You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guardian club by club Premier League previews, Liverpool

Cunny

Arbeloa is a right back. Cole is a left back. Cole plays left back. Arbeloa plays right back. But Arbeloa played centre half for one game. What's your point?

how many games has arbeloa played at right back compared to left back? I'm fairly certain arbeloa has played much more games at left back rather than his favoured right back position.

Seems a fair evaluation by the Guardian- puts us 3rd ahead of the Arse.

With our system/players meaning our "wide men" coming inside more there should be more room and opportunity for fullbacks to join the attack and provide width. So will be up to one of the fullbacks to cut it going forward- none of the others have 2 excellent fullbacks going forward (whatever Guardian says Wes Brown is not a good attacking full back!)

Overuse of parentheses is something I'm often guilty of myself, but it's a sign of a VERY sloppy writer.

Quite aside from that, it's an article that makes a hell of a lot of bold claims without backing any of them up. Quite frankly I lost interest when he said he'd rather have WES FUCKING BROWN than Bob Arbeloa. I'm sorry, that's just nonsense. As for the lack of width question: the moron hasn't realised that (i) that's the system we play, with a tight unit of midfielders, and width from the full backs and (ii) the fact that Rafa is investing in more attacking full backs means there WILL be more attacking width than previously. What the addition of Barry would or wouldn't do is completely irrelevant; he's spent most of his Villa career as an old-school left winger anyway, with quite devastating results.

In conclusion: it's hogwash.

Remotely average.

His hair is quite shite too.

Clichy is fucking class though. Best LB in the world at the moment imo.

Got to disagree massively there. He can be very poor defensively. I know that he makes up for it in attacking ability but he's made some really basic mistakes in games I've seen.

Guest PaddyBerger15
he just couldnt resist a sly dig at us with the chelsea CL game could he? No mention of the 'ghost' penalty they got in the league tho. Cunt.

Erm, can I humbly suggest that you go and read that paragraph in the article again.