You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani

ReddOrDedd

Aquilani is a crock, he's Harry Kewell MK II just more expensive. We'll get a couple of games from him here and there and then when he starts looking like a player he'll sit out of the team for a few months a la Kewell and the cycle repeats again. His injury record at our club is not an aberration it's the trend.

Parker, Defour, Hazard, Javi Martinez. Good central midfielders are out there and all would cost less than £20m. But it would need Macia to actually go and LOOK at players rather than ring up an unlicensed Italian agent and send some business his way on the basis that he is a 'mate' and a 'fixer'. It's gross incompetence at the very very best, and that's being extremely charitable to the way we conduct our business.

He's a winger. If you're talking about Edin Hazard who plays for Lille.

Its an example of Benitez being in total control of transfers. A truely shocking transfer and I feel for Aquilani who is yet another of benitez's scapegoats.

Like I said, I wouldnt give benitez any cash for transfers if we dont sack him off at the end of the season. He should be told sell the crap you've bought to fund any purchases.

He shouldnt have any trouble making a profit on these sales since everyone tells us benitez makes a profit.

Repeat-R-R-Fucking Repeat,

Yeah, aquilani out of thursday's game.

Aquilani out of Euro clash - Liverpool FC

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Parker, Defour, Hazard, Javi Martinez. Good central midfielders are out there and all would cost less than £20m. But it would need Macia to actually go and LOOK at players rather than ring up an unlicensed Italian agent and send some business his way on the basis that he is a 'mate' and a 'fixer'. It's gross incompetence at the very very best, and that's being extremely charitable to the way we conduct our business.

So your saying we signed AA on the sayso of an unlicensed Italian agent without anyone from the club actually seeing him play?

So your saying we signed AA on the sayso of an unlicensed Italian agent without anyone from the club actually seeing him play?

I dont know whether that's true or said in jest but, we havent learnt a single thing from the past have we?

Honestly, buying a player with a very poor fitness record and for a second equal highest transfer fee?

Come on, even benitez's biggest proponents must admit he fucked up again.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to add 'in my opinion'! :whistle:

Guest Pistonbroke
And not for the first time; Jesus, it's only 18 months since the last 20 million pound abortion. Not good.

The amount of money our club has wasted on certain transfers over the last 10 odd years is a disgrace. We are being bled from all angles it seems.

I would'nt be surprised if that was the case but one thing you can be sure of like Dossena rafa never seen him play before buying him, when could he, the lad has barely kicked a ball in the last 4 years, given his injuries what he cost lack of availability and our current situation its been pound for pound the worst signing in the clubs history.

I would'nt be surprised if that was the case but one thing you can be sure of like Dossena rafa never seen him play before buying him, when could he, the lad has barely kicked a ball in the last 4 years, given his injuries what he cost lack of availability and our current situation its been pound for pound the worst signing in the clubs history.

The four seasons before joining us he played 108 club games and some for Italy.

I can understand a club taking a risk on him,but not us.

We have no cash for player's so us buying him is a fuck up of the highest order.

The likes of the Chavs or City then yes but they can afford the risk.

When do you think we saw him play?

Do you think Rafa saw him play "live" himself?

If not would it not be gross negligence and therefor a sackable offense considering the money involved in the deal?

If not would it not be gross negligence and therefor a sackable offense considering the money involved in the deal?

Not really. He's employed Macia to be responsible for selecting players. You could class it as incompetance on Macia's part for sure.

Not really. He's employed Macia to be responsible for selecting players. You could class it as incompetance on Macia's part for sure.

I guess everyone have heard the story about how we signed Mascherano, do you think Rafa went all this way to secure this signing or even any way at all?

Alberto Aquilani has been ruled out of Liverpool's Europa League clash with Benfica, manager Rafael Benitez today confirmed.

The Italian international sustained an ankle injury in training this morning and won't be with the Reds' squad which flies to Lisbon later today.

"He will not be available for this game," said Benitez. "He had a problem with his ankle this morning and we have to fix it.

"It doesn't seem too serious but it's the same ankle as before and so we'll have to analyse the situation carefully."

Benitez also confirmed defender Martin Kelly will undergo a knee operation today which will rule him out of action for the rest of the season.

Surely the best time to "analyse the situation carefully" was while he was still playing/on the treatment table for his previous club.

Read this

Secret Diary of a Liverpool Scout: Amazon.co.uk: Simon Hughes: Books

I have no idea whether Benitez does/doesn't sign players if he hasn't seen them live.

If he does he'd be in good company. Its wasn't a particularly unusual practice even 40 years ago.

I'd have assumed an all round football deity like yourself wouldn't be ignorant of something like that.

I guess everyone have heard the story about how we signed Mascherano, do you think Rafa went all this way to secure this signing or even any way at all?

I haven't got the faintest idea. Going by how Rafa can't seem to figure out how best to use him, I suppose the logical assumption is that Rafa just went with Macia on this one. You'd think he would have learnt by now.