You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trabelsi, Pennant and Kuyt....

dave u

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flash cunt. Maybe you can lend Moores some cash, as obviously you're not short of a few bob if you can post on here using your phone.

I thought that. I also though it's a bit sad to be browsing TLW on a friday night when he's obviously out and about(possibly on a night out).

I thought that. I also though it's a bit sad to be browsing TLW on a friday night when he's obviously out and about(possibly on a night out).

Yes but it`s even sadder to stay in on Friday night browsing the forum.At least he appears to have a life, unlike the rest of us saddo`s.

I am writing from my phone. I am happy with Pennant. Thank God for Rafa.

I thought all of your posts were from your mobile, and that dodgy predictive text was to blame for it all :whistle:

Anyway, on this occasion I am totally with you Rash, I think that Pennant will simply not be allowed to fuck up - he has (as with Bellamy) moved from being a big fish in a small (and slightly murky) swamp, to being a squad player at the greatest club in the world. If he pisses it away by his off-the-field antics, Rafa will flog him (after Pakos' electroshock therapy).

Think back to last season when Xabi pinged cross-field balls to a space which Djibbers failed spectacularly to act upon, and imagine Pennant there instead - those who call him average or doubt his ability are being slightly unfair on the lad.

Also (as I think Mr Ballague alluded to in the last issue by referring to Kromkamp as a shrewd business move), turning Josemi into Trabelsi plus a couple of million quid has got to be something akin to water into wine?

We are going to win the league this year. Fact.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were more twists to this tale. Alves wont be happy if Sevilla's asking price scuppers his move as he is well keen on coming here, so maybe he'll kick up a fuss to get them to do a deal with us.

Benitez has definitely moved onto his other targets, but who's to say he won't go back to plan a. These things always get messy, which was why the Bellamy deal was so refreshingly straightforward.

I hate this time of year too.

Yes but it`s even sadder to stay in on Friday night browsing the forum.At least he appears to have a life, unlike the rest of us saddo`s.

You're on your own there mate. I only got in from work at about 20:30. I'm not going out now, I'm knackered.

EDIT: And I echo what VV says too.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were more twists to this tale. Alves wont be happy if Sevilla's asking price scuppers his move as he is well keen on coming here, so maybe he'll kick up a fuss to get them to do a deal with us.

Benitez has definitely moved onto his other targets, but who's to say he won't go back to plan a. These things always get messy, which was why the Bellamy deal was so refreshingly straightforward.

I hate this time of year too.

Do you think there's any chance of the Pennant deal being cancelled now though Dave? We know Alves is desperate to come here but apparantly Pennant was giving it large in town last night about how he was deffo a red. Even ynwa have confirmed he'll sign. Seems like its going to go through pretty quickly which would surely scupper a potential revearsal from Sevilla?

My head is spinning :D

Guest klakpot

That story on the Danny Alves site is the same as one on the AS site...

http://www.danielalves.net/

30 JUNIO 2006. SÓLO LA FORMA DE PAGO FRENA LA VENTA DE ALVES

El Liverpool ha aceptado invertir 15 millones de euros

El culebrón del verano en el Sevilla no termina de aclararse. La salida de Daniel Alves camino de Liverpool parece no concretarse nunca. Cuando parecía todo hecho se enfrío hasta extremos que hacían peligrar la operación y ahora parece que las partes vuelven a acercarse. Las cantidades económicas siguen fijadas en los 15 millones de euros. En concreto, los británicos pagarían 13 y el resto sería en función de unos objetivos a marcar. El cuadro hispalense desea aumentar el fijo pero parece complicado que los Reds aumenten la cantidad. Ahora, sin embargo, el gran problema es la forma de pago. Ese punto es el que tiene paralizada la operación. El Sevilla ya tenía asimilada la marcha del brasileño pero no de cualquier forma. Por ello, en ese punto están las negociaciones.

Pero parece claro que cualquier obstáculo será superado debido a la insistencia de Rafa Benítez. El técnico español sueña con tener a Alves para el puesto de interior derecho y todos los datos que maneja sobre él son magníficos. El entrenador incluso ha solicitado unos informes sobre todo el entorno del jugador y su comportamiento fuera de los terrenos de juego y éstos no han podido ser más satisfactorios. Así, además del interés por su gran juego se unen el resto de facetas de Alves.

Así la operación podría cerrarse en cualquier momento. No obstante, está claro que los británicos no aumentarán la cantidad ofrecida ya que también necesitan un nuevo delantero tras la baja de Cissé y la venta de Morientes al Valencia. De momento, ayer cerraron sin coste alguno al lateral izquierdo ex valencianista Fabio Aurelio.

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Solo/forma/pago/frena/venta/Alves/dasftb/20060630dasdaiftb_22/Tes/

SÓLO LA FORMA DE PAGO FRENA LA VENTA DE ALVES

El Liverpool ha aceptado invertir 15 millones de euros

El culebrón del verano en el Sevilla no termina de aclararse. La salida de Daniel Alves camino de Liverpool parece no concretarse nunca. Cuando parecía todo hecho se enfrío hasta extremos que hacían peligrar la operación y ahora parece que las partes vuelven a acercarse. Las cantidades económicas siguen fijadas en los 15 millones de euros. En concreto, los británicos pagarían 13 y el resto sería en función de unos objetivos a marcar. El cuadro hispalense desea aumentar el fijo pero parece complicado que los Reds aumenten la cantidad. Ahora, sin embargo, el gran problema es la forma de pago. Ese punto es el que tiene paralizada la operación. El Sevilla ya tenía asimilada la marcha del brasileño pero no de cualquier forma. Por ello, en ese punto están las negociaciones.

