You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why we should tell Fat Lenny to stuff it

As champions we should have gone in at the group stage. But considering our league placing, an acceptable comprimise would have been QR3. Now, UEFA is telling us that we will have no country protection, and if I understand, less money from rights should the blues fluke it in to the group stage. This is nothing less than a slap in the face to the Champions of Europe in the Greatest Final Ever (fuck me, I sound like Gary Neville Diaries).

The Fenerbache Argument: That the Turks would have suffered.

No. They only got into the group stage because the winners didn't qualify domestically. They benefitted from our poor league form and the injuries we suffered throughout the year. In fact, we were only getting back to full health by the time the Delle Alpi game came.

They're doing us a favour by letting us in, even in QR1.

No. They're (UEFA/FA) fucking up our season. The happiest people right now are MU, Arse and Chelsea. With upwards of 70 matches, how much threat will we be? If we suffer even half the injuries we had this year (which would be a normal year) we're not going to even come close to mouinting a challenge. And Red Nick, if you say TRUST IN RAFA I will come to Malaga and twat you :). This is not a favour. We are caught in the middle of a pissing contest between FA and UEFA. I say we tell them BOTH to piss off.

In it to win it:

Why? We've won it fivetimes. We've got the dented trophy to keep. It's ours. But we've never won the Premiership Trophy. We haven't won a domestic championship since 1990. Our CL campaign directly affected our PL campaign.

When are Parry and the club going to stand up? Do you think, when Fat Lenny floated his QR1 trial balloon, that if this was happening to Gill, Dein or Kenyon they'd say naught and sun the themselves in Barabados. No, they'd be in an uproar, bleating to anyione who'd listen, calling Amstel and Sony. We're getting walked on by both the FA and UEFA. Our club is getting shit on all the time: weakened FA Cup game vs Burnley (but mancs don't- it's 'plucky' Exeter). Everton were bleating on and on to anyone who'd listen aboot 4th. The FA and UEFA have known this was a possibility but played a game of brinkmanship with us as the brink (or ship) in the middle.

The Stand we should make (and I'll write the letter for you Rick since your're too busy sucking back Carib and laying aboot in the sun)

Dear FA and Fat Lenny,

Thank you for addressing the matter of our participation in the Champions League. I assume this is your final decision, so I shall not argue our point with regards to why we should have been entered at a higher stage. However, I regret to inform you that we cannot participate in any the Supercup or the FIFA Club Cup becaus of fixture congestion. As well, because it is a World Cup year and the majority of our players are likely to be involved in the World Cup, we will be fielding our U18 team in the FA and Carling Cups.

We are forced to concentrate on the Premiership in England to assure qualification for the Champions League in 2006-7. Thank you,

Sincerly Rick Parry.

This season, blinded by European glory, we lost sight of our mantra.

Our bread and butter.

Do not break the faith again.

NP

your normally quite sane unlike myself however the biggest problem with your rant is lumping the FA an Uefa into the same group, Uefa bailed us out after the bunch of cunts at FA didint take the decision that Uefa presumed they would take and were not going to tell em to stuff if are we.

No, mate- UEFA had time to fix this. It's not the first time it happened. Fat Lenny could have put us in the group stage. But because we go in at QR1, Poland, Turkey and Romanian teams all move up one rung on the ladder.

I think we've been caught in a pissing contest between the FA and UEFA. It's nothing short of a fucking joke.

The defending champions starting off in Azerbaijan??

Is that where Real Madrid started their defence of the Cup?

A sound analysis sub-commandante Patrick - El Gordo Lenny will be sentenced to Death By A Thousand Tapirs - this involves having his lardy arse painted to look like a female tapir...

I can't believe many fans are happy with this.

Oh, well, at least we don't have to go to Japan

The 4 extra qualifiers are like a pre-season.

Great, we can work on our set pieces in Tblisi or Minsk.

Good Lord, you all sound like Neville Chamberlain trying to appease Fat Lenny.

