You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Liverpool open to sending Carvalho on loan next season

TLW

Fabio Carvalho could be set for a season away on loan with the club open to the idea according to a new report.

The Portugal U/21 international was one of the key figures in Fulham's automatic promotion to the Premier League and a number of top sides were chasing his signature for a very small fee in today’s football landscape.

Liverpool had done a lot of ground work and after just missing the opportunity bring him to the club in the winter window he arrived last summer and early on had a positive impact, famously scoring the dramatic winner against Newcastle and also scoring in the 9-0 rout against Bournemouth.

But after making 16 appearances prior to the World Cup, Carvalho has only made four since. He scored in one of those fixtures against Man City in the Carabao Cup but was substituted at half time.

His only other start came against in the third round FA Cup replay against Wolves in mid January while he has been a late sub in the other two games.

There has been speculation to why he has basically dropped completely out of the rotation, with one school of thought being that he is brushed off the ball too easily and needs to add some physicality to his overall game.

Carvalho 1.jpeg

It is not the first time that a newcomer to the squad in the Klopp era has got the ‘tough love’ treatment and certainly won’t be the last.

In the main it has done those players the world of good with Andy Robertson being one major success story.

Now Football Insider report that Carvalho could follow the same path as fellow Fulham academy graduate in Harvey Elliott and hone his trade at another club where he will get consistent minutes and valuable experience.

The report does not state which clubs may be interested in taking on Carvalho for next campaign. The Reds have a good relationship with Blackburn where Elliott thrived and currently Tyler Morton is there for the season.

Rovers are currently looking to secure a spot in the Championship playoffs but while that league is a great breeding ground for talent, it would be more beneficial to have Carvalho play in the Premier League where the Liverpool coaches can keep a close eye on his progress.

Newly promoted Burnley could be a good landing spot for Carvalho, a club totally transformed from the dour and attritional football of the Sean Dyche era to a very progressive style under former Man City captain Vincent Kompany.

Carvalho who is signed to the club until 2027 is someone with technical ability and could thrive in that environment before returning to the club as a more-rounded player.

Certainly one more storyline to watch with interest in the upcoming busy summer of ins and outs.

View full article

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Yes, we did, and he was a very good prospect. He's just disappointed. It happens, often.

I don't think we did hence him being shoehorned into different positions.

I think he has played for us at LM, CM, LW and as an AM.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

I don't think we did hence him being shoehorned into different positions.

I think he has played for us at LM, CM, LW and as an AM.

Fair enough. You don't think we did. We did. But if it helps you to think that we didn't, fill your boots.

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Fair enough. You don't think we did. We did. But if it helps you to think that we didn't, fill your boots.

Do share this amazing plan you are so sure we had - as all we have seen is the lad get sporadic minutes which ended in October played in different positions.

Unless of course that was the plan you are referring to....what a belter it was too.

One other thing I will say about this lad is I would have personally liked to see him have been given all the minutes that Oxlade wasted playing for us since restart after that shite in Qatar.

Why a soon to be leaving player who had been unavailable pretty much all season was getting minutes ahead of this lad does not seem right to me.

Ok it was not a lot but probably about 5 games he was involved in - but would sooner have seen the lad Carvalho get those mins.

9 hours ago, an tha said:

Do share this amazing plan you are so sure we had - as all we have seen is the lad get sporadic minutes which ended in October played in different positions.

Unless of course that was the plan you are referring to....what a belter it was too.

Oh dear, you've confused me with your servant. Of course, the only thing that happens is on the pitch, observed by the odd fat-arsed dullard with a big mouth. On you go.

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

Oh dear, you've confused me with your servant. Of course, the only thing that happens is on the pitch, observed by the odd fat-arsed dullard with a big mouth. On you go.

How dare you....I might be a dullard and have a big gob - but i'll have you know i've worked too hard over last two years to have my arse called fat, pal!