You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cocking your back up

Juniper

Is there any worse pain than back pain?.

Fell down some stairs while on a night out on Saturday (pissed, takeaway's stairs were slippy etc etc). Landed on the edge of the stairs on my back. Everytime I move my body I have the most sharpest pain known to human kind, this is worse than man-flu.

It'll pass with time though, but I can't imagine the constant discomfort people with long term back problems have on a daily basis.

Does anyone on here suffer with back problems? if so how do you cope?

It's horrible isn't it. I have only ever had it really bad once. I literally wanted to cry. I just drunk a lot and took a lot of cocodeine, and walked about 12 miles until it stopped hurting. I've had some back pain recently, but only when I really exert myself, playing footy and what have you. That's why I am doing Pilates. It's really good for your core strength and so helps prevent these kind of injuries.*

*Pilates doesn't stop you falling down stairs pissed.

It's horrible isn't it. I have only ever had it really bad once. I literally wanted to cry. I just drunk a lot and took a lot of cocodeine, and walked about 12 miles until it stopped hurting. I've had some back pain recently, but only when I really exert myself, playing footy and what have you. That's why I am doing Pilates. It's really good for your core strength and so helps prevent these kind of injuries.*

*Pilates doesn't stop you falling down stairs pissed.

Bugger

*cracks open a can*

Seriously will not go down, the pain's getting worse by the day. Dreading having to get up to go to the loo in a bit.

Maybe I will just dribble down my leg onto the floor, all pathetic like.

I've had shoulder problems all my life, which is down to a number of things. I've been told a handful of times to try Pilates but I'm silly like that. Too nervous to try something that will benifit me and my health

(Plus I am worried I will fart while stretching/busting pilates moves)

Is there any worse pain than back pain?.

Fell down some stairs while on a night out on Saturday (pissed, takeaway's stairs were slippy etc etc). Landed on the edge of the stairs on my back. Everytime I move my body I have the most sharpest pain known to human kind, this is worse than man-flu.

It'll pass with time though, but I can't imagine the constant discomfort people with long term back problems have on a daily basis.

Does anyone on here suffer with back problems? if so how do you cope?

I've heard aids is a shitter.

I fell down the stairs about 8 years ago and broke the end off my tail bone. It did smart a bit. It still hurts when I sit on my backside for too long, which is most of the time.

Sounds very painful that!! silly question, but what happened to the broken bit of bone? did they have to remove it? or is it still in there?

And

Were you pissed whilst clutching a pile of chips and savloy sausage which you purchased with your last £2 and went all over the wet floor?.

I've heard aids is a shitter.

AIDS are for gays, litrally

Go and see a chiropractor in the first instance.

I would suggest that being a drummer with a dodgy back and iffy shoulders is not great... :(

I'm going to wait for a few days before panicing, I'm sure whatever I hit is just bruised and very pissed off with me.

You're right. Seems like my career might not be as long as I wish it be.

BUGGER

Pilates is fine, it's just a bit, erm, tantric. It's all dolphin noises and stuff until you learn the basics. Then you can do more.

If you have a hard floor, you could try lying on your back, then lifting your legs up (bent) so that you can put your hands on the tops of your shins, or in the gap under your knee. Then gently rock from side to side.

EDIT: Pilates is good for fucked up postures too.

Were you pissed whilst clutching a pile of chips and savloy sausage which you purchased with your last £2 and went all over the wet floor?.

Reminds me of one of my work colleagues (female) - came into work on a Monday with a big graze and bruise on her chin. Asked her what she'd done - been out over the weekend, got hammered and went to the chippy.

Walking to the taxi rank, goes over on her stupid six-inch heel and goes base over apex. Instead of dropping her chips and protecting herself, she decides the best option was just to smash her chin on the floor. :wallbutt:

Was still proud of the fact she hadn't dropped her chips, mind!

I'm going to wait for a few days before panicing, I'm sure whatever I hit is just bruised and very pissed off with me.

