You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

31 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I don't know what the motive is but I'm sure they are being protected.  Otherwise they would have been questioned, there would have been a full reconstruction and so on.  £12m spent and they haven't questioned the parents - that doesn't add up.  Gerry McCann claims to be the last person to have seen Madeleine alive, therefore he should be questioned.

Until anyone comes forward with credible information as to whether and why they are being protected by the government from further investigation then its all just a conspiracy theory. You could be right , I don't have any answers, but its a massive leap of faith to say just because it was agreed with the Portuguese the McCanns shouldn't be re-interviewed by SY to proposing the government are covering up. Its just as likely it was to save the McCanns further distress as they had been ruled out and that the press would hound them again if they were being re-interviewed by the Police. 

4 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Yeah - there's deffo weird shit on both sides.

Like...just what opportunity did the McCanns have? They only had a 3 hour window to do all this stuff?

They got 7 other accomplices involved? Very unlikely. You can't collude with 9 people in that space of time. With that many involved (Tapas 9) - they wouldn't be able to stop leakage of info.

Why do they fight hard to keep themselves in the spotlight if they had wronged?

Like I said weird shit on both sides. I guess that's what make it so interesting to people.

There's a theory that Madeleine died much earlier in the week.  There is scant evidence that she was alive from Sunday 29th April onwards - no photographs and no independently verifiable sightings by witnesses. 

Obviously Gerry McCann's claimed last sighting has to be treated with caution.  Prior to that you have David Payne's supposed sighting when he claims to have visited at around 6pm, but there are so many inconsistencies between his testimony and Kate's that it's unlikely this visit ever took place.  Then, when you wind the clock back from there, it leaves a much longer timeline for all of these events to have occurred.  

Personally, I think she died on Sunday 29th April or shortly thereafter.  

10 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Until anyone comes forward with credible information as to whether and why they are being protected by the government from further investigation then its all just a conspiracy theory. You could be right , I don't have any answers, but its a massive leap of faith to say just because it was agreed with the Portuguese the McCanns shouldn't be re-interviewed by SY to proposing the government are covering up. Its just as likely it was to save the McCanns further distress as they had been ruled out and that the press would hound them again if they were being re-interviewed by the Police. 

It wasn't agreed with the Portuguese police that the McCanns shouldn't be re-interviewed.  That decision was made by Operation Grange unilaterally.  Saving the McCanns from further distress is not a valid reason.  If someone claims to be the last person to see their missing daughter alive, they need to be questioned.  

13 minutes ago, TK421 said:

There's a theory that Madeleine died much earlier in the week.  There is scant evidence that she was alive from Sunday 29th April onwards - no photographs and no independently verifiable sightings by witnesses. 

Obviously Gerry McCann's claimed last sighting has to be treated with caution.  Prior to that you have David Payne's supposed sighting when he claims to have visited at around 6pm, but there are so many inconsistencies between his testimony and Kate's that it's unlikely this visit ever took place.  Then, when you wind the clock back from there, it leaves a much longer timeline for all of these events to have occurred.  

I think that the signing out of the creche at 5:30 on the day she disappeared, is pretty watertight. Or at least it was accepted by the Portuguese police.

20 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Ha ha. Read that slowly. Then read it again. 

Mental. 

13 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I think that the signing out of the creche at 5:30 on the day she disappeared, is pretty watertight. Or at least it was accepted by the Portuguese police.

There are a lot of issues with that sighting.  Gerry McCann was questioned about it and gave details which were inconsistent with Kate's account of the afternoon in her book.  The witness statements of the creche nannies are also inconsistent with the McCanns and with each other. 

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I've already said numerous times I'm not interested in persuading you or changing your mind.  If you're genuinely interested, fuck off and find out for yourself.

You keep making wild assertions then when asked to back it up with you now some fucking evidence you refuse. The onus is on you to justify your claims made on a public forum not for me to hunt for evidence to justify you.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anny Road said:

You keep making wild assertions then when asked to back it up with you now some fucking evidence you refuse. The onus is on you to justify your claims made on a public forum not for me to hunt for evidence to justify you.

Sorry, but everything I've read from you on this subject makes me certain that I'd be wasting my time clarifying or explaining anything to you.  Shove your onus up your bum.  

3 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

I ask again what in the inconsistency you mention proves she never attended the kids club. You must have something to make such a claim.

It would require a lengthy explanation, but you're a fucking moron and wouldn't understand it.  So I can't be arsed.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

It wasn't agreed with the Portuguese police that the McCanns shouldn't be re-interviewed.  That decision was made by Operation Grange unilaterally.  Saving the McCanns from further distress is not a valid reason.  If someone claims to be the last person to see their missing daughter alive, they need to be questioned.  

I would argue it is a potential reason.  You jump from arguing because they didn't interview them it shows a conspiracy.  Few gaps need to be filled in before I jump on board that train

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

You jump from arguing because they didn't interview them it shows a conspiracy.  Few gaps need to be filled

in before I jump on board that train

Not at all.  I base my view on all of the circumstances, not just that one piece of information. 

Thing is I have my doubts about the McCanns, something doesn’t add up. Saying they murdered her and hid her body though I cannot justify.

There is more to this whole story but guessing the end then looking backwards for reasons to justify the ending, whilst ignoring things which point elsewhere, is the opposite method used by forensic investigators .

13 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Not at all.  I base my view on all of the circumstances, not just that one piece of information. 

OK, I'm not convinced and I doubt we will ever know exactly what happened to Madeline. 

I'm off to see if I can find out how much Theresa May is offering 11 lunatics from NI to help her change all our futures for the worse. That's a real conspiracy.  

• Upvote 2