You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

chelsea's walk out...

Bob

so i was hearing all morning on the radio about how chelsea fans were going to stage a masse walk out at half time of their game against fulham to show their anger at the sacking of mourinho. I think its a ridiculous thing to do, but the fact that they were saying they would, and then only about 100 people filed out, murmering 'bring back mourinho' in a pretty pathetic way made them look like right twats.

anyone else think it was funny.

Racist abuse of Grant must stop warn Chelsea

Chairman Buck reveals anti-semitic fan mail

Clarke to quit as assistant as turmoil continues

David Hytner

Monday October 1, 2007

The Guardian

The Chelsea chairman, Bruce Buck, has attacked a minority element of the club's support for anti-semitic abuse of the new manager, Avram Grant.

The Israeli's appointment after Jose Mourinho's departure from Stamford Bridge has provoked strong feeling but Buck said some of the comment which the club had received crossed the boundaries of acceptability.

"We welcome all constructive points of view," Buck wrote in Saturday's match programme for the visit of Fulham. "But there have been a few which could be viewed as racist and anti-semitic and that must stop immediately. This is one thing we will not tolerate whether in written correspondence, on the chat pages, on posters or banners or through singing and chanting. And it unfairly smears the reputation of the vast majority of Chelsea fans who rightly do not want to be associated with such activity."

Why don't they just ban the chanters??

so i was hearing all morning on the radio about how chelsea fans were going to stage a masse walk out at half time of their game against fulham to show their anger at the sacking of mourinho. I think its a ridiculous thing to do, but the fact that they were saying they would, and then only about 100 people filed out, murmering 'bring back mourinho' in a pretty pathetic way made them look like right twats.

anyone else think it was funny.

What has the Roman ever done for us?

Fucking splitters!

Racist abuse of Grant must stop warn Chelsea

Chairman Buck reveals anti-semitic fan mail

Clarke to quit as assistant as turmoil continues

David Hytner

Monday October 1, 2007

The Guardian

The Chelsea chairman, Bruce Buck, has attacked a minority element of the club's support for anti-semitic abuse of the new manager, Avram Grant.

The Israeli's appointment after Jose Mourinho's departure from Stamford Bridge has provoked strong feeling but Buck said some of the comment which the club had received crossed the boundaries of acceptability.

"We welcome all constructive points of view," Buck wrote in Saturday's match programme for the visit of Fulham. "But there have been a few which could be viewed as racist and anti-semitic and that must stop immediately. This is one thing we will not tolerate whether in written correspondence, on the chat pages, on posters or banners or through singing and chanting. And it unfairly smears the reputation of the vast majority of Chelsea fans who rightly do not want to be associated with such activity."

Why don't they just ban the chanters??

It was abuse by email and letter apparently. I have to say I am really enjoying all this bitter in-fighting.

The walk out that was planned was a stupid idea by fans that arrived at Chelsea when Mourinho joined. I will be glad to see the back of the tossers.

Most Chelsea fans were dissapointed to see Mourinho go, but realise that mourning his departure for weeks to come would not do anybody any good.

I wouldn't read too much into those letters either. Anyone remember the "death threat" that Frisk claimed to have recieved? Well, they eminated from an 11 year girl stating she was going to kill Frisk on a Chelsea forum after Drogba had just been booked in the Nou Camp.

Even if those letters were sent, it will only be a very small minority. Every club has idiots following them. You know what I'm talking about, I'm sure.

The walk out that was planned was a stupid idea by fans that arrived at Chelsea when Mourinho joined. I will be glad to see the back of the tossers.

Most Chelsea fans were dissapointed to see Mourinho go, but realise that mourning his departure for weeks to come would not do anybody any good.

I wouldn't read too much into those letters either. Anyone remember the "death threat" that Frisk claimed to have recieved? Well, they eminated from an 11 year girl stating she was going to kill Frisk on a Chelsea forum after Drogba had just been booked in the Nou Camp.

Even if those letters were sent, it will only be a very small minority. Every club has idiots following them. You know what I'm talking about, I'm sure.

It's you, isn't it?

I can see why Chelsea fans would be devastated about Mourinho going, but othing is gonna change that now and constantly chanting his name and harping on about it is going to be counter-productive. Not that I care, obviously.

Interesting point about the Frisk death threat. I didn't know that, I just remember the initial reports saying fans had made death threats. If that's true about the girl, then it's typical of the press that they make a big deal over nothing and then don't report what actually happened. We've been on the end of that kind of thing several times.

Bet her Mam and Dad are so proud.

I can see why Chelsea fans would be devastated about Mourinho going, but othing is gonna change that now and constantly chanting his name and harping on about it is going to be counter-productive. Not that I care, obviously.

Interesting point about the Frisk death threat. I didn't know that, I just remember the initial reports saying fans had made death threats. If that's true about the girl, then it's typical of the press that they make a big deal over nothing and then don't report what actually happened. We've been on the end of that kind of thing several times.

Yeh the little girl thing is true, worryingly. I know what you mean about the media - certain journalists have vendettas against a specific team and write all kinds of bullshit just to get their views across. I wouldn't mind if what they wrote was factually correct, but most of the time it's wrong. Like the dickhead who wrote that Tottenham were always finishing above Chelsea pre-Abramovich. Tottenham haven't finished above Chelsea since 97 I think...

Westy whats your view on whats going off at Chelsea. Is this what you feared would happen when Abramovich took over or do you think that he will relent and appoint a manager like Hiddink.

