You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Saudi Pro League

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Enjoying the camaraderie of like minded individuals about food, wine, women, politics and sport?

In this thread?

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You?

Sharing stories about ex-Reds Stevie, Hendo, Gini, Firmino, Fabinho …

And fending off some cultural stereotyping from some bigoted bellends.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You've been lurking for 10 years and this it?

C'mon man, if football is the sole topic you have chosen after 10 years of sitting on your hands that is some seriously weak shit.

This would be a valid argument if this was the only place one can use to interact with people. 

You may think it is, but it’s not.

3 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

This would be a valid argument if this was the only place one can use to interact with people. 

You may think it is, but it’s not.

Of course not Bubbaibi, there is no doubt you discuss world politics and human rights with the folks in Dubai, most would agree on that - but I have seen that I am keeping this thread afloat so I look forward to your contributions on global energy, geopolitical maneuverings, women's rights and democracy in the appropriate threads. And breakfasts, or sandwiches. The world is your oyster, make of it what you will.

That is a wide berth Bubbaibi - try to find some space there.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Of course not Bubbaibi, there is no doubt you discuss world politics and human rights with the folks in Dubai, most would agree on that - but I have seen that I am keeping this thread afloat so I look forward to your contributions on global energy, geopolitical maneuverings, women's rights and democracy in the appropriate threads. And breakfasts, or sandwiches. The world is your oyster, make of it what you will.

That is a wide berth Bubbaibi - try to find some space there.

Thank you for the invitation habibi. 

Outside of football I like to get my knowledge from books and travel. I find that more useful.

1 minute ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Thank you for the invitation habibi. 

Outside of football I like to get my knowledge from books and travel. I find that more useful.

Heck yea, respect. I am suggesting you share that fountain as it has to be more insightful than what you post about football.

I just threw you a bone on the GF to help with the transition. 

Get well.

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Heck yea, respect. I am suggesting you share that fountain as it has to be more insightful than what you post about football.

I just threw you a bone on the GF to help with the transition. 

Get well.

Thank you habibi, but TLW is not the most appealing place for me when it comes to non-football related matters. My main interest in it is to understand the LFC fan culture.

Besides, there are many users who mainly post on the FF no? You can invite them to the GF if you need more contributors there.

You surely can’t be so obsessed with me .. after all, I’m just a bellend no?

A bellend you find too hard to ignore … for some reason.

1 hour ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Correct. And I did not include these two in my list. I have made my views very clear regarding the political aspects, and I’m not asking anyone to agree with those views. 

You want to keep bringing them up every time I post something about Stevie ? No problem. 

You want to comment that you will never watch the league every time I post something about Hendo? No problem.

You want to post imagined stuff about my region every time I post something about Gini? I’ll call you out for it. 

But they are not imagined, and if as you say the people are happy with the government then that makes them cunts as well.

10 minutes ago, Dicko said:

But they are not imagined, and if as you say the people are happy with the government then that makes them cunts as well.

I clearly listed the matters that were imagined didn’t I? Sorry but I cannot be clearer.

I also clearly stated my views on the other matters. You can make of them what you want.

Anything else I can help you with?

4 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Well … here’s a list of some imagined stuff that I’ve encountered on here , for your reference:

Women are not allowed in stadiums.

Matches are played in soulless empty stadiums.

Football fans in neighboring Middle Eastern countries are not interested in the Saudi league.

Yemenis cannot possibly support a Saudi club.

There is no Saudi football league for women.

An Arab cannot possibly have “

especially good command of subtle, sarcastic English idiom usage”

And just for your info, the vast majority of Saudi people are very happy with their government and leadership. I talk with them. You read about them.

At least you've realised that you and the rest of your country are broadly in support of a shower of murdering psychopaths.

7 hours ago, Dicko said:

At least you've realised that you and the rest of your country are broadly in support of a shower of murdering psychopaths.

A mate of mine worked in Saudi for a while. He said they're the most fucking horrendous people he's ever had to deal with. Massive egos and there's a huge national superiority complex. Basically if you're not saudi you're scum. 

Sounds like Yorkshire except without the beer.