You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and Zé Pequeno, you sound like a fucking idiot. How old are you because I don't know of many adults who would offer someone out over the internet... apart from Xabi.

i'm sorry that's how you, and redknight interpreted it, i was making the point that i'm going to crewe tonight, and i got the impression the person who called me a cunt for no reason wasn't, and i was offering him directions to the ground, i wasn't "offering anyone out". i was happy to talk to him about why i didn't think it was right, like many on here, that someone from another country was going to two prime matches, when many fans are not.

Touchy subject this. I always think of it as ripping off your own. Even if you are buying off touting agencies you shafting one other supporter who has been the match all season and has missed out on a ticket. I've contemplated buying off touts when I got shafted for the Athens final but I never did, because your only screwing one of your own somewhere down the line.

Both club and fans are to blame. In an ideal world no fan should pay more than face value for a ticket (a thank you beer and maybe a donation to one of the Hillsborough groups apart). And no fan should accept more than face value when passing on their ticket. The club should do their utmost to avoid touting incl. the “legal touting” they’re supporting today by giving tickets to travel agencies etc.

Jonte is avoiding his moral duties by saying “if I don’t someone else will”. Those passing on tickets for a profit use the same phrase as their excuse. Here’s a word for your kind: Solidarity. You’ll find the meaning of the word in the dictionary.

The not so funny thing is. With the technology of today it should be pretty easy to apply a fair and just way to distribute the tickets, taking care of both local support and long distance support.

To say OOT’s like Jonte should go only to the low profile games is a bit unfair. However, local fans being squeezed out of the big games for economical reasons is mighty unfair. There are ways to sort this out. If only someone would put me ion charge of the T.O.

Is it me, or does it look like WaltonRed and JohnnyH are arguing with themselves?

:D Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're kind of right.

Basically I think the people who go to 30 games a season but don't have season tickets should get the priority on the so called big games. However, I don't belive that the ground will eventually have be more OOT then local, and I don't believe that the ticket office gives preference to non-locals.

The real reason I'm arguing with WaltonRed though is because he wouldn't make me breakfast this morning after we "snuggled".

Those who go to most games should have first priority. If they're not willing to pay what others are willing to pay, then that's a difficult decision for the club to make. How can you offer discounted tickets to a more than sold-out event while competing with other mega-rich clubs with higher ticket prices?

this is a very touchy subject.

i think those who travel abroad and go to a limited number of games (be it 3-4-5) every season generally needs to show a bit more respect. There are a lot of cunts traveling from scandinavia who, because they earn a lot of money and have good jobs, think they own the world - or at least Liverpool on a match day.

I'm sure everyone who wants to can see this subject from both sides. The club wants to (and needs to) earn money, and they can do this by selling packages like Thomas Cook or to supporter clubs abroad. On the other hand it's clear that 80-90% of Anfield should be local - after all the clubs name is Liverpool and it represents the city. If the local fan base doens't mean anything to the club anymore they might as well rename to Carlsberg and haul support in from all over the world.

this is a very touchy subject.

i think those who travel abroad and go to a limited number of games (be it 3-4-5) every season generally needs to show a bit more respect. There are a lot of cunts traveling from scandinavia who, because they earn a lot of money and have good jobs, think they own the world - or at least Liverpool on a match day.

And it couldn't be more embarassing. But they are in a minority, just like cunts everywhere else in the world.

Clearly a very touchy subject, and I can see both sides of the argument. I'm an OOT and have been to Anfield just once, to watch a fairly dull 0-0 draw with West Ham.

However, just to play devil's advocate, what was the attendance tonight?

Was it full of locals taking advantage of being able to get in because the OOT's couldn't be bothered?

As I say, just playing devil's advocate...

Leave the shit carling cup games against no mark sides to the locals then eh?

Knew that would be the response.

OK, lets try it another way.

If locals are complaining they can't get tickets for games because OOT fans (and they are still Liverpool fans you know) are 'taking' them, but they then don't take advantage of an opportunity to watch a game they can get a ticket for, surely they are as guilty of picking and choosing which games they watch as someone like Jonte?

Just a thought like...

We're not exactly choosing when the only games that don't sell out are for some shit carling cup game on a cold tuesday night for 24 quid. No one gives a fucking about the carling cup, especially for 24 quid. I think there is a differnece between a shit Tuesday night carling cup tie and the derby, chelsea away and chelsea at home.

I've got a lot of respect and admiriation for Liverpool, the club - the city, Anfield, the pubs and everything around so I don't act like a pompus cunt there, but I can imagine alot of cocky Scandinavians that do, and it is embarassing.