Oh, thank you Lenny for letting us in. It's OK if you don't give us country protection, or make us start in 4 weeks. You are a strong leader Lenny. Can I make you some meatballs and glog?

If Rafa reads books aboot Shanks, goddam Parry should be reading books aboot Winston Chruchill.

Thanks, but no thanks Fat Lenny. Oh, and I'd hold back our players Fergie-style for international duty.

No, mate- UEFA had time to fix this. It's not the first time it happened. Fat Lenny could have put us in the group stage. But because we go in at QR1, Poland, Turkey and Romanian teams all move up one rung on the ladder.

I think we've been caught in a pissing contest between the FA and UEFA. It's nothing short of a fucking joke.

The defending champions starting off in Azerbaijan??

Is that where Real Madrid started their defence of the Cup?

have you thought that putting us in round 1 was the only way that Lennart who is a closet Liverpool fan could actually get a majority decision. As i have said the PL an FA are the cunts in this

ok thats an extra 4 games on last season. Hypothetically.......

Liverpool reach the final in Paris, you could bloody walk there. How many points on the s/ts and fan card would you need for a ticket given that 8 out of 15 got you first dibs in Istanbul

have you thought that putting us in round 1 was the only way that Lennart who is a closet Liverpool fan could actually get a majority decision. As i have said the PL an FA are the cunts in this

He's the President. He should show some leadership if that was the case. Fat Lenny should have fixed the rule when it first came up. And why should Malta, Cyprus and Iceland have any say in this. For fucks sake is Malta even a country? Cyprus? Isn't it split in half? This should have been an executive decision by Fat Lenny. Plain and simple. Liverpool go in the group stage as HOLDERS OF THE BLASTED THING and everything else is status quo- ie Fenerbache start where the supposed to, the Poles and Romanains start where they're supposed to. But noooo, we go in QR1. My nieghbor drives a Volvo and I'll be having a word with her.

As funny as it would have been, Everton fully deserve their spot. No if, ands or buts aboot it. We should have gone in at the group stage because...WE FUCKING WON THE BLASTED THING! Now, being a sensible Canadian QR3 would have been acceptable because we finished 5th.

Put us in the group stage. If Everton and Mancs qualify, then we could talk aboot money and country protection.

He's the President. He should show some leadership if that was the case. Fat Lenny should have fixed the rule when it first came up. And why should Malta, Cyprus and Iceland have any say in this. For fucks sake is Malta even a country? Cyprus? Isn't it split in half? This should have been an executive decision by Fat Lenny. Plain and simple. Liverpool go in the group stage as HOLDERS OF THE BLASTED THING and everything else is status quo- ie Fenerbache start where the supposed to, the Poles and Romanains start where they're supposed to. But noooo, we go in QR1. My nieghbor drives a Volvo and I'll be having a word with her.

As funny as it would have been, Everton fully deserve their spot. No if, ands or buts aboot it. We should have gone in at the group stage because...WE FUCKING WON THE BLASTED THING! Now, being a sensible Canadian QR3 would have been acceptable because we finished 5th.

Put us in the group stage. If Everton and Mancs qualify, then we could talk aboot money and country protection.

we just have to accept the decision with class and dignity

ok thats an extra 4 games on last season. Hypothetically.......

Liverpool reach the final in Paris, you could bloody walk there. How many points on the s/ts and fan card would you need for a ticket given that 8 out of 15 got you first dibs in Istanbul

Mate, with the Air Miles you collect if you went to every game you could fly to Oz and get Kewells deep massuese and bring him back to Harry could make at least half-time.

Am seriuosly considering selling my house, heading to Switzerland and staging a protest by force feeding myself Toblerones until I go into insulin shock unless they overturn this.

Are you softening up now? Back to your own smooth self? You should got all in today, not giving them your pinky, you're on a roll ;)

Are you softening up now? Back to your own smooth self? You should got all in today, not giving them your pinky, you're on a roll ;)

No, but I could see as a reasonable argument why QR3 would be acceptable, allowing for integrity of the domestic competition. And it would have been acceptable to most.