You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beskitas Tuesday

Red Nick

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'd rather 10 more points and a nowhere finish than winning the CL? Youms a nutter.

Its all about progress and improving year on year. 78 - 80 points will practically guarantee a top four finish and would be a significant improvement on the shitty pathetic 68 points we accumulated last season. We should really be aiming at 85-90 points if we really want to be contenders but unfortunately we are a nowhere near that as we have seen this season to date.

Based on what I've seen so far this season, this team coupled with Rafas negative tactics will do very well to get over the 80 point mark.

Its all about progress and improving year on year. 78 - 80 points will practically guarantee a top four finish and would be a significant improvement on the shitty pathetic 68 points we accumulated last season. We should really be aiming at 85-90 points if we really want to be contenders but unfortunately we are a nowhere near that as we have seen this season to date.

Based on what I've seen so far this season, this team coupled with Rafas negative tactics will do very well to get over the 80 point mark.

We managed 82 season before last. I'd still rather win something than nothing. I would also be pleased for anything to happen that irritates you.

I want us to win purely because it might be a shot in the arm for the PL. If we were to go out at this stage our shitty form in the league would get even shittier. That said if I'd a choice between winning the CL or finishing on 10 points more than last season in PL, I'd take the latter.

The PL is all that ultimately matters. I want us to be consistently good, not occassionaly great. I'm fed up with being a cup team.

That's daft. But true to form really.

I want to win the league. If we're not going to win the league, provided we come in the top 4, I couldn't give a fuck how many points we get if the alternative is a trophy.

Can't believe people are actually discussing this! Winning the CL is the main goal for the cream of the G14 teams and a wet dream for the rest of them. 2th to 4th position in the league doesn't really matter when you're crowned champions of Europe. Guess you could ask any Chelsea fan. Winning is all, winning it big time, and that goes for all competitions.

Reina

Finnan

Carra

Sami

Arbeloa

Yossi

Gerrard

Masch

Kewell

Kuyt

Crouch

I think Kewell deserves a start. I think he has proved this over his past couple of outings. He would also provide the attack sense we need from the left wing which i dont think Riise does

If he was fit then definitely, but there's no way he can be after the length of time he's been out.

It's too much of a temptation to start him - i'd play it safe, and if Torres is a doubt at all then i'd do the same there. We need to make sure those type of players stay fit.

The day GH took over he had an "awesome foursome" of:

McManaman, Berger, Owen and Fowler

The day Rafa took over he had an "awesome foursome" of:

Kewell, Garcia, Baros and Cisse

Tonight we have:

Crouch, Benayoun, Voronin and Aurelio.....

Besiktas are shit, but they won't be quaking in their boots...

Kewell and Babel should have started...

If he was fit then definitely, but there's no way he can be after the length of time he's been out.

It's too much of a temptation to start him - i'd play it safe, and if Torres is a doubt at all then i'd do the same there. We need to make sure those type of players stay fit.

yes it certainly is a gamble with Kewell. and are you speaking of match fitness or overall fitness? I would like to think he would be fit enough to start after being in training for somewhere near a month. I don understand it is Harry Kewell we are talking about, but still....:dunno:

as for torres, I think especially with him we need to err on the side of caution. the same goes for Kewell in some respects.

thank god i am not playing fantasy Rafa

The day GH took over he had an "awesome foursome" of:

McManaman, Berger, Owen and Fowler

The day Rafa took over he had an "awesome foursome" of:

Kewell, Garcia, Baros and Cisse

Tonight we have:

Crouch, Benayoun, Voronin and Aurelio.....

Besiktas are shit, but they won't be quaking in their boots...

Kewell and Babel should have started...

Splitting hairs but how was Garcia there the day Rafa took over, anyway why do you think you know better than Rafa? Kewell isn't match fit so I never expected him to start. I think he'll come on at 60mins like the last game.

More chopping and changing for the sake of it - fingers crossed it will actually work this time.

Would have played Babel myself as that team seriously lacks pace - don't see the point with Voronin either but he'll probably go and have a class game now so fingers crossed!

I just don't see the point in constantly changing all aspects of the team - two completely different full backs from the last couple of games. Doesn't make any sense to me, it's change for change sake.

More chopping and changing for the sake of it - fingers crossed it will actually work this time.

Would have played Babel myself as that team seriously lacks pace - don't see the point with Voronin either but he'll probably go and have a class game now so fingers crossed!

I just don't see the point in constantly changing all aspects of the team - two completely different full backs from the last couple of games. Doesn't make any sense to me, it's change for change sake.

Care to pass that crystal ball mate? :thumbup:

I'm not having Cissé as part of an awesome foursome. Not even if you are allowed five in it.

Can people stop quoting the fucking idiot? It annoys the fuck out of me.

Have a bit of self control, if you don't like what is said don't respond to it. You complain about people quoting him and then virtually quote him yourself.