You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking jury service!

Red Mist

I've been called up to serve as a juror. I didn't mind at first as I thought it would be good to get away from work for a few weeks, but that was when I was under the assumption the court will cover my FULL loss of earnings (since my employer does not pay you while on jury service, very few employers do).

Imagine my horror when I read their shitty expenses breakdown. Less than 4 hours a day service and you get a pissy £31.52 a day. Wtf?

What kind of a cunting system is this where you potentially suffer a huge loss of earnings for public duty and don't get adequately reimbursed?

I need ideas to get out of this shit, I doubt "I can't afford it" will suffice...

Dear Mr Summoning Officer (I suspect you are a man, as if they'd let women do something important like this!),

Thank you for the invitation to perform jury service. I can't wait to help send some scumbag down. I bet they are black. They normally are. Or Jewish. Or Muslim. Or some shifty cockney barrow boy.

Anyway, can't wait.

Mr Redmist

My mate's doing it in February and, as a council employee, he gets full pay for the whole thing. I'd fucking love to do it, dull though it may often be. I'd just like to feel like I was part of the justice system for a while.

Dont knock it you could get off for 2-3 weeks for juicy trial if you are picked. I was on a jury for rape trial she was a sportster, wanker went down after he pleaded guilty half way through, but I had his number before he chickened out. As with most rape trials Jury heavily loaded with women/girls apparently they look on victims of rape as probably deserving what happened to them. From memory he was a weedy little bastard.

Dont knock it you could get off for 2-3 weeks for juicy trial if you are picked. I was on a jury for rape trial she was a sportster, wanker went down after he pleaded guilty half way through, but I had his number before he chickened out. As with most rape trials Jury heavily loaded with women/girls apparently they look on victims of rape as probably deserving what happened to them. From memory he was a weedy little bastard.

What does that mean?

Dear Mr Summoning Officer (I suspect you are a man, as if they'd let women do something important like this!),

Thank you for the invitation to perform jury service. I can't wait to help send some scumbag down. I bet they are black. They normally are. Or Jewish. Or Muslim. Or some shifty cockney barrow boy.

Anyway, can't wait.

Mr Redmist

repped

• 1 month later...

This sucks balls. I've been there 3 days now and not even been on one fucking case. I was called up TWICE today to serve on the jury and on both occasions they sent me packing. Once you get into the courtroom, they randomly select 10 cunts out of the 14 jurors to serve - on both occasions I missed the cut and was told to politely fuck off.

The worst thing is, some of the people they selected were right mongs. Some could barely speak a word of English, others had blatant mental and physical disabilities - one was practically blind!

If you're not selected to serve in the jury you spend the day sitting around the lounge area where there is fuck all to do, and you're not even allowed to leave the court except for lunch times, or when you're told you're no longer needed.

This has been the most boring 3 days of my life. I'm giving this shit till Wednesday. If I'm not selected on a jury by then, I'm gonna tell the court to fuck off and I'm going back to work.