You're right. Seems like my career might not be as long as I wish it be.

BUGGER

Every possibility it will sort itself out, but there's every likelihood the shoulder problems could be related to posture. A chiropractor would probably be able to give you an idea whether that's got anything to do with it.

Pilates is fine, it's just a bit, erm, tantric. It's all dolphin noises and stuff until you learn the basics. Then you can do more.

If you have a hard floor, you could try lying on your back, then lifting your legs up (bent) so that you can put your hands on the tops of your shins, or in the gap under your knee. Then gently rock from side to side.

I love dressing up like a pirate.

PS. To all you non believers in Adams pseudoexercise routine, he'll be all bendy in his 80's while you weightlifting grocks will be all hunched and arthritic in your 50's. Hehe.

"There was a boy called Adam,

Who was really trendy,

Even when he was 79,

he was really bendy."

The End.

I'll take up Pilates in time, think it's about time I gave in to all the advice. Bet I'll look all Mr Motivator in my lycra suit.

Reminds me of one of my work colleagues (female) - came into work on a Monday with a big graze and bruise on her chin. Asked her what she'd done - been out over the weekend, got hammered and went to the chippy.

Walking to the taxi rank, goes over on her stupid six-inch heel and goes base over apex. Instead of dropping her chips and protecting herself, she decides the best option was just to smash her chin on the floor. :wallbutt:

Was still proud of the fact she hadn't dropped her chips, mind!

I remember being very gutted about my chips lying in a puddle, good on her, she had the right idea!!! Got to get your priorities in order.

Every possibility it will sort itself out, but there's every likelihood the shoulder problems could be related to posture. A chiropractor would probably be able to give you an idea whether that's got anything to do with it.

I think the way I drum (hunched back and leaning forward) might have something to do it. I try not to drum as much as I used to.

Since I cut back to about 5 hours practice a week I haven't had the problem as much as when I was playing for about 20hours per week.

First buggered it up about five years ago whilst lifting an iron bath out of a van on my own when I worked in a plumbers merchant, that's what started it.

Those gits are heavy!

Sounds very painful that!! silly question, but what happened to the broken bit of bone? did they have to remove it? or is it still in there?

And

It's still in there, but it's never been right since. I'd gone into my son's room in the morning, and he was wet so I took his nappy off, and folded it up to take downstairs to put it in the bin. I picked him up and had him in one arm and the nappy in the other hand. As I got to the top stair I dropped the nappy, and stepped on it. It projected me down the stairs at speed but because I had hold of the baby, I couldn't put my hands out to break my fall, so my bum took the brunt on every stair on the way down, while I was trying my hardest not to drop him.

The weird thing is, he must have been about 9 months old, and he still says "Do you remember when we fell down the stairs?" He's 10 now. Kids' memories are amazing.

Sorry you lost your sausage.

It's still in there, but it's never been right since. I'd gone into my son's room in the morning, and he was wet so I took his nappy off, and folded it up to take downstairs to put it in the bin. I picked him up and had him in one arm and the nappy in the other hand. As I got to the top stair I dropped the nappy, and stepped on it. It projected me down the stairs at speed but because I had hold of the baby, I couldn't put my hands out to break my fall, so my bum took the brunt on every stair on the way down, while I was trying my hardest not to drop him.

The weird thing is, he must have been about 9 months old, and he still says "Do you remember when we fell down the stairs?" He's 10 now. Kids' memories are amazing.

Sorry you lost your sausage.

Bloody hell, sounds like breaking your tail bone was a good thing. Could have been nasty otherwise. Motherly love rules!. Glad he was ok.

I will have my revenge on all sausages soon! Jnp will be back!

My back is killing me. For the past few days, it feels like I've taken a good kicking all over my back. Seems to ease later in the the day though. Not sure what thats all about as I havent actually taken a kicking, havent fallen over or (to the best of my knowledge) bumped into something. Although I do have a habit of bumping into things and then days later thinking "where's that bruise come from?".