I think most Chelsea fans knew that Mourinho would not be at Chelsea for ever, especially after the Shevchenko fiasco. However, I really didn't expect him to 'leave' so soon. It was a major shock and it effected quite a few of the players: Essien especially. His performance at United was below par to say the least and he looked rather uncomfortable, which is totally unlike him.

Whatever you thought of Mourinho, he was certainly an interesting character. We loved him at Chelsea and I, for one, will be thankful for what he did. But when you look further into the sitution, the question is, would Mourinho have ever been the Chelsea manager if Roman wasn't there to start with?

No, probably not. So after hearing some Chelsea 'fans' calling for Abramovich's head for sacking Mourinho really does boggle the mind. Idiots.

The down side to Abramovich is that he wants to manage the club, as well as fund it. Bringing in Sheva for £30 million is a classic example of this and the rather embarassing transfer saga was probably the root cause for

Jose leaving. There are even rumours going around that he picked the team to play against United, which doesn't really show he has confidence in our new manager.

Abramovich is a nice enough guy: he even responded to "Roman, give us a song!" when he sat in the Shed on Saturday. (Just a boring Chelsea Clap, Clap, Clap, but still showing some care for our fans...He wasn't exactly going to start, "The Shit from Tottenham Hotspur went to Rome to see the Pope" was he?)

As for dear old Avram, he is in a really sticky situation. 6 key players out injured and a first ficture against United, not really an ideal situation for a new manager. Unlike most Chelsea fans, I am not going to judge Grant until he has more players to choose from and then we will know his managerial skills. Long term? No way. Hiddink would be my 1st choice with Ramos coming a close 2nd.

As for Chelsea FC as a whole: well we're playing shit football; we have several players out injured and a couple suspended; we have a manager with a face like a smacked arse who possesses the motivational qualities of a boiled potato; we have a cunt of a chief executive (Kenyon); we have an unpredictable owner and our next fixture is Valencia away...

So basically, we're fucked at the moment. How things can change, eh?

You must be laughing your arses off!

I think most Chelsea fans knew that Mourinho would not be at Chelsea for ever, especially after the Shevchenko fiasco. However, I really didn't expect him to 'leave' so soon. It was a major shock and it effected quite a few of the players: Essien especially. His performance at United was below par to say the least and he looked rather uncomfortable, which is totally unlike him.

Whatever you thought of Mourinho, he was certainly an interesting character. We loved him at Chelsea and I, for one, will be thankful for what he did. But when you look further into the sitution, the question is, would Mourinho have ever been the Chelsea manager if Roman wasn't there to start with?

No, probably not. So after hearing some Chelsea 'fans' calling for Abramovich's head for sacking Mourinho really does boggle the mind. Idiots.

The down side to Abramovich is that he wants to manage the club, as well as fund it. Bringing in Sheva for £30 million is a classic example of this and the rather embarassing transfer saga was probably the root cause for

Jose leaving. There are even rumours going around that he picked the team to play against United, which doesn't really show he has confidence in our new manager.

Abramovich is a nice enough guy: he even responded to "Roman, give us a song!" when he sat in the Shed on Saturday. (Just a boring Chelsea Clap, Clap, Clap, but still showing some care for our fans...He wasn't exactly going to start, "The Shit from Tottenham Hotspur went to Rome to see the Pope" was he?)

As for dear old Avram, he is in a really sticky situation. 6 key players out injured and a first ficture against United, not really an ideal situation for a new manager. Unlike most Chelsea fans, I am not going to judge Grant until he has more players to choose from and then we will know his managerial skills. Long term? No way. Hiddink would be my 1st choice with Ramos coming a close 2nd.

As for Chelsea FC as a whole: well we're playing shit football; we have several players out injured and a couple suspended; we have a manager with a face like a smacked arse who possesses the motivational qualities of a boiled potato; we have a cunt of a chief executive (Kenyon); we have an unpredictable owner and our next fixture is Valencia away...

So basically, we're fucked at the moment. How things can change, eh?

You must be laughing your arses off!

i'm certainly laughing, but i have to admit that i am laughing quietly on my own because i still think it wont take too much for everything to be back on track for you lot. if you can get a string of 4 or 5 wins on the bounce, no matter how you play in those games, the players attitudes will be back as they were with the whole seige mentality stuff you are so good at.

Look at united, sitting near the top of the league despite having some pretty poor results early doors and only just scraping past the teams they have beaten.

our results against pompey, birmingham and wigan show that we are still frail in terms of a title challenge so as i say, 4 or 5 wins on the bounce and things at the bridge wont be quite so funny to me.

Yes Westy I am laughing my arse off but as Rod says not half as much as I would if it were the mancs.

Everything that can go wrong is going wrong for Chelsea at the minute, injuries sendings off and the management fiasco. That said it will not be long before yous are back, with the Russians money anything is possible.

As for this season in the League I doubt yous can afford many more blips if yous want to win it. Looks to me like the Mancs will be the team to beat again and that makes me feel ill.

LMFAO. The cunts spend half their lives taking the piss out of the spurs yids. What are they gonna do now they've got one in the camp!

We take the piss out of Tottenham because their fans are even scummier than yours. We called them the yids to piss them off in the late 60's and they heard it so much from us and West Ham, that they adopted it at their nickname.

We've had one "in the camp" for about 3 years now. You might recognise his name, Roman Abramovich?

We take the piss out of Tottenham because their fans are even scummier than yours. We called them the yids to piss them off in the late 60's and they heard it so much from us and West Ham, that they adopted it at their nickname.

We've had one "in the camp" for about 3 years now. You might recognise his name, Roman Abramovich?

Ha Ha, you's are getting more jewish by the day then. Won't be long before you lot are getting called the yids!!