Pero parece claro que cualquier obstáculo será superado debido a la insistencia de Rafa Benítez. El técnico español sueña con tener a Alves para el puesto de interior derecho y todos los datos que maneja sobre él son magníficos. El entrenador incluso ha solicitado unos informes sobre todo el entorno del jugador y su comportamiento fuera de los terrenos de juego y éstos no han podido ser más satisfactorios. Así, además del interés por su gran juego se unen el resto de facetas de Alves.

Así la operación podría cerrarse en cualquier momento. No obstante, está claro que los británicos no aumentarán la cantidad ofrecida ya que también necesitan un nuevo delantero tras la baja de Cissé y la venta de Morientes al Valencia. De momento, ayer cerraron sin coste alguno al lateral izquierdo ex valencianista Fabio Aurelio.

Just thought I'd point it out.

EDIT: AS had this story on their site late this afternoon. I can't remember what the time was, but it was certainly no later than 5.30

Do you think there's any chance of the Pennant deal being cancelled now though Dave? We know Alves is desperate to come here but apparantly Pennant was giving it large in town last night about how he was deffo a red. Even ynwa have confirmed he'll sign. Seems like its going to go through pretty quickly which would surely scupper a potential revearsal from Sevilla?

My head is spinning :D

I'd say we'll more than likely end up with Trabelsi, Pennant and Kuyt, but you can never say 100% what's going to happen.

Guest Jay W

Is Bellamy an improvement over Cisse? Arguably yes.

Is Kuyt an improvement over Morientes? I'd say so given his style.

Is Trabelsi an improvement over Kromkamp and even Finnan? Arsenal wanted him badly and still want him, so he can't be bad.

Is Aurellio an improvement over Warnock and Riise? The former certainly and for me, he edges it over Johnny.

Are we covered defensively? Yes.

All being well is Gonzalez a quality addition? Yes.

Is Pennant a good player and will he improve our balance? Yes.

All positives for me people and I fail to see how big a disaster Pennant would be (some act like he's going to ruin the club). His atitude? unless somebody know him personally then I'll say nowt about the lad as we don't know him. The squad will be improved and so will the first team, with or without Alves....either way we'll still have a natural right winger who adds to the team and will give more balance, something we haven't had on that side for how many years? Arguably two as Trabelsi can operate there...Sure Alves is a dissapointment, but not the end of the world and with the squad we will have, our pursuit of Chelsea will continue....

Is Bellamy an improvement over Cisse? Arguably yes.

Is Kuyt an improvement over Morientes? I'd say so given his style.

Is Trabelsi an improvement over Kromkamp and even Finnan? Arsenal wanted him badly and still want him, so he can't be bad.

Is Aurellio an improvement over Warnock and Riise? The former certainly and for me, he edges it over Johnny.

Are we covered defensively? Yes.

All being well is Gonzalez a quality addition? Yes.

Is Pennant a good player and will he improve our balance? Yes.

All positives for me people and I fail to see how big a disaster Pennant would be (some act like he's going to ruin the club). His atitude? unless somebody know him personally then I'll say nowt about the lad as we don't know him. The squad will be improved and so will the first team, with or without Alves....either way we'll still have a natural right winger who adds to the team and will give more balance, something we haven't had on that side for how many years? Arguably two as Trabelsi can operate there...Sure Alves is a dissapointment, but not the end of the world and with the squad we will have, our pursuit of Chelsea will continue....

Yeah but in the world of some Bellamy is an injury prone wanker who isn't a patch on Torres.

Joaquin's well better than Pennant.

Aurelio is always injured and cos he's played midfield for 2 years is therefor not a full back (same with Alves if he signs with oposite positions ;))

Gonzalez's woprk permit won't come through.

Kuyt is shit and no David Villa.

:whistle:

He's a Bosman, so its not like he's eating up our budget.

A bosman on high wages no doubt. But it will be Finnan or Trabelsi in the team not both. I just think resources should be concentrated where needed. We seem to have a revolving door of squad players in and out.

Guest Jay W
Yeah but in the world of some Bellamy is an injury prone wanker who isn't a patch on Torres.

Joaquin's well better than Pennant.

Aurelio is always injured and cos he's played midfield for 2 years is therefor not a full back (same with Alves if he signs with oposite positions ;))

Gonzalez's woprk permit won't come through.

Kuyt is shit and no David Villa.

:whistle:

Do those people often have a rope handy by their computers and a knife in a box that reads 'Open only when wrists need slashing'?

Trabelsi is a very good right back but we are already well served in that position. We need to strengthen in the weaker positions.

He's being brought in to give us two good right-backs though. He's Kromkamp's replacement really. If Finnan is injured that area becomes a weak area.

He's being brought in to give us two good right-backs though. He's Kromkamp's replacement really. If Finnan is injured that area becomes a weak area.

Do you think either of them will be happy playing second fiddle to the other?

The best way to improve the team is to replace at least the weakest member of your first eleven with a better player every season. We are signing back-ups for the strong positions and failing to sign in the weak positions.