You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's just soooooo predictable...

Kopite

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing has me both pissed off and also worried.

Basically, the situation is that Rafa has very little to spend. He can boost that kitty by selling his captain, or he can keep him and miss out on the players he wants.

You all know my feelings towards Gerrard. If he wanted out, I'd have helped him pack his bags and I wouldn't have even missed him.

However, he doesn't want out, he wants to stay. I'm pretty damn sure about that. He thinks that the club don't want him to stay now, and they'd rather have the money from selling him. I think he's right.

I wouldn't be arsed to see him leave of his own accord (it'd be easier to accept), and I could even sort of accept it if he was offloaded because of what he put us through with his flirting with other clubs over the past 12 months.

What I won't accept is the club selling him because they failed to bring in investment.

I heard some things today which I have to keep quiet about, but what I was told was pretty fucking depressing. We're skint, simple as that.

What angers me about this is that we have been paying Hawkpoint for 18 months or so to find us investment. Every investor they came up with was backheeled by Parry and Moores for various reasons.

Morgan was knocked back too. Now we find ourselves in a situation where we cannot give the manager the funds he needs unless we sell what is widely regarded as out best player.

If Gerrard leaves, ten to one says the club make out it was because of his wage demands. I for one, won't buy it.

Dave, without putting you on the spot would the new stadium be impacting on this situation as personally that is my gut feeling.

This whole thing has me both pissed off and also worried.

Basically, the situation is that Rafa has very little to spend. He can boost that kitty by selling his captain, or he can keep him and miss out on the players he wants.

You all know my feelings towards Gerrard. If he wanted out, I'd have helped him pack his bags and I wouldn't have even missed him.

However, he doesn't want out, he wants to stay. I'm pretty damn sure about that. He thinks that the club don't want him to stay now, and they'd rather have the money from selling him. I think he's right.

I wouldn't be arsed to see him leave of his own accord (it'd be easier to accept), and I could even sort of accept it if he was offloaded because of what he put us through with his flirting with other clubs over the past 12 months.

What I won't accept is the club selling him because they failed to bring in investment.

I heard some things today which I have to keep quiet about, but what I was told was pretty fucking depressing. We're skint, simple as that.

What angers me about this is that we have been paying Hawkpoint for 18 months or so to find us investment. Every investor they came up with was backheeled by Parry and Moores for various reasons.

Morgan was knocked back too. Now we find ourselves in a situation where we cannot give the manager the funds he needs unless we sell what is widely regarded as out best player.

If Gerrard leaves, ten to one says the club make out it was because of his wage demands. I for one, won't buy it.

Fuck me,I need a stella.

Depressing.

I was merely mirroring the preposterousness of this whole situation.

Ahh! It is that. It's actually pretty sad.

As great as the CL win was, it really seems like we could actually be going backwards again this season and that win has put us no nearer whatsoever to being able to consistently compete for the title, let alone win it.

It takes a special kind of fuckwit to achieve something so spectacular. Well done, Rick.

I am still hoping though, that this is all a massive prank by LFC to make the papers look like absolute tossers and not only have we secured investment, but Rafa has secretly made 6 world class signings and the new stadium was finished weeks ago and is hidden under a massive tarpaulin in stanley park. Rafa is gonna have a big smile on his face knowing he got us all and will be pointing at us and laughing like a big Spanish Jeremy Beadle.

Ahh! It is that. It's actually pretty sad.

As great as the CL win was, it really seems like we could actually be going backwards again this season and that win has put us no nearer whatsoever to being able to consistently compete for the title, let alone win it.

It takes a special kind of fuckwit to achieve something so spectacular. Well done, Rick.

I am still hoping though, that this is all a massive prank by LFC to make the papers look like absolute tossers and not only have we secured investment, but Rafa has secretly made 6 world class signings and the new stadium was finished weeks ago and is hidden under a massive tarpaulin in stanley park. Rafa is gonna have a big smile on his face knowing he got us all and will be pointing at us and laughing like a big Spanish Jeremy Beadle.

Parry is wanting Hermes position as Coco the Clown in the Moscow State Circus.

Guest Gazmo25

I'm not too sure how many proposals the club have had from different individuals over the last 18 months or so regarding investment but the main sticking point with Morgan was that it would have meant Moores relinquishing control which it is quite clear he isn't prepared to do. If I remember rightly the last part of the club that was sold was the Granada deal which again diluted what Moores had but left him in control. Therefore, who is going to invest in a club where you are going to be a sleeping partner? It would be like buying a house off someone but they would still live in 2 of the rooms. I think we all know that Moores is brass and that Littlewoods isn't the powerhouse it once was so is it time for him to step aside if he really wants investment? I think he has conducted himself brillantly as chairman and if he left I would gutted if he was replaced by a Shepard/Kenwright type character.

Regards Gerrard, I was fuming with him last summer and after a couple of his press conferences during the season (notably the one about us not having a chance of winning the CL before the Leverkusen game - felt as though that interview was given with the sole purpose of keeping attention on him even though he was suspended) I would have sold him there and then. Maybe Rafa has had enough of the Stevie Me circus over the last 12 months and decided he is not needed. He is a tremendous player but if Rafa wants rid than so be it. If we need to force him out then so be it. If Steven had conducted himself better in the press and not kept all reds in the dark then maybe more people would be outraged, I honestly think that a lot of Reds will be glad to see the back of him though sad as it sounds

If we lose Gerrard at this point we'll be going backwards no matter what we do, imo. Boosting the transfer kitty is fine if you're going to be bringing in a couple of SWP-quality players, but let's face it, that's not what we'll be doing.

What a sick fucking joke. We'll be a laughing stock.

Billy Smarts Big Top.........The fuckin clown!!!!!

He's planning on going AWOL, he's going to join the Moscow State Circus. He's just waiting till it takes its yearly visit to New Brighton and then he'll be off with a whizz-bang.

Well i have been on the beer all day and reading this whole thread has really sobered me up, its so fucking depressing its untrue.

Firstly Dave is one of the very few people i believe in all things Liverpool and i am sure he is bang on the mark.

i voiced big concerns about the financial state of the club last close season and i know Colin hates my guts for my beliefs and loves to call me Nick Leeson. I get no pleasure in being proved right on this as a Liverpool fanatic all i want is what's best for the club.

As for Gerrard my views are very similar to that of Dave's ie Gerrard was a cunt this season but for the club to push him out like this shows a lack of class which I find totally baffling, LFC are the classiest football club on the planet and for Parry to behave in this way is truly shocking, if Rafa has being saying one thing ie SG to do weight training to lift trophies and actually do something else i personally will have lost a lot of respect for the man because its just not THE LIVERPOOL WAY.

I am sure when the time is right Dave will tell us what he already knows, i have a pretty good idea what that is but i will keep those views private as if i post anything that may be deemed negative to LFC I normally get shot down in flames for it.

my other main fear here is how Carragher reacts if he feels that Stevie has been pushed out of the club

Personally 30m for the loss of Gerrard under these circumstances wont help Rafa and he will have a huge job to unite the squad for the season ahead.

truly depressing stuff, just hope i wake up in the morning and the mghtmare's over

Guest Iceman

Why have two of Liverpool's best home grown players left or nearly left in the past year? What the fuck is going on at our club?

It really does beggar belief what goes on in his head. how many errors (couldn't have been put milder) can this man make and still happily receive his half a million pound salary?

That last line just did it for me. I hate him now. I want him to be maimed in a chemical fire.