You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For years Owen expressed his profound admiration for Ferguson while he never praised any Liverpool manager. Man Utd did not want him when he came back from RM and I find it difficult to believe they want him now - despite the distressed selling price. Perhaps the so-called "tentative talks" are about horses.

However, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Ferguson is soley doing this because he thinks it would get on Benitez's back. Whereas Rafa wont care less. I firmly believe that Ferguson is totally obsessed with Rafa and is dreading the idea of retiring with Liverpool champions.

Kenny will sort that cunt out.

With Owen as he is now in this situation I am thinking what if he goes on an injury free run? He could turn out to be a steel for someone and if it is United he stays free of injuries I would be gutted as he will score goals (I would be more than happy for Rafa to take a gamble on him). Without meaning to sound bitter if he does sign for them I hope he remains a croc so we don't regret things and they do. Imagine he earned them key points to overhaul our title record, how would people look back at his time with us?

Laurent Blanc was definitely in his prime...

No he wasn't...

He was still a quality defender even at 35 and was by no means "finished".

Larsson?

Scored 2 goals in 8 games, which extrapolates to 9-10 goals in a season. Not a high return for a striker but a good indicator he was not "finished", more that he was 'useful'.

Because his transfer record is 100% perfect isn't it?

No.

If Owen did sign for the mancs it pretty much confirms everythig I've ever thought about his character.

You mean he's ambitious, I presume?

If 1000 players were offered a choice of playing for Hull or playing for Man Ham, how many would choose Hull?

It's HIS career, for goodness sake. Considering the bile that is spewed in his direction from a lot of Reds, why should he give a toss about upsetting them?

I'd hate him to join the Mancs because if he stays fit (yes it's quite an if) he will score goals for them. I agree with TomR that he will get at least 1 in 2 there.

However, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Ferguson is soley doing this because he thinks it would get on Benitez's back. Whereas Rafa wont care less. I firmly believe that Ferguson is totally obsessed with Rafa and is dreading the idea of retiring with Liverpool champions.

I wouldnt give a fuck if he went to the scum he will be on the treatment table most of the time. I agree that bacon face more than likely woke up from a drunken stuper and thought If I get owen that will piss Rafa off....

I reckon Owen will go to the bitters...treatment table free now saha has gone.

Its sad just how far from the classy heights we were at that Liverpool fans have fallen....and yet, still H*sk*y gets applauded from the Kop

One Nil down

Two One Up

Michael Owen won the cup

When a top class paddy pass gave the lad the ball

Poor old Arsene won Fuck all

Its sad just how far from the classy heights we were at that Liverpool fans have fallen....and yet, still H*sk*y gets applauded from the Kop

Because it's really classy to lie and run down your contract at the club who brought you through their ranks and get your dream move to win trophies elsewhere isn't it?

I've never applauded Heskey, if we're getting into sweeping generalisation guilt trips again.

Because it's really classy to lie and run down your contract at the club who brought you through their ranks and get your dream move to win trophies elsewhere isn't it?

I've never applauded Heskey, if we're getting into sweeping generalisation guilt trips again.

I doubt he'd hear you from your dingy bedsit anyway.

You mean he's ambitious, I presume?

If 1000 players were offered a choice of playing for Hull or playing for Man Ham, how many would choose Hull?

It's HIS career, for goodness sake. Considering the bile that is spewed in his direction from a lot of Reds, why should he give a toss about upsetting them?

Without wanting to get associated with 'bile' I think he deserves alot f the criticism he's had for the way he left for Madrid and he knew what game he was playing.

How any liverpool fan could even contemplate signing fo utd is beyond me. Ambition or no ambition.

it would confirm his conversion from hero to judas cunt. I certainly wouldnt be easy about it, if owen even got to play in half their games he could score 10+.

Its also a real possibility with him playing alongside rooney, witht e world cup next year and all.

He really wasn't. His legs had completely gone by the time he got to Man Utd. He was woeful for them.

Well, as it's all about opinons we'll have to agree to differ. I remember one awful mistake he made at OT against - I think - Middlesborough which led to an easy goal. 'Boro won the game.

The point isn't whether he was a great defender or not but whether or not he was "finished". Ferguson is not an idiot and he doesn't sign players who are finished. He's not desperate.

Well, as it's all about opinons we'll have to agree to differ. I remember one awful mistake he made at OT against - I think - Middlesborough which led to an easy goal. 'Boro won the game.

The point isn't whether he was a great defender or not but whether or not he was "finished". Ferguson is not an idiot and he doesn't sign players who are finished. He's not desperate.

We have very different memories. The general consensus at the time was that Ferguson dropped a bollock, if memory serves

He was desperate then too, having hastily booted Stam out.

4 bed semi in a beautiful Liverpool suburb. But whatever gives your dull existence more importance.

Padded walls, bars on the windows, needs some modernisation...

One Nil down

Two One Up

Michael Owen won the cup

When a top class paddy pass gave the lad the ball

Poor old Arsene won Fuck all

Ye fair enough but if he joins United it is understandable if fans have some hate towards him.