can legislate against animal instinct.

Besides, In fairness to the "scallies" who own big dogs, whenever you hear these child-mauling stories, it's generally "friendly, loving househould pet acting out of character" etc etc.

It's rarely some chav cunt who abuses teh shit out of his poor animal that gets it, is it.

Aye, I agree mate. That could work, I'd be willing to pay that to keep hold of my dog if it meant the scrotes will have to fork out for their fashion accesory/weapon.

It would be nigh on impossiblt to police though as well.

How many millions of dogs are there in this country??

FFS there are estimated almost a million uninsured drivers on the roads. If they can't police that, then how do you police a dog licence?

Forget it.