You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2006 Penalties

Guest Bootle_red

Guest Bootle_red

Does anyone else find that sometimes when you actually win on penalties, the result shows you've been beat?

I've just beat Sunderland 3-2 on penalties and it's shown up on the results page that they won 3-1!

Guess you guys havent patched the game to 6.0.3?

This sorts out all that mallarky

In my game I just had a bit of a problem, while my comp was saving the treble winning seasn I had with this lad scoring 65 goals in it, it crashed like a good un and corrupted the save. That means I have to play my last month again

Well harsh

Its because the new game had a bug where it was not registering the Pens correctly dave. patch it and it works I tells ya.

I just beat Celtic in the CL final (for the 2nd time after my comp crashed) on pens and now I am getting ready for the confederations cup with England. All fun.

I got knocked out of the ldv vans or whatever its called on pens, but they put me through to the next round anyway. I never scored a single pen, but I ended up in the next round.

I have a game going where I manage Accrington Stanley, i also have Sporting Gijon in spain and Dave Usher managing Groningen in Holland, and i guess you will be pleased to know that Groningen under your leadership are doing very well. Nicely tucked in at 4th, just 5 points behind PSV but ahead of both Ajax and Feyernoord, and in the semi of the cup. Erwin Koeman of Feyernoord just went public with his praise of Dave Ushers managerial abilities.

Sporting Gijon ( under ex Crewe player Gareth Whalley`s leadership ) are runaway leaders with David Karanka banging in the goals ( why Rafa has`nt checked him out is a mystery) but i struggle a bit more with Acccrington, but still have a chance to reach play off.

Never experienced the penalty shoot out problems, but before i installed the patch ( in an earlier game) all my players in all my team missed almost every penalty in games. Steven Gerrard missed 5 in a row for Liverpool, that was annoying to say the least.

I have a game going where I manage Accrington Stanley, i also have Sporting Gijon in spain and Dave Usher managing Groningen in Holland, and i guess you will be pleased to know that Groningen under your leadership are doing very well. Nicely tucked in at 4th, just 5 points behind PSV but ahead of both Ajax and Feyernoord, and in the semi of the cup. Erwin Koeman of Feyernoord just went public with his praise of Dave Ushers managerial abilities.

Awesome! Always liked that Erwin Koeman fella, knows his stuff he does.

Sporting Gijon ( under ex Crewe player Gareth Whalley`s leadership ) are runaway leaders with David Karanka banging in the goals ( why Rafa has`nt checked him out is a mystery) but i struggle a bit more with Acccrington, but still have a chance to reach play off.

Never experienced the penalty shoot out problems, but before i installed the patch ( in an earlier game) all my players in all my team missed almost every penalty in games. Steven Gerrard missed 5 in a row for Liverpool, that was annoying to say the least.

Annoying but realistic.

I started my current game on Altrincham; had a good first season finishing in higher mid-table and then after a scorchio start to the season got offered the Peterborough job. Took them from 23rd in League Two to second and won promotion. Currently in pre-season and have somehow snapped up Alvaro Recoba on £4k a week as my star player for the coming season. He's going to rule in a way nobody ever has in League One.

Guest Bootle_red
Yeah there are two versions

With data updates the teams to the jan transfer window.

Without data just keeps it as the august transfer window but fixes the problems.

Just download and run the file.

Which one you recommend? With or without data?

Which one you recommend? With or without data?

Depends how you want it I spose. I always get with data to keep the database up to date as much as poss, but for realism start without data.

Basically all depends if you want Fowler at Liverpool at the start of the game or not i guess.

Guest Bootle_red

Downloaded the thingummajig (took 3 bastardin' hours!!!) and now when i open FM it only opens in a small window... i'll have a fiddle with the display settings and get back to you!

Cheers for all your help chaps!

Guest Bootle_red

Turns out it was a problem with the display settings... too late to see if the patch has worked though so i'll try tomorrow... fingers crossed!

Awesome! Always liked that Erwin Koeman fella, knows his stuff he does.

Well...he just got the sack ;)... But you are still going strong. Pushing second. Groningen performing well over expectance. The sad thing is that almost every good player are unsettled and wants to move to bigger clubs to match their ambitions... (or as Rash would say... money grabbing mercenary cunts!)

Guest TK-421

You are all gay.

Footie management games are for gayers.

Me, I wanna be where the action is, out on the Pro Evo field of play.