You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hermes

I hate the man with a passion but if there is one thing I do admire it's his refusal to make excuses for his players.

His comment about about expecting a reaction is exactly what I'd like to see when we suffer a setback. Too often in the last decade or so our defeats or poor performances have been blamed on tiredness/international breaks/travelling to Champions League away games/early kick-offs etc which give the players an excuse for not performing. If they do slip up over the next few games you can guarantee it won't be due to not being in the right frame of mind.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the man with a passion but if there is one thing I do admire it's his refusal to make excuses for his players.

His comment about about expecting a reaction is exactly what I'd like to see when we suffer a setback. Too often in the last decade or so our defeats or poor performances have been blamed on tiredness/international breaks/travelling to Champions League away games/early kick-offs etc which give the players an excuse for not performing. If they do slip up over the next few games you can guarantee it won't be due to not being in the right frame of mind.

Yeah, if only we had a manager that would do that after a defeat against, like, Boro.

RAFA DEMANDS REDS REACTION

Jimmy Rice

Rafa Benitez today called for a reaction from his players on Tuesday night following a 2-0 defeat in Middlesbrough which saw them drop to third in the Barclays Premier League.

The Reds fell to only their second league loss of the season at the weekend - but a home clash with Sunderland provides a quick opportunity to regain second place from Chelsea, who travel to Portsmouth.

Benitez said: "We were talking in training about improving, showing character. We want a reaction from them and hopefully we'll see this.

He even went as far as to say no reaction, no place against Real Madrid.

If the reaction of the team after this was for us to beat sunderland 2-0, Real Madrid 4-0 and Manure 4-1. I'd get on a Liverpool board and praise OUR manager. Not Hermes though, oh no. Because he so blinded to OUR manager he can only see the good in Slur Alex when our manager has done exactly the same AND pulled it off.

SAD!

Let's face it Dave, he's usually blaming the referee, or the FA, or the off licence being shut, he never let's facts cloud his myopic arguments does he?

I admire nothing about the graceless sack of shite. If the performances and scoreline had been reversed and Rafa had said "We were the best team but the scoreline doesn't reflect that", I'd have been embarrassed.

Thick idiot at Hack Central: 'Fergie...thinks he won...clearly didn't...gone nuts...name starts with 'F'...so I need a word that starts with 'F'...Fergie's Fant...Nah...Fergie's Fanta...Nah...zzzzzzzz...Fergie's Fatwa...Nah, so last decade...Fergie's...Duh...Can I do 'Rafa's Rant again? It's so much more convenient?'

Let's face it Dave, he's usually blaming the referee, or the FA, or the off licence being shut, he never let's facts cloud his myopic arguments does he?

I admire nothing about the graceless sack of shite. If the performances and scoreline had been reversed and Rafa had said "We were the best team but the scoreline doesn't reflect that", I'd have been embarrassed.

You've missed the point as well. He doesn't use excuses which allow his players to start believing that they are cracking, or that the task in front of them is beyond them because of their deficiencies. Someone once said that if you keep telling people something they will believe it even if it isn't true ie. "tiredness, too many games, travelling". Keep telling the players that was the reason for their poor performance and they'll start believing it.

My point was he doesn't make excuses that the players can use or start to believe, such as tiredness. Most of the media claimed they were tired, he hasn't allowed them that excuse and never does.

That's utter bollocks, the fucker uses tons of fucking excuses....like "we needed a strong ref but didn't get that today" or I suppose you don't remember the classic grey away shirts, where their players couldn't see each other?

That's utter bollocks, the fucker uses tons of fucking excuses....like "we needed a strong ref but didn't get that today" or I suppose you don't remember the classic grey away shirts, where their players couldn't see each other?

Which is what i was saying.

You've missed the point as well. He doesn't use excuses which allow his players to start believing that they are cracking, or that the task in front of them is beyond them because of their deficiencies. Someone once said that if you keep telling people something they will believe it even if it isn't true ie. "tiredness, too many games, travelling". Keep telling the players that was the reason for their poor performance and they'll start believing it.

He did when he was chasing us. He was childish to such an extreme he was a laughing stock. Kenny held up baby Kelly once and said 'you may as well talk to her' - he was all over the place, but there was no press in those days to start a 'mind games' campaign.

220px-Roland_Young_in_Topper_Returns.jpg

This is all most distressing. I'm Colin Minge-Twatte from the club's Theatre of Dreams media interaction complex, and apparently everyone in the club, down to yours truly, has been banned from co-operating with the media. So I guess I'm 'It'. I don't really know what to say. According to the press release I have here, Sir Alex has also banned his wife from contacting him, so I'm due there in the bedroom at 10.50pm while he sits outside eating coloured sweets and shouting out the windows. Frankly, this wasn't in the job description. Er...I suppose we should have won....er...our players could have done better...er....the ref is a crook...mind games...blah blah...

He's right up there with Hitler with his inability to admit he's wrong.

repped. awesome.

He's right up there with Hitler in being a thunder-cunt

Must spread.

I can't believe anyone is lauding him - expecting a reaction goes without saying. The guys a knob - Ferguson that is.

Too much rep given out in the last 24 hours.

He's right up their with Hitler in his disdain for the Polish. Kusciak rarely gets a game.

Hahah... Too much rep given out in the last 24 hours.

I can't wait until that cunt dies.

You too?

I think that this Ferguscum = Hitler stuff well... you lot are onto something.