You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pointless Thread

Red Nick

I know it wont happen but if we could somehow pursuade Alan Shearer to Join us in January I think we could make a serious challenge for this seasons championship as he is the ideal leader of the line to fit Rafa's system.

I would have thought he would like one last crack at the major honours before retiring

As i said unlikely to happen but here's to dreaming

Guest glen buck
Because he wanted to join us last season prehaps

Think it was more a case of Mad Bobby trying to sell him to us Al, rather than Shearer actually wanting to come.

Decent shout though. I'd be happy to have him myself, just to see us through the present situation like. But I couldn't see him wanting to leave now to be honest. Think he'll finish his career there now.

i think it would be an easy sale to Shearer, if he wants to be a manager why not spend 18 months under Rafa as that would surely complete his education.

Would love to see it...but would Shearer be concerned about the reaction of Newcastle fans and how it might affect his chances of future Barcode management?

shearer is a moaning arrogant dirty twat. wouldn't like to see him in a red shirt. as much quality as he has, id fucking hate it, if we signed him.thankfully i cant see it happening

Living in Newcastle i have to put up with all the barcodes wanking over him regardless of how badly he is playing, he can do know wrong. He could walk into SJP on a matchday with a machine gun and kill about 50-60 ppl and he would get off with it for one reason or another.

When he plays Bad they say he isnt getting service, or some other old excuse yet if it was shola they would slate the fucker.

They are sooooo blinkered towards him it is sickening.

Must admit tho he is a good player and would be a good buy for us just to have someone who can take the knocks and hold the ball up (he is one of the best in the business for that). Plus he would get you a few goals (imagine him on the end of Alonso/Gerrards passes).

I would only like to see him sign so i could get his name on the back for comedy value of winding up the barcodes.

Would love to see it...but would Shearer be concerned about the reaction of Newcastle fans and how it might affect his chances of future Barcode management?

I am sure that is a consideration and may have been the reason it never happened in the past but i cant see souness been sacked for at least 2 years and time is a great healer