You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Platini News Article...

dave u

I've taken it off the site now, because if UEFA or Platini decided to make an issue out of it I could have got in bother as it's difficult to prove without naming my source, which I would not be prepared to do.

It was a risk putting it up in the first place, but I wanted to make sure people were aware of what happened. That's done now, so I've taken it down.

It's a great story though, if I was still a journo I'd be chomping at the bit to find out more - have any papers or media sources picked up on it, do we know?

Some nationals are aware of it. We'll see if they run it or not.

Some nationals are aware of it. We'll see if they run it or not.

Platini was my favourite player of all tiem till this season, i was willing to give him the benfit of the doubt as soem of the things he said could have been taken out of context due him speaking crap english, but now i dispise the french twat and I am glad to have read the article before it was taken off. Cheers for the info dave much appreciated

I've taken it off the site now, because if UEFA or Platini decided to make an issue out of it I could have got in bother as it's difficult to prove without naming my source, which I would not be prepared to do.

It was a risk putting it up in the first place, but I wanted to make sure people were aware of what happened. That's done now, so I've taken it down.

Dave, I missed the article, any chance of posting on the forum, or e-mailing it ?

Good on you for posting it Dave - just shows the level of lying going on when Fat Lenny comes out and tells the world it was a unanimous decision.

Thing is, UEFA are never going to say "well a few of the guys didn't want them in, but they were over-ruled". They're always going to put on a united front.

The whole 'unanimous' thing was laughable, because some members were known to be against it (seem to remember the Norwegian guy was against us?).

Guest Gazmo25
Thing is, UEFA are never going to say "well a few of the guys didn't want them in, but they were over-ruled". They're always going to put on a united front.

The whole 'unanimous' thing was laughable, because some members were known to be against it (seem to remember the Norwegian guy was against us?).

Wonder if the Norwegian guy was related to Frode Kippe and has taken out his revenge on us for ruining his career!

Shame because I always try to imagine people like platini as the wise elder statesmen of the game - what they should be.

Think it was YKI was saying the other day that the club has always been submissive after heysel - Platini and others attitudes show that however far we bend we will always be the scapegoat. I feel we've never really fitted with the real madrid/juve/barcelona/milan european glamour club thing - we came along and pooped on their party by winning too often. Bit like Raul's atttitude to MO when he arrived - 'you're not getting the ball off me you little upstart'. Shanks always had a healthy disrespect for all that shit because he knew his way was better. The club really needs to revive that ethic and show some pride, fuck me we've earned it.

Just one thing, if it wasnt for "Fat Lenny" we might not had been in it.

Out of all the UEFA representatives opening their mouths in the media he seemed our strongest supporter, and since he's the most powerful figure in that organisation, i reckon we should show some gratitude towards him, clearly the oposition has been rather strong.

Just one thing, if it wasnt for "Fat Lenny" we might not had been in it.

Out of all the UEFA representatives opening their mouths in the media he seemed our strongest supporter, and since he's the most powerful figure in that organisation, i reckon we should show some gratitude towards him, clearly the oposition has been rather strong.

I don't think so - not when by permanently changing the rules to admit the winner to the group stages regardless of league position they confirmed our case was undeniable. He was aware of the popularity of our case and that the credibility of the competition was threatened. They should have foreseen this and acted years ago - they're paid enough to do so for fuck sake. He gave us the bare minimum possible - I'm damn sure Real or Juve wouldn't have been in QR1, but then it wouldn't have arisen in the first place.

I don't think so - not when by permanently changing the rules to admit the winner to the group stages regardless of league position they confirmed our case was undeniable. He was aware of the popularity of our case and that the credibility of the competition was threatened. They should have foreseen this and acted years ago - they're paid enough to do so for fuck sake. He gave us the bare minimum possible - I'm damn sure Real or Juve wouldn't have been in QR1, but then it wouldn't have arisen in the first place.

Fair enough, but my point is the president of UEFA showed us support when many powerful figures within it didnt.

It can't have been all easy for him to make this happen.

Fair enough, but my point is the president of UEFA showed us support when many powerful figures within it didnt.

It can't have been all easy for him to make this happen.

I think it's fair to say that hadn't the Uefa president thrown his full weight (no pun intended) behind us, we would be preparing for the Uefa cup as we speak.

I for one appreciate Lennart's effort to promote our case against other sheisters who have dug up Heysel and God knows what. He has also admitted Uefa made a mistake when they made the rules last time around, and they have rectified that for the future.

Never again will a national association be allowed to fuck the Champions of Europe in the arse the way the FA has done with us. Fair play to Uefa for sorting that out for the future and at the same time admitting their mistake.

They confirmed that in their opinion, the FA made the wrong decision. That's why the Executive Committee removed the FAs option for the future. The Champions of Europe will never again suffer at the hands of their own national association.

Real wouldn't be (in fact, weren't) in QR1 because the spanish association, unlike the FA, didn't abandon their Champions of Europe.

Mon Capitain and EW- with all due respect, and to all those who believe that we are 'lucky' to be in it and should be thanking Fat Lenny, I disagree.

He is President of UEFA. The rule should have been changed when Madrid got in. But like any good politician, why fix something when someone else (the Spanish FA) fixes it for you. Back he goes to his meatballs and glog.

We get by the QF but are still well entrenched in 5th. What do they do? Does Fat Lenny show some leadership even as the FA are saying that they will more than likely nominate Everton and not us? No. Like any good politician, he hopes that someone else will do the job. Unlucky for Fat Lenny, Chelsea didn't.

Now the pressure is on. Fa are standing firm. Liverpool are in the Final. Still nothing.

Then we win, and right away everyone who isn't a Red Issue forumite or Michel Platini or a bitter blue are calling for us to be in it as we are Champions.

We won. Champions of Europe. In the group stage there is a spot reserved for the TH (title holder). The title holder goes into the group stage. Just like Real Madrid when the Spanish FA did Fat Lenny's dirty work. In fact, the rule for next season, if we finish 5th and retain our trophy, we'll go into the group stage. If we finish 12th like Villa. If we get relegated and win 2 games all year. We'll go in as TH.

So, why are we praising Fat Lenny? Because he somehow spun this as his doing? Because some Norwegian and Maltese didn't like the idea of us getting in and the great Swede managed to find us a way in? Fuck me, that;s like winning a night with Kylie and knowing you're Spanish mate got the chance to get her again without having to slum around with bearded-Kazak women or Azerbajini babooshkas.

Precedent was set with Madrid. A precedent UEFA agrees with as they've made it a rule. Next year. Except not for us. You tell me there's no anti-Liverpool bias on Fat Lenny Round Table. And he as President is responsible.

Would Real Madrid have gone in QR1? If the Spanish FA had put RZ in. Would they fuck.

I think it's fair to say that hadn't the Uefa president thrown his full weight (no pun intended) behind us, we would be preparing for the Uefa cup as we speak.

sheisters who have dug up Heysel and God knows whI for one appreciate Lennart's effort to promote our case against other at. He has also admitted Uefa made a mistake when they made the rules last time around, and they have rectified that for the future.

Never again will a national association be allowed to fuck the Champions of Europe in the arse the way the FA has done with us. Fair play to Uefa for sorting that out for the future and at the same time admitting their mistake.

His Champions League. His rules. His 'board' digging up Heysel. His allowing the FA to fuck the Champions of his Tournament. .

Fair play to sorting that out for the future. He approved it in the past. He approved it for the future. But Fat Lenny does not have a concept of the present.

All the FA did was push the envelope. And the watch UEFA squirm.