And yes, it is true - if no one used touts etc, they wouldn't exist, but that's just the way it is. I want to watch Liverpool live, as it is the best thing I do in my life and has been great great experiences for me and then I have to do it this way.

It doesn't help that I don't go, because far less knowledgable people will go. The touts sells trips to companies and stuff to, and I agree it is not they way it should be.

The ones I've been with in Liverpool are people that know the songs, knows much about the club and follows it nearly, so I don't see why we should be told to fuck off at all.

We're not exactly choosing when the only games that don't sell out are for some shit carling cup game on a cold tuesday night for 24 quid. No one gives a fucking about the carling cup, especially for 24 quid. I think there is a differnece between a shit Tuesday night carling cup tie and the derby, chelsea away and chelsea at home.

Fair enough, but there was me thinking Liverpool fans were Liverpool fans, wherever they're from.

Nice to know I'm actually a second-class citizen who shouldn't go to a game as I'm not from a 10-mile radius of Anfield. Just another thieving bastard who might come in and steal a 'true' scouser's ticket.

Biggest fanbase in the world? Best fans in the world?

It's lucky most of those fans don't know what you really think of them.

I'm going to my first away match with Liverpool, and it is against the rentboys, I can't wait!

We are travelling from Tromsø and Oslo in Norway, to London and are staying at the Central Park Hotel in London for the weekend.

So how is it with these away matches, who is going and are you going there Saturday night or only for Sunday?

Are all the reds meeting down at Trafalgar Square before the match or how is it? Where do people go after the match? And where do people go out on Saturday night? :)

Any other tips, is it safe wearing the club colours in London?

Thanks, looking forward to this - haven't seen Liverpool since the Chelsea 2007 Semi at Anfield, and are going to see Everton at Anfield in January!

Jonte I hope you enjoy the game mate and everything goes well London

Saturday night is a brilliant night out if there is a few of you going

club colours to the match are ok there will be enough Reds there but dont go walking around Saturday night in them on it can be a bit like having a target on your back but in central London you will normally get a brilliant night out if a little pricey but you dont mind that after a win :yes:

From my understanding, he's bought the ticket from an agent. Presumably, that ticket has been supplied to that agent by the club...

And he's going to be paying a lot of money for it. He's flying from Scandanavia, going to watch Chelsea (renowned for their low ticket prices!) and staying in a hotel in London.

Tell you what, you tell us 'other' fans which games we're allowed to go to and we'll all make a note in our diaries.

You'll get the tickets sorted for us, yeah?

A Liverpool Fan is a Liverpool Fan for me

I dont care if you come from Garston or Greece Dovecotte of Dublin if Liverpool is in in your heart its in your heart end of

Im no better A Liverpool fan for being born in Mill Road than anyone born in Millan its all about what is in your heart, and if its Liverpool? Im glad to have you alongside me regardless of were your from a good red is a good red

A Liverpool Fan is a Liverpool Fan for me

I dont care if you come from Garston or Greece Dovecotte of Dublin if Liverpool is in in your heart its in your heart end of

Im no better A Liverpool fan for being born in Mill Road than anyone born in Millan its all about what is in your heart, and if its Liverpool? Im glad to have you alongside me regardless of were your from a good red is a good red

And that's what I want to hear from a Liverpool fan!

Fuck this, it's late and I don't want to get into this OOT shit.

Night all...

From my understanding, he's bought the ticket from an agent. Presumably, that ticket has been supplied to that agent by the club...

And he's going to be paying a lot of money for it. He's flying from Scandanavia, going to watch Chelsea (renowned for their low ticket prices!) and staying in a hotel in London.

Tell you what, you tell us 'other' fans which games we're allowed to go to and we'll all make a note in our diaries.

You'll get the tickets sorted for us, yeah?

You can sort the tickets through these agents can't you? I'm sure their mobile won't be ringing off the hook for the smaller games.

Jonte I hope you enjoy the game mate and everything goes well London

Saturday night is a brilliant night out if there is a few of you going

club colours to the match are ok there will be enough Reds there but dont go walking around Saturday night in them on it can be a bit like having a target on your back but in central London you will normally get a brilliant night out if a little pricey but you dont mind that after a win :yes:

Thanks mate, I hope we beat those rents, we really need to!

No footballshirts out on Saturday night no, the game is on Sunday though!

I don't mind as long as they don't just steal tickets for big games only and then say "oh but I paid lots of moneys for it".

Would you mind if I "stole" your ticket for todays match, or weren't you there?

Jonte you only have 'alot of admiration' for the club?

Liverpool Football Club is one of the most important things in my life. I have two big passions in my life and it is my car, a Porsche and my football team Liverpool.